• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest trainer/trainers?

ssilva872

I don't really think anyone.

My team is strong and I fear no in game trainer..

People online are the hard ones.. :(

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Uhm... Okay....

Lance, re battled is hard, as is Karen. ( In a off-topic thing, the level gap in SS/HG is crazy )

I also think that PI Carlos, on the route after Veilstone and on the way to pastoria city is hard in platinum...

He only has a goldeen. Level 30. Except..... It knows horn drill.... Yeah....

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I agree with Thom and Kae.

In Gary's gym, Ace Trainer Salma Uses Slowking and Lickilicky with Trick room. They took out almost 3 of my party members. I greatly dislike Lickilickys.

I second that.

I would say Lance in R2 Mode with his Salamence lv72,Altaria lv73,Dragonite lv75,Garchomp lv72-3, LV68 Gyarados and LV68 Charizard. Man those guys were thought as hell. But Red's Lapras is damn annoying with his Body Slam attack for Paralyzing my Feraligatr but now I beat him with quite ease but I still need some Max Potions and Full Restore with my team now like that: Feraligatr lv90,Ampharos lv80,Espeon lv79,Arcanine lv76,Togetic lv67 and Snorlax lv65. or I would say the Double Battle against Lance & Clair. I did most of the job my rival wasn't much of a help but he once helped a bit to win. He poisoned one of their pokemon.

Last edited:

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
In my first runthrough I only used grass pokemon, and Morty was a nightmare. (Well a dream eater in actuality)
He knew when I was using awakening and immediatly putting back to sleep, and Hypnosis refused to miss! D< I eventually won by battling the trainers up to Lake of Rage to level up Bayleaf, and then got lucky with Parasect and Spore. (Quick claw win)
Otherwise I'd probably still be pulling my hair out and throwing it at him in desperation.

This runthrough I'm training more than 20 pokemon all at once, so i stay underleveled. And my Tediursa, Kangakhan and Croconaw tore through Morty with Faint attack and Bites. And they all left the gym at level 21. zP
Whitney was being a bum this time though, it wasn't the rollout it was the Milk drink spamming, then when it ran out of PP, super potion! DDD=< And Stomp took out more than half of the HP on all of my pokemon.

Gary9021

Well, the only two trainers I've had any difficulty were, were Red and after 16 badges Lance. Lance because I ran out of revives and I barely made it through with my Gyarados. Red was hard, but not if you use a good strategy.
I used Jolteon to paralyze it. Volt Absorb makes all electric moves useless, so Red uses Quick Attack or Iron Tail. (Both do a hell of a lot tho =\). Switches into my Machoke and EQ'd it for the KO. Rest of it, (except for Snorlax >=[ It knocked out Gyarados with Giga Impact and I had to Cross Chop it, then set up my DD's after reviving Gyarados... ugh... ) was just playing to the weaknesses. Gyarados is a beast - DDx3 and Waterfall/Icefang - instant KO on most of his Pokes.
My team was a lv. 60 Typhlosion (Eruption, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Cut), lv. 60 Gyarados (Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Surf, Ice Fang), lv. 58 Crobat (Bite, Air Slash, Fly, Confuse Ray), lv. 59 Machoke (Earthquake, Cross Chop, Strength, Rock Climb) lv. 60 Gengar (Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse) lv.59 Jolteon (Thunder Wave, Thunder, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball)
-obviously my move sets need work xD-
None of them were EV trained either =]

SteveShmo

My grandma's a troll
If your counting 3rd gen, then Wallace. For some stupid reason, I saved just before the fight, just to realise my pokemon were severely under leveled. I tried multiple times and never won.

The first time I ever lost (except for in Blue, but I was five).

Otherwise, Whiteney took hours to beat mainly because my counter for her miltank was a geodude. Too bad she had attract and I was the opposite gender. Enter hax...

I have yet to beat Red, mainly because I was too lazy to level up my pokes. I might try to beat him at a low level though (Oh and I'm not using legendaries to beat him either).

Dattebayo

Banned
In HG:

- Morty: Not even my Togetic's Extrasensory was enough
- Jazz: I was too worried about giving my team the wrong EVs
- Clair: Darn that Kingdra
- Sabrina: This is what I get for not taking her seriously because of her new look

In SS (so far):

- Bugsy: I hate U-Turn now

Kiggz

Team Genesis X
I am lulzing at peoples comments are u serious a hard trainer in the game..... lmao @ everyone and anyone who has had trouble with any trainer in the game.

