• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest gym leader in johto

Hardest johto gym leader

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Who gave you the most difficult? And why?
Also no ranting towards the Milktank, unless it's 100% needed. Thank you!

Last edited:

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Clair because for me it was hard to beat her Kingdra without Dragon-Type moves and she K.O.'ed my party multiple times.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I'd say Whitney and Clair. They were really hard to beat. Whitney more than Claire though.

Kalosian

So long
Falkner and Morty were really hard the time I went with Chikorita. Whitney was tough the first times I battled her. Otherwise, all of them were easy.

Meowth City

Staff member
Clair definitely. My Pokemon are often underlevelled by the time I battle her and I never have any ice moves or ice type Pokemon. Weirdly enough, I never had any problems with Whitney at all.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Clair was fairly difficult but my levels were good by that point. Whitney was definately the toughest for me, mostly because of her miltank.

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
I found Bugsy to be a pest in Gold and Silver. Now he's a pushover. But that Fury Cutter actually used to hurt alot. Whitney was kinda meh. I usually had a Drowzee by that point to beat her up with. Clair has always given me grief though. Stupid Kingdra always annihilating my team with Hyper Beam...

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Definitely Whitney. That.....Miltank.......

Im not sure what my second choice would be. :p

Last edited:

Mew_is_awesome

shiny hunter
Morty was hard to beat cause his gengar was always putting my pokemon to sleep

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I voted for Clair because it took me ages to defeat her in Silver version. Her Dragonair were challenging even though I had a Jynx with Ice Punch, and then her Kingdra was even worse since none of my Pokemon had moves that were super effective against it. Clair was just a nightmare.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Bugsy and his super Syther

Venomfang

Perky Goth
lol you had problems with syther yet ash's quilava defeated it and still had energy

Totodile was my starter. And the anime doesn't reflect the games.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Totodile was my starter. And the anime doesn't reflect the games.

well explain why ash got destroyed by whitney's milktank just like everyone else who's played gold,silver,crystal,heartgold,soulsilver.