• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Gym Leader

Hardest Gym Leader?

• Falkener

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Whitney

Votes: 161 56.9%
  • Morty

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Pryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Clair

Votes: 61 21.6%
  • Any Kanto Gym Leader

Votes: 15 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Claire always seems to know how to piss me off.

But I've never had problems with Whitney through all the times I've played through Crystal.

Qwizmaster

Pokemon Trainer
Whitney here too - . -

Rollout was effin annoying

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Whitney, that damn Miltank is so good defensively and just whittles away health with Rollout. Every other Gym Leader is too easy.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
Everyone is saying Whitney, but I have never, never had a problem with her. It was usually Silver at Ilex forest, right before her, that got me. XD I had a problem there all three times and I can't explain it. XD

But Pryce was the worst for me. His damn gym. Lol. I can't really explain him either, but he was the only gym leader in that game that has ever beaten me.

DoomTako

I think the first time I played through Silver, Whitney drove me nuts. My latest play-through, not so much. Clair also can be kind of annoying. I kinda cheesed her to death by using Fly with Lugia though. xD;;

Whitney was definitely the hardest. Jasmne is second and Clair is third.

The strategy I always use for her is teaching a pokemon dig, so I can stop the rollout from getting too powerfull.

ScorpioStarmie

Concert Headbanger
Whitney always gave me problems with her rollout. Her miltank beiong normal type didn't help~

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I always found Whitney to be the hardest leader of Johto. Her Miltank would use Rollout t just sweep through my team, and when I would get a decent amount of damage on her, it would use Milk Drink to recover like it was nothing...

Charade

The Culprit's Agito
Ever since challenging Milktank, I've gained a new respect for normal types.

"I'm finally about to beat that miltank!"
Milktank uses milk drink!
"Crap!"

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Whitney hands down.
She's the only gym leader whom i ever lost to other than Misty in Red.

Thanks to her Miltank, I used to HATE Rollout VERY, VERY MUCH. That made my Quilava, Butterfree and Pidgeotto cry.
That cow learnt Attract, Stomp (might make your Pokemon flinched!) AND Milk Drink as well!
In addition, Normal type Pokemon are only weak to Fighting type, and I usually didn't use Fighting type Pokemon...

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
The hardest gym leader for me in the second generation was definately Whitney hands down. Her Clefairy always became a surprisingly tough obstacle for the starting pokemon. Metrenome screwed me over so many times when I first played the game, usually she would end up landing with Hypnosis. And because I was fairly new to the world of pokemon battling I usually only had one good pokemon so that started the "ownage".

Rollout was the toughest lesson for me playing that game, it really was. Quilava, Scyther, Pidgey, Rattatas... they all fell to the rolling fury of that damn cow. Whenever Quilava was actually lucky enough to not get a rollout fury or some other trick thrown at him. Milk Drink would happen and heal all the health, as a child I remember throwing huge tantrums whenever I was "close" to winning. One GameBoy Color was permanentely broken because of tons of trown at wall action.

Whitney is a damn pain in the arse character wise too. OMFG I LOST ;;;;;;;;;

Aquarelle

Staff member
Clair was the hardest for me on Gold because my only good Pokemon was Typhlosion.
It kept on getting owned by her Kingdra. >_>

The other gyms were pretty tame.

Arrowbic

The Nuisance
Whitney and her Miltank were such a pain! I had to hit it with a crap-load of smokescreens/sand-attacks, a supersonic, and then slowly whittle down its health with Nidorino's Double Kick. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.