• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest captures in the safari zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
wtf u ppl talking about! tauros was a first tryer- so was kangaskahn-
the toughy is chansey! i caught dratini...
and, then again, idk if i ever even encountered a scyther...

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I usually caught Kangaskhan pretty easily. It was always Tauros or Chansey being a huge pain. They'd break out immediately and then flee. So frustrating!

EonDragonFTW

always chansey/tauros
Kanghaskhan was easy for me to catch tho

In my opinion, Chansey and Dragonair.

LimeSoda

I've caught them all and it was definitely Tauros.

Now that I have Fire Red though, Scyther seems pretty hard.. When it comes to numbers though since Pinsir and Scyther are both LG/FR exclusives, scyther's catch rate is probably the same as Pinsir's- and you don't see anyone saying Pinsir on this thread. So I probably just had bad luck.

Last edited:

DerpyMail

Derpy Hooves
I managed to capture a Tauros one time, and I was really happy! I took me weeks to get it, omg.
I'm not sure, but I think I once saw a female Tauros. I know it's not possible, due that he's only male, but maybe it was a glitch?

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I agree with Lime Soda on Scyther and Pinsir but i always thought catching a Rhydon was very difficult as well but then again it's kind of all about luck. I usually sont spend too much time in the safari zone besides to get the goods.

Articuno I

Monotype Battler
Chancey, Dragonair and Tauros. In the end, I managed to catch Chancey and I just got a dratini from the slot machines (after figuring out how to get a jackpot roughly every 10 goes), and I'm still trying to get a Tauros.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Of all my years of owning LeafGreen, I have never caught a Chansey. Haha, it even says 'Catching one is all up to chance'. :)

LimeSoda

Ha probably someone has, but if Dragonair only has a 1% encouter rate in the safari zone, then the chances of that happening would be 1/2000. Not including catch rate

Status
Not open for further replies.