• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest gym leader in johto

Hardest johto gym leader

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruby Blue

^ Agreed.

I mean, I see why she could be hard in theory, but I usually carry a female pokémon by that point anyway :/

Plus, I tend to use decently bulky pokémon anyway.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Gengar+Hypnosis+Dream Eater is no win for Morty.

Then again, I'm too lazy to evolve eevee to umbreon.

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I would always choose Cyndaquil, so Whitney was obviously hard for me.

I always found Falkner hard for some reason, I usually got knocked out by his Pidgeotto.
Clair was hard too, her Kingdra is really strong!

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Whitney's clefairy used metronome and it got Sheer Cold!!!!
And after that her miltank wasn't any easier

Arksun

Bugsy for me cause in Pokemon Gold i chose Chikorita obviously it would be harder to beat Morty because of the same 'Grass' type pokemon , i had to spend some time training up Bayleef a couple of levels so i could battle Bugsy the other gym leaders after that were easier cause i caught more pokemon :)

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
It'll always be that cow Whitney and her Miltank. D:

Grenseal

Strider of the isle
For some reason, Jasmine was the toughest for me and I don't know why but I do know that steelix was a pain more so than in pokemon stadium 2 (using rental pokemon) but afterwords she was a breeze /CENTER]​

DasBoot

When I first played through Gold I didn't have a hard time with Whitney. For some reason, I had a hard time with Clair, she would paralyze my Pokémon with Thunder Wave and defeat most of them.

Gunner7

OMG idk
i for some reason had trouble with ghost

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
I actually had more problems with Clair cuz I only used Typhlosion heavily at that point. (That friggin Kingdra! DX) Whitney was also a pain, but had a successful plan to teach my Quilava Rollout (via TM at the time) and Rollout Miltank before she could Rollout me.

sir waffy

love and destroy
Clair, mostly because of her Kingdra. Her Dragonair? No problem, Jynx has Ice Punch. Kingdra? Can and will knock out any pokémon I'll throw at it.

Golemite

They should ban Miltank's Rollout! There are so many ways to make it not hit, but I still come to her gym unprepared every single time. D:

Jameson1

Mes amis
I'd say Whitney or Clair. I trained my team for hours on Route 35 to beat Whitney in Crystal.