1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hardest Post-Game Trainers & Battles

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one here says Guzma from Sun and Moon.

Guzma in the Post-Game was one of the toughest battles I have ever had.
    All his Pokémon hit very hard and his Pokémon had really good type coverage, especially his Masquerain who had a super effective move on all my Pokémon!

It really was one of the few battles that really felt hopeless and I actually had to grind.

2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I think it’s because he’s supposed to be the “final boss”, the last true challenge of the game. Of course, you could just fight the Johto Elite 4 over and over, or grind intensively on the high-level Pokemon at Mt. Silver.

88 in the remakes. I’m planning to fight Red when all my guys are level 100, just for an epic final battle. It’d be a perfect end to my Johto journey.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

Really? I thought he was challenging but not nearly-impossible on lower levels. I guess it had to do with your team-build. Personally I thought Guzma's team was pretty well built for bug-types. The only bug-type I thought was kind of "meh" was Scizor because he's pretty much, like Magneton for Electric-Type trainers, a way too common bug-type seen on bug-type trainers.

4. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Rainbow Rocket. Some of them were easier than I thought. But Giovanni? His normal team was hard enough, Mewtwo was a monster that I just barely overcame

5. shoz999

Oh yeah. I honestly kind of forgot about him because his ground-types were pretty easy to take out but Mewtwo was a tad harder. I say a tad because in USUM, my Pokemon were a bit over-leveled, I think almost in the 80 range.

6. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Dome Ace Tucker for the gold symbol in Emerald I'd say. He's not more difficult to reach than the other frontier brains (I think Anabel and Noland are the hardest to reach for gold symbol) but his team is the strongest. Swampert, Latias, and Metagross cover each others weaknesses very well, and they don't share any, and they have some powerful stats both offensively and defensively. And you can only use two of your pokémon. I recall reaching him like 3 times and losing before finally getting that symbol.

7. NovaBrunswick

Guzma wasn’t too hard for me, probably because I had Incineroar. But his Golisopod is a hard hitter, especially if it uses First Impression when it first comes out, which can knock you out in one hit. I fell for this a few times.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

I think Golisopod was a surprise for many who fought Guzma. I recall it knocking out my Alolan Raichu the first time

Dome Ace Tucker's team, both silver and gold, are pretty strong. I personally think he's a great representation of the Gen 3's offensive/defensive slower meta game and the Tactics symbol. Definitely a difficult battle going in blindly too.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  9. NovaBrunswick

That’s because Alolan Raichu is weak to Bug, as it gains the Psychic type. It goes to show you shouldn’t laugh at Bug types even though they have a lot of weaknesses.

shoz999 likes this.
  10. PokeLys

PokeLys Since Red version'98

I remember the first playthrough of Sun and arriving to the E4. I was a bit underleveled at that point as I played without the exp.share for a better challenge (ain't making the same mistake as Y!), and I got properly chewed out by Hala. His team has got an amazing amount of coverage moves and can catch you off guard any turn!

I do enjoy my post-game in just picking up 6 fresh new Pokémon, raising them to lvl50 and entering the E4 again, until I played with every single 'mons available. And sometime the carelessness of that selection gives me a team all-weak to Hala's fighters.... 13 levels above mine.
    With a bit of strategy and luck, I typically never have as much trouble with the three other Alola E4 members than with Hala.

Getting defeated once in a while is kinda refreshing tho, in a game so "easy" :)

11. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Totally agree with you, the Masquerain really blindsided me

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  12. NovaBrunswick

Three of the Alola E4 tripped me up a little in my Sun playthrough, especially Hala and Olivia. Their teams are very sturdy and Bewear can hit very hard, especially if you’re weak to Fighting. Acerola was a little easier as I had Incineroar, but Kahili is no pushover either.

Haven’t played US/UM, so I can’t really say anything about Molayne, who replaces Hala.

13. shoz999

Just the entire Battle Palace. Every single trainer in the Battle Palace. That is truly the only Battle Frontier Facility I know that really forces you to change your tactics almost completely. I know people say they want to see the Battle Frontier remade but the Battle Palace is definitely a facility that needs it's format remade from scratch.