• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest(or just hard) Games on a Nintendo Console?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this
i own this game now since... 1995 or something? anyway i got many hours experience on this game and i know the secrets, the routes the boss take, but i never made it past the eagle, i only made it a few times to that point but i didn't manage to memorise his routes in order to win from him. you encounter him in the castletower it wouldn't surprise me if he was the final boss of that game.

callum5042

Brawl Pro
F-Zero GX was the only game that made me throw my controller at walls. Chapture 9 almost done, fall of edge, game over.

Did Super Mario All-Stars get rid of Lost Level's invisible blocks that weren't required to get through the stage? I remember beating it when I was 12 without too much difficulty...

Anyway, I have yet to beat the same games Cipher mentioned... but it's been forever since I tried... might be able to now.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Did Super Mario All-Stars get rid of Lost Level's invisible blocks that weren't required to get through the stage? I remember beating it when I was 12 without too much difficulty...
That's the only version I've played through. I've somewhat exaggerated the number of invisible blocks, but they really do show up at all the worst times (mostly over long gaps or groups of enemies).

You might have gotten lucky and missed them.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
CONTRA.

Both the original and the second one (not contra force, that one sucked) are insanely hard. Seriously, it's almost physically impossible to beat the game without the 30 lives code, even with a partner helping you.

That's the only version I've played through. I've somewhat exaggerated the number of invisible blocks, but they really do show up at all the worst times (mostly over long gaps or groups of enemies).

You might have gotten lucky and missed them.

Coming soon: New Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, where every invisible block over a bottomless pit has a 1-up mushroom inside.

esm8m

Pokémaniac
I'm surprised that neither the original Legend of Zelda or Zelda II: Adventure of Link has been mentioned. Both of them are extremely hard, especially the second, and they're quite a jolt for anyone used to playing the newer ones, like me, since they're so different.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
F-zero GX and Super Mario The Lost Levels. I go insane, and makes me want to smash my controller there.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Lost Levels, Battle Toads and F-Zero GX are so ungodly hard it makes full grown MANLY-men weep.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I'm surprised that neither the original Legend of Zelda or Zelda II: Adventure of Link has been mentioned. Both of them are extremely hard, especially the second, and they're quite a jolt for anyone used to playing the newer ones, like me, since they're so different.
I mentioned Zelda II already. As for the first one, it's hard (I've only just beaten it), but not ungodly hard as some of the other games mentioned here are.

Chris

Old Coot
Kid Icarus, any Megaman game, and NSMBW come to mind.
Mega Man 5 was too easy. Mainly because the Mega Buster was overpowered and getting Beat made beating Dr. Wily even easier.

You kids are forgetting the Castlevania, Double Dragon and Ninja Gaiden series', as well as Ghosts n Goblins (and its variations), Battletoads, Batman, Bionic Commando, Paperboy, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES.

Then with the SNES, you had even more Castlevania, Ghosts n Goblins, Battletoads and Double Dragon. But you also got games like Zombies Ate My Neighbors, ActRaiser, and Smash TV.

Afterwards, games kinda went on to easy mode (with a few exceptions, like the GameCube port of Ikaruga). Until Contra 4 curb stomped DS owners and Mega Man 9 came along to reintroduce to gamers the learning curb, which replaced the hold your hand tutorials most games have the tradition of doing.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
For me it is NSMBW and Professor Layton 2.I got to world four after letting the Super guide defeat the level 3 Koppaling.