• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest NPC ever fought,ever.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
The name is self explanatory. Who is the NPC you have had the most trouble with in all of Pokemon.

For me,no doubt Mysterial(final round,PBR champ). I was using Platinum so he got a party of:

Palkia
Kyogre
Lugia
Latios
Manaphy
Mewtwo

(the game is set so all our Pokemon are lvl 50,kinda like Battle Subway/Frontier,it is a Double Battle and the order is as listed)

I didn't knock out a single Pokemon the first time I battled him and I still haven't beaten him.

Which NPC has been the hardest for you?

The name is self explanatory. Who is the NPC you have had the most trouble with in all of Pokemon.

For me,no doubt Mysterial(final round,PBR champ). I was using Platinum so he got a party of:

Palkia
Kyogre
Lugia
Latios
Manaphy
Mewtwo

(the game is set so all our Pokemon are lvl 50,kinda like Battle Subway/Frontier,it is a Double Battle and the order is as listed)

I didn't knock out a single Pokemon the first time I battled him and I still haven't beaten him.

Which NPC has been the hardest for you?

I agree with you, Mysterial was by far the hardest opponent in any Pokemon game. I didn't have trouble but only because my team was sun. Scarf Azelf Exploded on turn one killing both his leads. Cherrim lived due to Focus Sash used Sunny Day. Next turn Shiftry Exploded (boosted by Flower Gift and Helping Hand), killing his other two Pokemon.

Cynthia was pretty tough too.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
I would have to say Cynthia (as Champion in her game, not at her cottage in 5th Gen.)
Other than that....Brock in Yellow version. All I had was a Pikachu and Pidgeotto. Darn Rock-types.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
I agree with you, Mysterial was by far the hardest opponent in any Pokemon game. I didn't have trouble but only because my team was sun. Scarf Azelf Exploded on turn one killing both his leads. Cherrim lived due to Focus Sash used Sunny Day. Next turn Shiftry Exploded (boosted by Flower Gift and Helping Hand), killing his other two Pokemon.

Cynthia was pretty tough too.

I was not playing competitivley (no knowledge of EVs or natures etc.) at the time I reached Mysterial so that's probably why I lost. I only even reached him because I spammed my Rayquaza's Outrage and I got darn lucky with IVs when I checked them much later. Also,his Palkia outsped mine so that certainley spelled my doom.

Now I really can't beat him cuz I've transferred 90% of my Pokemon to 5th Gen and the ones copied on my copy of PBR currently are not EVd.

In Pokemon Red Sabrina was pretty hard even by today's standards. It doesn't matter what you run, Alakazam will destroy you.

mycooly

Banned
Red in heartgold for sure

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
In Pokemon Red Sabrina was pretty hard even by today's standards. It doesn't matter what you run, Alakazam will destroy you.

Really as long as you have a decent physical attack, you can obliterate Alakazam in one hit quite often.

My hardest battles are any time I get to frontiers, battle towers, etc. I don't really have a hardest battle in the adventure part of the game

mycooly

Banned
I forgot about him...and his TOP PERCENTAGE RATATTA! In all seriousness,it is top percentage. It has perfect ivs.

Perfect IVs, 255 EVS in everything, its monstrous 0_0

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Phoebe in RSE screwed me pretty badly the first time,I still won though.

Koga's rematch in HGSS pissed me off too,stupid baton passing Venomoth....

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
The rival battle near the nugget bridge was surprisingly difficult and almost always takes several tries on my runs in Firered.

There's also the Steven battle in Emerald (and his champion battle...), Cynthia, sometimes Cheryl, and Lorelei. It took me forever to finally beat Lorelei, and then I was faced with Agatha. Ended up having to fight Lorelei all over again and again and again. Stupid Jynx and Sweet Kiss. :/

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
I found Ghetsis from BW pretty damn hard. Stupid hydreigon.
Well his Hyreigon isn't even legal. It's level 54. Deino evolves at 64. (I think I attempted to make that observation into a thread. Guess it wasn't approved lol)
But yeah he was pretty darn hard to beat since I had 1 level 55, and nothing to counter Cofagrius or Electross. He whooped my Samurott -__-

Skydra

That's why it's good to defeat Koga first. If you can get past his spamming of Double Team (Minimize in third gen) you can beat him way easier, then use all your accumulated experience up to that point against Sabrina. I think in my first playthrough (FireRed) I ended up battling Sabrina after Blaine even.
I found Ghetsis from BW pretty damn hard. Stupid hydreigon.

Yeah, the first time I had to use Zekrom because my team was all level 50 and under. In Black though I shirked Reshiram because I wanted to defeat Ghetsis with my team, and I did (a lot of the work from my Excadrill).