• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Captures you've had?

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Like... Times where you couldn't catch a Pokémon.

I don't recall having much luck with growlithe in the Virbank Complex...

Dr. Steve

Most Legendaries. Particularly Mewtwo in my SoulSilver. Then if I somehow catch them I end up repeating the same process if they don't come in proper natures. >_>

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Lugia in SoulSilver. I used 50 Ultra Balls and not one of them ever shook at all. I wound up having to waste my Master Ball on it.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
Playing my old Black version and wanted to catch a Metang. I managed to not capture it, it's HP was as low as I could get it, and it ended up struggling therefore killing itself. -.- Needless to say, I never tried again and had to do something else.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Moltres on Firered... I had to actually ask my bro to do it for me in the middle of the night >~> *ashamed* ;^;

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Magby in Virbank Complex, I caught my first Kecleon in Sapphire today in a Repeat Ball. Nothing really, I caught my games Lati in 1 ball. So yeah.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
The hardest capture I ever had was probably... my Shiny Sawsbuck in Pokemon Black X_____X It just wouldn't go in after 5!!! Critical Captures from an Ultra Ball! D8

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Lugia in SoulSilver. I used 50 Ultra Balls and not one of them ever shook at all. I wound up having to waste my Master Ball on it.

Smae with me -w-', only it actually killed itself from Struggle...

Twice...

I just used my Masterball on the little *grumble grumble* son of a Bibarel... Third try.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Rayquaza in my Japanese Heart Gold. It took me well over 8 months to get, with on-and-off attempts. It would either A.) Struggle itself to death, B.) Sweep my team with Crits, or C.) Get hit with Crits by my team.

Ditto B1tch

Any legendary that travels through routes, appears occasionally and flees immediately (the three dogs and Mesprit, for example)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The Solrock and Lunatone I just encountered in my B2. Couldn't catch them, even with all of my 86 ultraballs thrown at them :p

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
When I was young, it took me almost a week of constantly restarting to catch Articuno.

Angus1

Articuno and Moltres I am yet to catch in my Platinum game, and I recall Azelf being a pain as well. However, the top prize undoubtedly goes to Heatran in Stark Mountain. Barely any HP, asleep, everything from poké to ultra to dusk to timer to quick balls, and he still isn't mine... :-(

TailsNight

For me it was Rayquaza, the only pokemon I had that was strong enough to face him and live, kept Ko'ing him on the second of third hit, the others weren't fast enough to make a dent. Then I go to fight him after must have been my twleth time that hour, and bam, he's black. I went O.O OMG no way, I just threw the masterball I was saving for lati@s, and other fleeing legendaries. Then my sister walked up and yanked the cartridge out for ignoring her >.> I went back all sad and defetated like and just thre the masterball walked away with rayquaza.

GreenSweeper

Pokemon = supr srs
Skarmorys never play nice with me. I use false swipe to get them to 1 HP, and then put them to sleep, and yet they still always want to take 20 Ultra balls to stay caught.

I remember back in Emerald they used to be really rare, and they only ever wanted to appear when I had like 5 Ultra balls and a Great ball. .Ugh!!

Oddly enough I caught my one and only naturally encountered, non-traded shiny (a Skarmory) with a Great ball. :D