1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hardest Gym Leader

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by iZor, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Monozu

Monozu この日、森の中・・・

Morty's Hypnosis was really irritating. I found Falkner extremely difficult, too.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Out of curiosity, what was your Platinum version team like? I imagine that it must've had a lot of Fire/Ground Pokemon for it to be weak against Gyarados, but for that Gym match it's usually common to train an Electric-type to handle his Gyarados. That's what I did in Pearl since my team wasn't going to win without something to take down Gyarados with specifically.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  3. WalesNote

WalesNote Well-Known Member

For Platinum, it's Gardenia and Fantina. The rest are easy, but those two have strong pokemon for the stage you'll be at.

Soul Silver, my match with Falkner was mostly stalling for poison to knock out Pidgeotto, Bugsey killed my team twice before my zubat one shotted scyther, Whitney was easy, Morty was one destroyed by my Crobat's bite, Chuck was destroyed by my Meganium, Jasmine destroyed my team three times with magnamite's thunder wave/supersonic and her steelix's iron tail, Pryce was simple. Have yet to fight Claire so far.

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

You'd better be prepared for her ace Pokémon! Claire can be tricky to defeat on your first try.

5. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Fantina in Platinum. Her Haunter had Hypnosis and Confuse Ray, and it drove me up the wall. My Pokemon finally wakes up from sleep only for it to hurt itself in confusion, and Haunter puts me to sleep again. I also found out Pokemon don't recover from confusion while sleeping. :/

Clair in HGSS, because her Kingdra refused to die! I felt like Whitney was nerfed in HGSS...

RedBlastoise and TwilightBlade like this.
  6. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

EDIT: oops, I didn't read the thingo properly!

Probably Fantina from Plat. I remember having a bit of trouble with her. Possibly Byron?

Leonhart likes this.
  7. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Oh hell I remember how annoying Falkner was in HGSS. His Pidgeotto always spammed Roost and for me it was especially hard since my starter in SS was Chikorita. :p

Leonhart likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Roost definitely was a pain in that Gym battle, although my main gripe about that first Gym match was that Hayato (Falkner) didn't receive a team upgrade other than having his Pokemon's levels boosted, but I wanted him to have something like Hoho (Hoothoot) on his team back then.

TwilightBlade and PokePlatinum14 like this.
  9. PokePlatinum14

PokePlatinum14 Pokemon Platinum Master

My team had Infernape,Rapidash,Tortarra,Empoleon,Noctowl and one other that I forgot but it wasn't electric.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  10. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

Difficulty for me went like this; Volkner > Fantina > Candice > Maylene > Crasher Wake > Byron > Gardenia > Roark. Volkner's Electivire in Platinum always gave me trouble.