In HG i beat the game with 1 pokemon typlosion, sweeped all badges and E4 with only him then went on to beat red and i only had to use 2 hyper potions against his blastoise which was the first pokemon in any pokemon game that i did not kill in 1 hit. Every pokemon game I have ever played I beat with 1 starter and just sweeped every pokemon in the game in 1 or occasionally 2 hits. I have never met a trainer a gym leader or a E4 in any pokemon game that has given me trouble. In fact I would even go as far to say as the game sucks and is crappy because its so easy.

The only reason I play is because wifi battles in which u actually need skill and they are very fun. The main part of the game getting badges ect is a joke..... I lulz at anyone who has had trouble with any of the games they are a serious joke. I pray one day they will stop making crappy trainers and actually boost the trainers levels and skills so each given battle is one to remember and is fun* not a easy sweep fest.

Last edited:

GigaPuff

Red is a tough one, and same with the elite four rematches but that's because I only use 1 to 3 pokemon at a time for battles and I ALWAYS box my pokemon that are level 100 unless I need them for a special purpose breeding,battle tower, contest, etc. I was undefeated by NPCs in SoulSilver I used Quilava up until Bugsy where I traded him out for a lv1 (careful natured) Charmander and then used a lv40 Wailmer I traded the Red Gyrados for and beat everyone all the way to Red, and defeated Red with roughly 10 to 11 hours on my game.

Other than that all the battle tower trainers after trainer 48 are all hard.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
I don't think anyone is really hard in 4th Gen. 3rd Gen was more challenging..

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
for me the most challlenging trainers was my rival. I tried to beat HG with only 3 pokemon, so he had a huge advantage

Kiggz

Team Genesis X
IMO red was the only trainer in any of the games who was a challenge, if u wish to call him that because i think he is very easy to beat. Red has been so far the strongest trainer in any of the games and he is still fairly easy. I just do not understand why they make the games so easy , is it because little kids play it also ? Most likely the case.

Sigh i wish there was a difficulty setting and you could choose hard mode or something where the trainers levels were higher. At least then the game would be funner and also easier to level ur pokemon to level 100 instead of fighting the E4 like 21323213 times in a row which is kinda boring.

I wish they would just make the game harder or at least the trainers more difficult.

AWSMsquared

To me, it was Whitney. She was one of two people in the games (ahead of Norman, coincidently, also a Norm Gym leader) to make me want to cry, mostly because of that pucking Miltank.

Bugsy was also difficult for me. That guy I didn't like, and adding U-Turn did not help. Looking back in what I did in Crystal in desparation to beat him is lawl worthy. I trained six Spearows to level 20, and Peck'd the **** outta him.

sabrina- my pokemon couldn't beat her but somehow could beat the other gyms you are supposed to beat after her.
whitney- miltank's milk drink and rollout. nuff said.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
I am lulzing at peoples comments are u serious a hard trainer in the game..... lmao @ everyone and anyone who has had trouble with any trainer in the game.

In HG i beat the game with 1 pokemon typlosion, sweeped all badges and E4 with only him then went on to beat red and i only had to use 2 hyper potions against his blastoise which was the first pokemon in any pokemon game that i did not kill in 1 hit. Every pokemon game I have ever played I beat with 1 starter and just sweeped every pokemon in the game in 1 or occasionally 2 hits. I have never met a trainer a gym leader or a E4 in any pokemon game that has given me trouble. In fact I would even go as far to say as the game sucks and is crappy because its so easy.

The only reason I play is because wifi battles in which u actually need skill and they are very fun. The main part of the game getting badges ect is a joke..... I lulz at anyone who has had trouble with any of the games they are a serious joke. I pray one day they will stop making crappy trainers and actually boost the trainers levels and skills so each given battle is one to remember and is fun* not a easy sweep fest.

Troll? Or just a dumbass?
If you use ANY 1 pokemon the whole game, it's easy. If your fighting someone who has a advantage, I hope to god being 30+ levels makes it easier.

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
There are a few tough trainers in Generation 4. Red would be at the top of my list.
Whitney's Miltank can also be a pain if you come unprepared

Cutty

Forever now
The PI Carlos' level 67 Seaking on Platinum can horndrill w/ good accuracy.
I can't believe it.

And also, yeah, Red.

Last edited: