• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest gym leader in johto

Hardest johto gym leader

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Whitney and her miltank was my first exp against a wall. i can't remember how many times i had to fight her in Gold ;)

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
most people would say whitney or clair, but for me, since i used chikorita in both gold and soul silver, pryce was very chellenging, even though his guys were lower leveled then jasmine's

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
[Kingdra];13092706 said:
Jesus christ...that Miltank

As Long as I'm not the only one.

look at the poll you'r not the only one

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The hardest was Clair. She kept paralyzing my powerful pokemon

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
there is no competition. "Whitney's miltank used rollout! Hurry, get away! You're screwed!"

yeah, that's about the size of it.

Lady Ariel

Event Collector
I would have to say the hardest gym leader in Johto would have to be Clair, since I never was able to defeat her. I suppose it also doesn't help with me starting out with a Cyndaquil though.

George~©

All Gravy
Whitney was way too easy. Morty was hard. I was using Quilava, Slowpoke, Weepinbell and Cubone, I had nothing to take a shadow ball. I lost the first time, then just went through everything with Quilava and Flame Wheel. Clair was also suprisingly easy, Victreebell just put it to sleep then completely wrecked it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I would have to say the hardest gym leader in Johto would have to be Clair, since I never was able to defeat her. I suppose it also doesn't help with me starting out with a Cyndaquil though.

Clair was pretty hard

Aquarelle

Staff member
For me, it was Clair. I had so much trouble beating her on Gold. The only decent Pokemon I had at the time was my Typhlosion, who got owned by Kingdra at least a dozen times (all my other Pokemon were lv.20 or under I think).
When I *finally* beat her, I remember how happy and relieved I was...until she said that I had to go to the Dragon's Den before I could get the badge. That made me want to cry and push her into the lava in her gym.

Whitney and her Miltank were WAY easier for me to defeat.

Chocho753

DarkHika~
In Crystal, Whitney and her Miltank, that alone. Clair was easy for me, my Feraligatr and Jigglypuff knew Ice Punch.

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Whitney destroyes my team.
I know One-shot milktanks now for revenge

PokemonTrainerKaden

Price because I didn't have a fire type at the time of the battle. I had a water type an electric type and 2 water types.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
That Milktank went trigger happy on my team, i swear.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine. Her Steelix usually defeated all my Pokemon with Iron Tail.

I had to catch a Water-type Pokemon to beat her. Which is a pain, because I chose Chickorita.