• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hardest legendary bird

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
I never really found out which was harder, as they all felt kinda the same. But because Moltres is known as the strongest, I kinda suspect it.

donaghtlc

Dragon trainer
????

i found them all easy but still can be dificult.............

articuno:easy to battle but takes the longest to catch.

zapdos: since zapdos only needs surf to get to you will not be able to resist battling it with under leveled pokemon and this makes drill peck very dodgy because of its power and attack stat. detect also causes problems.

moltres:the main problem is it can burn and use fire spin and when those things happen it will use wing attack and your pokemon will loose hp fast! its not that hard to actualy catch when its hp is low and its paralyzed,asleep or frozen.

NINJA PENGUIN2

<-- YOU WILL BE MINE
I FOund Articuno the hardest, i'd Soft Reseted for Moltres and Zapdos and caught them relitivly easily, ive come to articuno and got a shiny one twice (out of like 15000 tries) but he killed himself both times! Why wont he just stay the the flippin ultra ball?

mockingjay

swift and lol
Ah, Moltres. It was a pain in an (Beep!) to beat AND catch it. Zapdos and Articuno took me around 2-5 turns.

SilverMorty

Zapdos-

I use my Venusaur's Sleep Powder for catching pokes (my only status move) and that wasn't good against Zapdos's Thunder Wave and Drill Peck. Detect with its Pressure ability also frustrated me.

Moltres was hard to stay in the balls though.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Moltres was the hardest for me, i must have used about 30-40 ultra balls before i caught it, even with my Venusaur keeping it asleep and getting its HP right down.

csisps_26

Roark <3
For me, it was definitely Articuno. Eventhough I have a type advantage. >.< Oddly, for Zapdos, it was OK, & for Moltres, in stead of what people call OHKO, mine oddly was a 2 hit KO. But my Charizard wasn't that high of a level. -.-" Strange things happen like crazy. >.<

Let's see...

Articuno
Catch Rate: 3
~ Mist
~ Agility
~ Mind Reader
~ Ice Beam

Zapdos
~ Thunder Wave
~ Agility
~ Detect
~ Drill Peck

Moltres
~ Fire Spin
~ Agility
~ Endure
~ Flamethrower

Wow, everyone has a bad movepool and the catch rate is same for all. Moltres and Articuno have only one threatening move, while Zapdos has Drill Peck and Thunder Wave. But Drill Peck's base power is only 80, Ice Beam's and Flamethrower's is 95. In conclusion, they're pretty equal. I've never found any of them very hard.

Woopman

Wooptrainer
Zapdos. I used the Master Ball on him, because I thought Mewtwo was an event Pokemon or something.

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
I'd have to go with Articuno. That stupid little bird took me forever to catch, because my pokemon were all below its level (Articuno was lv 50, correct?) all of mine were about lv 39 when i fought Articuno. I caught it eventually with a Timer Ball that I traded from Ruby version. I'm glad i chose Blastoise as my starter, because i walled Articuno.

Kipcha

Zapdos. Not only did it keep paralyzing my Pokemon and being perfectly accurate with Drill Peck EVERY STINKIN' TIME, but it refused to stay in the stupid ball.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Hummm....Zapdos. By a very slim margin. I had the advantage against all three Birds of a Jolteon that outsped them and used Thunder Wave, then pummelled them with Thunderbolt.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
none of them were hard for me to catch to be honest, i was prepared for them i used high level teamies and i had plenty of items and balls.