1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hardest legendary to catch in 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by *~Pokemoshka~*, Aug 18, 2012.

1. *~Pokemoshka~*

*~Pokemoshka~* Champion of Internet

Just curious about your guys' opinions on the most annoyingly hard legendary Pokemon to catch in the second generation.

Personally, I had trouble with Ho-oh, but that was personally me.

NOTE!: Please don't mention the roaming legendaries. Those are universally hard, without the Master Ball, that is. I'm only talking about the interactive legendaries, the ones you have to go up and "talk to".

Thanks~

-Moshka :577:

2. Fabulous Ampharos

Fabulous Ampharos Pokemon Breeder :3

Personally, I never found any of the interactive legendaries hard to catch.

3. *~Pokemoshka~*

*~Pokemoshka~* Champion of Internet

That's what I thought. Except with some infernal annoyance with Ho-oh in the remake, but that doesn't count.

4. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I guess Lugia or Ho-Oh were the hardest as they knew Recover, which could make them a pain to catch if they kept restoring their HP. But there isn't really a choice as they together with Suicune in Crystal are the only non-roaming legendaries. As for Suicune, I always found it easier since it didn't know Recover.

5. Fluffyy

Fluffyy Peace ^-^!

Lugia was easy to catch for mee, but Ho-Oh was somewhat hard to catch >.<

6. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

All of them were easy to catch but Lugia is quite hard since it took me 50 Ultra balls to catch it

7. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Depends whether you use Heavy balls on Lugia/Ho-oh or not. If you do, then it's Crystal Suicune, otherwise, Lugia and Ho-oh are tougher.

8. Nitocrys

Nitocrys Call of the Mountain

Lugia was fairly easy. But Ho-oh and the 3 dogs, it was a pain to catch those.

9. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

The Legendary Beasts hands down.

Guess Ho-oh was hard for me to catch. I remember using my Master Ball on Lugia, so Ho-oh was the hardest for me. (Didn't help I had Silver version.)

10. silent_control

silent_control Well-Known Member

Ho-oh... I used my Master Ball on.... Snorlax xD.

11. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

Entie was the hardest legendary Pokemon to catch for me. It took me like 35 ultra balls to catch it.

12. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

Ho-oh and Lugia were hardest

13. Hassamugarura

Hassamugarura クサイハナ

Lugia. I've caught it maybe...4 or 5 times now in my Silver, every single time it's brutally hard.

14. Flandre

Flandre Fluffy Flareon

The only one I had trouble with was Lugia. I didn't even want him, poor 'little kid' me really wanted to buy Gold, but they ran out in the shop on the first day. So blood, sweat and tears went into catching the legendary that I hate the most. But I wanted to be able to power through the rest of the game and he was the only answer. ;_; I spent HOURS trying to catch that fool, I think it even took me more than a day. But I wasn't the best at Pokemon then so I was probably just throwing balls at it with full health. Skills. I had dem.

15. iFi Salamander

iFi Salamander I'm a vampire!

Well second gen only had like 5 legends. The dogs were all irritating. Ho-oh on Silver was quite the annoyance too because of Sunny Day and Sacred Fire that could wipe out your entire team. Lugia wasn't bad because he just isn't that dangerous.

16. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

I'm gonna say Ho-oh. It's really painful to catch.

17. DarthVader

DarthVader Well-Known Member

I cloned my master ball several times so nothing was hard to catch.

However, before I did this I found Ho-oh very difficult.

18. Durbe

Durbe I'm tired

Lugia and it's freaking Recover annoyed me to no end.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Ho-Oh was tough to catch in Silver version. I think I used like 30 Ultra Balls during that encounter. The Beasts are also hard to catch, but that goes without saying.

20. Prohawk

Prohawk A Professional Bird

I'd say Entei/Raikou. Just finding them was hard enough when I was a kid..