• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest captures in the safari zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenXxX

Coordinator
My hardest catch was a Shiny Kangaskhan. I spent about 3 hours a day for 2 weeks trying to get it before I finally found one, but it ran away!! D:
I had to spend another 4 days trying to find one which I luckily caught. I like to shiny hunt for pokemon rather then breed for them.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
The hardest pokemon to catch, for me, is most definetly Tauros. I would chase after Chansey, but it's only perk in my eyes is its monsterous HP. Healing is not part of my strategy, which is to hit hard and fast. Unfortunetly, Tauros fits my strategy. Plus, it's a total boss. I have yet to catch one.

Then there's the pokemon that you want to catch. It always seems to escape the Pokeball and run away when you want to catch, nevertheless trying to find one in the first place. I had this problem trying to catch a Dodrio to learn Fly (no lie!)

Finally, I would like to share a story of trying to catch that elusive pokemon Dratini. For the amount of money that I had wasted trying to get into the Safari Zone to catch the little bugger, I could have bought the coins at the Game Corner to buy one. I kept tossing my Super Rod at that first body of water at the enterance to the zone, wasting all 30 of my Pokeballs, until, I struck a miracle! A Dragonair! Of course, I really wanted the Dratini, so I tossed a ball just for laughs; my last ball. Nudge, nudge, nudge, click! Holy Arceus! I caught a Dratini with my first throw! That Dagonair later went on to a succsseful career in my Emerald of beating the life out of Drake's team.

I had a ton of trouble with Chansey, which I suppose was the point. It took me like an hour and a halt to finally catch one. Lucky me though, the one I caught was holding a lucky egg!

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Wait, which safari zone? Anyway for me it has been Larvitar, Riolu and Corphish. Corphish just doesn't appear.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The hardest one for me was Chansey......Took me a few hours just to catch it.

Chansey is probably the most difficult one to encounter, and is also hard to catch. Dragonair is also difficult to catch, those awesome dragons just keep fleeing!

Also, the fleeing Shiny Dratini and Shiny Seaking were difficult to catch too: they fled after one (failing) Safari Ball being thrown.

TherianForm

King of TM87
Kangaskan , Tauros or Dratini -.-

Dragonair. I did it, though!

chess-z

campy vampire
Caught every single one ecept for chansey.
Exact opposite of what most people have, it just sits there like a dope and I run out of pokeballs.
It sucks!

Last edited:
Why does chancey have to flee after i do anything i have been trying to catch one for over a week now

Last edited:

SolidWolverine

For me it was Tauros without a doubt. Khangiskan and chansey were tough, but trying to catch a tauros on leafgreen is just plain out frustrating

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Dragonair. The usually run away and the ball barely ever shakes once when I encounter one in the Safari Zone.

-Espada-

Chansey and Tauros. Took me a week to get all the Safari zone pokemon

Guro

SHSL Teen Blogger
Chansey & Scyther didn't pose too much of a problem for me, really? I mean, it wasn't super easy, but it wasn't very taxing either. I ran into them often enough, so it was a game of "throw the ball and hope it stays in" rather than tear your hair out looking for the stupid thing first and then when you find one, finally, it runs. :p It took 15-20 minutes to catch Chansey and Scyther (each--so less than an hour for both together). However, Tauros is a royal pain in the behind and I can barely manage to even find him. I've only seen him twice and, obviously, both attempts ended in failure. Kangaskhan I have caught in the past, but not in my current run of FR. From what I remember, they're also a pain, but I haven't set out for one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.