• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which was the hardest leader?

• Chili/Cilan/Cress

Votes: 218 9.2%
  • Lenora

Votes: 792 33.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 120 5.1%
  • Elesa

Votes: 741 31.3%
  • Clay

Votes: 215 9.1%
  • Skyla

Votes: 71 3.0%
  • Brycen

Votes: 56 2.4%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 429 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar15

OK so I decided to make a poll on who people think was the hardest Unova gym leader and why. For me it was Clay. Krokorok and Palpitoad were easy wins but Excadrill destroyed me twice before I managed to beat Clay. Anyone else had a gym leader who was a pain?

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Lenora's watchog destroyed my team at least eight times before i won (critical his overgrow leaf tornado ftw)

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
Solo'ed Lenora with my Dewott. Was pretty easy imo. Used a xdef or two at the beginning and started building up fury cutters.

First gym on the other hand... Took at least five tries.

Ultimate Glalie

I would say that Cilan/Chili/Cress were the hardest Leaders to beat, mostly because I didn't want to use the gift monkey for the battle. I suppose it would have been quite easy if I had used it, though. Anyway, my vote still goes to them.

Charazemma

lenora (i still want to call her aloe) only one that took more than 1 go. Bug guy was easiest.

cjo

I've only challenged 3 gyms, but the hardest was probably Cilan, he took out 2 of my guys but the monkey saved me.

I don't know why people are saying Lenora was the hardest, I beat her in one go. But maybe it's because I caught a Sawk before trying :)

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
Clay was the hardest for me. I had to reset, because once Excadrill came out, it kept getting crits on everything I had for some reason. I also had no potions. Every other gym leader was fairly easy for me.

Rakurai

Lenora was a pain on my first playthrough of B/W, due to a mix of my Pokemon being somewhat underleveled, as well the AI being smart enough to keep using Retaliate for STAB.

SneaselClaw

Elesa gave me the most trouble out of my 5 gym battles so far. Boldore handled the Emolga twins pretty well, but I had nothing that could deal massive damage to Zebstrika. Leavanny would have done well if it weren't for Flame Charge.... doh!

elorasheppard

I wouldnt say any were easy (except Burgh but his Leavanny was annoying) perhaps because I didnt grind any gyms beforehand like I usually do.

But Iris was the hardest. Just because all my types were not very effective against her. Ended up using my Zeburaikas stomp over and over again til I won.

Icing Sugar

Lenora was the hardest for me. If I hadn't Throh she'd destroyed me xD

eatingleg4peanut

Master Trainer
I just beat gym 7 last night so I cant speak for the 8th gym.

Elesa was by far the hardest and to be honest the only gym that was a challenge(I had no type advantage or super effective moves). Had to use alot of super potions, but had no paralyze heal so that was annoying.

CommanderCarr

Serperior = Awesome!
Chili was a pain in the butt. everytime his hp would get low he would "pickup" an oran berry and be perfectly fine it really pissed me off cuz i couldnt get any training done cuz for some reason the audino thing wasnt working =/

The Opulucid City gym was a pain in my *** too. the gym leader wasnt that bad but all those damn trainers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol

Assassin

Cascade Trainer
I can't honestly say I remember any of them giving me too much trouble. Probably Iris, just because I was a smidge underleveled at the time.

Zephyrr

after clearing all 8 across 4 saves, and using all three starters. the only gym leader i found consistently hard was elesa, electric to sort out oshawatt, and flying for snivy/tepig. as well as flame charge on the zebra.
the first gym is made trivial by the gift monkey
the second by the lvl 17+ throh/sawk in the nearby grass
the third can be a pain for water/grass starter. but bad movepools and low stats on his pokemon make him ok
fourth is a pain, as stated
fifth is fairly 'meh' never fought him and come out thinking he was exceptionally hard, or easy
sixth was a pain with snivy, but trivial with tepig (and rollout), or slash with oshawott
seventh was a pain with snivy (again) but fairly 'meh' with osha, trivial with tepig
i always had a haxorus in my team by the time i got to the eigth gym, so was very trivial too.

the only recurring theme was how snivy has not one gym where he is super effective against all pokemon (he's weak to 5 or 6 out of 8)
while tepig is strong vs 5 or 6 with the right moveset.

this surprised me, as they normally give the grass starter the type advantage to make up for the less then impressive movepool and stats

Status
Not open for further replies.