• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Pokémon to Evolve

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Hardest Pokémon to Evolve

What do you think is the hardest Pokemon to evolve up to? My top 5 are:

Hydreigon (Lv. 64? Really? Thanks, Nintendo)

Dragonite (Lv. 55)

Chandelure (Took me forever to find that Dusk Stone)

Hitmontop (Timing Tyrouges stats is harder than it looks)

Any Eevee Evo (Lol, I only thought this because it's just so hard to decide on which one)

Let me know yours!

Darkazure

Gentle Giant
Some of the trade evos if you don't know what your doing.

I did that with my in game bolder and I was upset. being a noob sucked.

Colt45

Cobalt
Oh, **** yeah, trade evolutions. I have no method to trade, therefore no method of getting my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time. Screw you, GF.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i don't have a prob with trade evos, because i have 2 ds', and B1 and 2, so I'm all good

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Volcarona and Hydreigon (it doesn't help that Larvesta, Deino, and Zweilous are all physical-based as opposed to Volcarona and Hydreigon who are special-based, so you essentially have to train them "left-handed," and just to make it worse, Deino and Zweilous both have Hustle which reduces their own accuracy stat) are the hardest to train. Milotic (pre-Gen V, although the difficulty in obtaining a Milotic lay more in actually finding a Feebas than it did in increasing its beauty stat) and Dragonite are tough to train as well.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i would have posted Milotic, but with the new Prism Scale item, I didn't deem it necessary

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I would have to agree with Endolise. The amount of effort it takes to evolve Zwelious and Deino are ridiculous. I have no idea why they thought making it evolve all the way at level 64 was a great idea. Another hard one would be a Magikarp to a Gyarados. Granted it's only level 20 but it you are training from like level 5, let me tell you that, that is no easy feat

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I would have to agree with Endolise. The amount of effort it takes to evolve Zwelious and Deino are ridiculous. I have no idea why they thought making it evolve all the way at level 64 was a great idea. Another hard one would be a Magikarp to a Gyarados. Granted it's only level 20 but it you are training from like level 5, let me tell you that, that is no easy feat
Pretty easy with exp share....or even without. Just do one switchout on a high leveled pokemon.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?

Going off of that logic I have a few...

Growlithe is really hard to evolve -at least for me it was so tedious-. Not really getting the fire stone, but leveling it u to 45 so it can actually get its good moves. You don't have to get it to 45 but that's the recommended level. I would say the same for Pikachu but I find Pikachu a bit easier to train. Growlithe is just so weak and he got kicked around so much. It was hard to use him.

Also Sunkern...not only is it my least favorite Pokemon its got the worst stats...its so hard to level it up.

Other than that not much else. Trading ones were an issue but now that I have 2 3ds's I'm good. The stone ones are a bit harder in later games, just because their pre evo's are usually weak and so hard to train.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hydreigon for sure, trade evolutions because they're inconvenient, and Tyrogue's evolutions because of the specific-stat thing.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Pretty easy with exp share....or even without. Just do one switchout on a high leveled pokemon.

I guess i'm referring more so to the early game play. I also guess "tedious" would be a better term for trying to evolve Magikarp rather than hard.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
agreed. i have Gyarados on my dex very early in the games where near the beginning, you pay 500 for Magikarp (I always get it when i can, then go train real quick)

ECM

Maybe it's because I'm impatient, but for it's any Pokémon that evolves past level 50. Dragonite, Hydreigon, Braviary etc. I love Braviary though, so I felt accomplished when I finally evolved Rufflet.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Braviary, Mandibuzz, and Bisharp all evolve at Lv.50+, but you can find them in the wild at a level close to evolution. otherwise, i would have replaced Chandelure with Bisharp.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i took my pokes to Black City, and the 2 routs on either side of Black City.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Depends on the game. Generally Psuedo Legendaries, Milotic before Black and White, friendship evolutions (this is more because I try and get them done at really low levels).