• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest legendary to catch in 2nd gen?

*~Pokemoshka~*

Champion of Internet
Just curious about your guys' opinions on the most annoyingly hard legendary Pokemon to catch in the second generation.

Personally, I had trouble with Ho-oh, but that was personally me.

NOTE!: Please don't mention the roaming legendaries. Those are universally hard, without the Master Ball, that is. I'm only talking about the interactive legendaries, the ones you have to go up and "talk to".

Thanks~

-Moshka :577:

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Personally, I never found any of the interactive legendaries hard to catch.

*~Pokemoshka~*

Champion of Internet
That's what I thought. Except with some infernal annoyance with Ho-oh in the remake, but that doesn't count.

Kalosian

So long
I guess Lugia or Ho-Oh were the hardest as they knew Recover, which could make them a pain to catch if they kept restoring their HP. But there isn't really a choice as they together with Suicune in Crystal are the only non-roaming legendaries. As for Suicune, I always found it easier since it didn't know Recover.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Depends whether you use Heavy balls on Lugia/Ho-oh or not. If you do, then it's Crystal Suicune, otherwise, Lugia and Ho-oh are tougher.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Lugia was fairly easy. But Ho-oh and the 3 dogs, it was a pain to catch those.

blackterminator3

Entie was the hardest legendary Pokemon to catch for me. It took me like 35 ultra balls to catch it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ho-oh and Lugia were hardest

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
The only one I had trouble with was Lugia. I didn't even want him, poor 'little kid' me really wanted to buy Gold, but they ran out in the shop on the first day. So blood, sweat and tears went into catching the legendary that I hate the most. But I wanted to be able to power through the rest of the game and he was the only answer. ;_; I spent HOURS trying to catch that fool, I think it even took me more than a day. But I wasn't the best at Pokemon then so I was probably just throwing balls at it with full health. Skills. I had dem.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
Well second gen only had like 5 legends. The dogs were all irritating. Ho-oh on Silver was quite the annoyance too because of Sunny Day and Sacred Fire that could wipe out your entire team. Lugia wasn't bad because he just isn't that dangerous.

Cutty

Forever now
I'm gonna say Ho-oh. It's really painful to catch.

DarthVader

I cloned my master ball several times so nothing was hard to catch.

However, before I did this I found Ho-oh very difficult.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ho-Oh was tough to catch in Silver version. I think I used like 30 Ultra Balls during that encounter. The Beasts are also hard to catch, but that goes without saying.