• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Gym Puzzle

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Honestly, I think most of the puzzles in the gym to get to the leader are easy, but there are those rare few that really make u think. So what do u think the hardest gym puzzles from each game are? I have never played some of these games and I know some of the puzzles change like from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum.

Kanto: Janine(those invisible walls were so annoying)
Johto: Pryce(I hate ice puzzles)
Hoenn: Juan
Sinnoh: Candice
Unova(B/W): Drayden/Iris
Unova(B2/W2): Clay
Kalos: Olympia(Wulfric was a close 2nd)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Um, okay, I guess...

FRLG: Vermillion City Gym.
HGSS Kanto: Vermillion/Fuschia City Gym.
HGSS Johto: Cianwood City Gym.
RS: Mauville City Gym.
Emerald: Lavaridge City Gym.
DP: Sunyshore City Gym.
Platinum: Sunyshore City Gym.
BW: Opelucid City Gym.
B2W2: Opelucid City Gym. (For the sole reason of the Trainers being far too hard)
XY: Santalune City Gym. (All were easy, but I did get lost once or twice here, at least)

11Slimeade11

The Great Birdman!
Gen 1: I'd say Vermilion. Not hard, just obnoxiously annoying and time consuming.
Gen 2: Blackthorn. This one was genuinely difficult when I first tried it.
Gen 3: Sootopolis. An easy miscalculation or finger slip can ruin this gym for you.
Gen 4: Snowpoint. I never understood ice physics in games when I was young.
Gen 5: Driftveil. In both Black/White and Black/White 2 it was a LOT more difficult than the others and stuck out like a sore thumb.
Gen 6: Snowbelle. This was the first instance that I played a Pokémon game without knowing anything but what Pokémon appeared in it. So this puzzle confused me a LOT. Took me 25 minutes to do XD

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Kanto: Lt. Surge. SO. ANNOYING. And for the gen 4 version, Janine. I also used to struggle with sabrina
Johto: Clair. I used to get stuck on the first thing in HG/SS, it kept getting stuck on the wall XD
Hoenn: Juan. Especially the last one in his gym
Sinnoh: Candice, definatly, it took me and my brother about 2 days to work out how to complete it, with Volkner at a close second.
Unova: Skyla, actually. And for B/W2 Clay.
Kalos: Valerie or Olympia. Mainly Valerie.

Kalosian

So long
Kanto (RBY): Vermilion, mostly because it was more based on luck than strategy of any real kind.
Kanto (FRLG): Same as for RBY.
Kanto (GSC): These had puzzles? Are you kidding me? No challenge whatsoever.
Kanto (HGSS): These had puzzles? This time, they did. Vermilion still gets a point for having the same luck-based puzzle, but the Gyms of Celadon, Fuchsia and Viridian required some thinking from what I remember. Not sure which I found to be the hardest.
Johto (GSC): Ecruteak. Took me forever to figure out how to do when I played it the first time. The others except Magohany were easy from what I remember.
Johto (HGSS): Most of them were easy (especially the Ecruteak Gym compared to the originals), but the Blackthorn one probably gave me the most trouble.
Hoenn: From what I remember, Sootopolis, but Mossdeep was also tough. Regarding the ones that changed in Emerald, I remember I found the Fortree one harder than in Ruby & Sapphire.
Sinnoh: Definitely Snowpoint, closesly followed by Sunyshore. The Snowpoint puzzle is the hardest in the series in my opinion, and Sunyshore also gave me a lot of trouble. I think the Sinnoh games have had the best puzzles in the series so far.
Unova (BW): Either Icirrus or Opelucid.
Unova (BW2): Driftveil or Humilau. Driftveil wasn't hard, it was just difficult to navigate since you couldn't see very much. Humilau wasn't that had but still forced me to think towards the end.
Kalos: Snowbelle. I found this pretty hard, the whole spinning thing confused me.

Ibuki Mioda

SHSL: Light Music
Kanto: Lt. Surge. Took Ibuki the longest to solve.
Johto: All were easy. Umm... Morty??
Hoenn: Wallace/Juan. Ibuki can solve the puzzle without failing now, but when she was younger Ibuki always messed up.
Sinnoh: Candice. Took HOURS to solve on pearl. Platinum was easier because Ibuki was older and understood the puzzle more.
Unova: Drayden/Iris. Long, boring and tedious to run around trying different combinations.
Kalos: All were easy puzzles. Ibuki was lost in Olympia's gym for two minutes, but her gym was cake!!

Hardest gym: Candice.