• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest gym leader in johto

Hardest johto gym leader

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
You probably used thunder or tunderbolt a constant amount of times.

Like I said, I only used my Typhlosion against Clair because it was the only Pokemon I had been training for the entire game. So I didn't have either of those moves. In fact, now that I think back, it probably went something along the lines of *Strength* *Hyper Potion* *Strength* *Hyper Potion* *Strength* *Hyper Potion* and so on...xD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Like I said, I only used my Typhlosion against Clair because it was the only Pokemon I had been training for the entire game. So I didn't have either of those moves. In fact, now that I think back, it probably went something along the lines of *Strength* *Hyper Potion* *Strength* *Hyper Potion* *Strength* *Hyper Potion* and so on...xD

That's a good strategy could typhlosion have learned thunderpunch back in those times I forgot its been over a decade since I've played.

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
That's a good strategy could typhlosion have learned thunderpunch back in those times I forgot its been over a decade since I've played.

I'm not sure. Was Thunderpunch even a move back then? If it was, I never payed attention to it. I didn't really pay attention to TMs back in third grade. xD

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~

leafstormfire

~Freezing Winds~
I didn't know how hard she was at first, so I just sand-attacked her Miltank, somehow got it confused, and killed it.

Golemite

I thought thebattleforntierash meant the Normal-moves-don't-affect-Ghosts--but-vice-versa-as-well thingie. What good would Gastly's Lick do against Miltank (or any Normal-type)? :p Rollout, being a Rock move, sure hits Gastly, though. :/ I remember I had a hard time back then figuring out what type was Rollout. Of course I first thought it's a Normal move and might've tried to counter it with Gastly myself........

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I thought thebattleforntierash meant the Normal-moves-don't-affect-Ghosts--but-vice-versa-as-well thingie. What good would Gastly's Lick do against Miltank (or any Normal-type)? :p Rollout, being a Rock move, sure hits Gastly, though. :/ I remember I had a hard time back then figuring out what type was Rollout. Of course I first thought it's a Normal move and might've tried to counter it with Gastly myself........

In the older games ghost types couldn't attack with out a second move that's not a ghost type rollout wouldn't work well on a fighting type.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
My hardest was Bugsy. Fury Cutter did a lot of damage to my pokemon, and I wasn't even underleveled. Lost to him many times.

Whitney was surprisingly easy in Crystal due to my Croconaw's Ice Punch. Took her down in two hits.

Morty was tough too. I remember when his Gengar swept my team.

Chuck was only hard in HG/SS.

Clair was no pushover. She kept paralyzing my pokemon thanks to Dragonbreath, giving her the advantage.

Last edited:

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
It bugs me that it says Milktank .. but whatever, that's my vote.

After that, Bugsy's Scyther and its Fury Cutter was actually hard for me the first time playing.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh gosh, it's a tie between Jasmine and Clair with me, but I went with Clair because of her FREAKIN' KINGDRA. Seriously, none of us expected it to show up, and for its dual type of Water/Dragon. Didn't help it had Hyper Beam it used a lot.

Hyper Beam was freaky back in the day. Everyone feared Hyper Beam...

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Milktank. Defs Milktank.
;P

But seriously, Whitney was a pain in my behind. Destroyed me so many times.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Chuck's DynamicPunch is annoying as hell.