• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which was the hardest leader?

• Chili/Cilan/Cress

Votes: 218 9.2%
  • Lenora

Votes: 792 33.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 120 5.1%
  • Elesa

Votes: 741 31.3%
  • Clay

Votes: 215 9.1%
  • Skyla

Votes: 71 3.0%
  • Brycen

Votes: 56 2.4%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 429 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I've only done 5 gyms so far.

Cilan-Was rather easy for me.
Lenora-Easy one again.
Burgh-Easy.
Elesa-Easy.
Clay-Easy.

But for the most part my Pokemon were much higher leveled them theirs.

EDIT: So I don't really know who was the hardest so far, I guess maybe Burgh.

AmpharosFanatic

Elesa's the Electric gym right? She was REALLY tough. I was using my Pignite's fighting moves in that gym, but her blasted flying electric type destroyed me, so I got in a slug match with her using my Zebstrika. The battle took FOREVER!!!!

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Krokorok was very helpful against Elesa, being immune to Electric attacks made her pretty much useless. Krokorok basically took out each Pokemon with one or two hits. I've seen Lenora and Elesa being mentioned by people to be really tough, too bad for those two they didn't get a chance to show their battling style against me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went with Lenora. Her Herdier is pretty difficult to take down and then she has that Watchog with all sorts of tough moves. I forget exactly how I ended up defeating her in the Japanese games, but I recall losing several Pokemon to her Watchog. Lenora is like Generation 5's Whitney :x

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
My hardest battle was the first one, I did defeat Cress in my first battle with him but he took out almost all my Pokemon. Not wanting to win like that I reset the game and went training like crazy. Lenora I suppose places second as hardest due in part of her actually knocking out my Musharna Cait-Sith ;_;

The one that gave me some worry was Elesa. She kept paralyzing all my Pokemon but we pulled through without a hitch. :) Same can be said for Brycen, he worried me but we were able to pull through. Not sure about the last gym leader Iris though, haven't gotten to her yet. Well here's hoping it will go well.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I'm battling Clay now, it's going okay. Not as easy as the others though.

The only gym I had to reset for was Elesa. Just because I did not have my Exadrill then.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
My goodness Elesa was annoying in my JP white. Even with a set of crown beasts and the movie Celebi, she was still a pain. In my US copy, I didn't take any chances, (Disobedient Lv100 Reshiram FTW!).

If anyone asks, I rushed my US copy straight to Kyurem (took 10hrs 52mins), as we all know I'm trying to SR for a shiny one and I want to get it done ASAPP.
ASAPP = As soon as physically possible

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
For me, it was Elesa and her two Emolgas. >>
Even with a Krokorok, it still took me 3 tries to beat her.

Satski

Beastly Froslass
Lenora took forever for me to finally beat! Herdier was cake, but her Watchdog throttled me time and time again. I think I finally beat her on my fifth try. Elesa took three tries , so she was the second hardest for me. All the others were cake!

NANA26

i only had a problem with dento, but the other gyms were easy

i went through the first two gyms with the water starter, then i got darmantion(baby) and used him on the 3rd gym, no one of the bugs stood a chance. all the gyms have been easy because of him. I'm on skyla gym now, and I know I will have no problem with the 8th gym since it's ice. I also picked me up a litwick and im leveling it up. I will also pick up a pokemon off of victory road. i work better with only 4 pokemons.

Azalraku

Lenora, hands down. First, I love that she's a normal user. not many players or gym leaders go with that type. The AI played like a champ versus my team. I retired twice before accepting my placement. I won in the end, but I'd lost 4 guys each time through. Can you really say you won when the leader takes on a team of 6 with just 2? That's just impressive.

Especially considering how the game holds your hand through the first gym, with just giving you a free poke to trump your starter's weaknesses. Seriously, not even a haphazard trade for a low-level patrat or something? geez. Of course, I do like how in doing that, the game makes players focus more on all the types, rather than leveling up 2-3 ubers through story mode.

I'm not the kind of guy that sits outside town spending 5 hours power leveling my starter, and I despise using things like dire hit or X defend so early in the game, (though i love that my lilipup is picking up full heals every 5 minutes). No, I'm the kind of guy who is kleptomaniacal enough to grab every friggin poke i come across, level them up to current par, and get them all ready for my hardcore breeding sessions.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Elesa.
The Set Up: It's an electric gym, but don't worry we'll give you the tm for dig and a good ground type before hand, it's just too bad her first two pokemon are immune to ground moves.
Static, constant switching and her overpowered Zebra made it annoying if you weren't overleveled.

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
I'm surprised at how many people had trouble with Elesa. I swept her with my Zebstrika. Motor Drive prevents her Volt Switch spam and gives Zebstrika speed, and Electric does neutral damage to her Emolga. Then, I Flame Charged her Zebstrika, giving me the win.

abraxas

Words.
Man, Lenora gave me a run for my money with her evil Watchog. It refused to take a hit, it kept me asleep, it stole the souls of my Pokemon. It was rough. =(

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
Elesa was pretty easy for me; used Sandile with Rock Tomb then dug her zebra; three shots, three kills. Wasn't even overleveled. Lenora beat me once. I just wasn't ready. *shakes head*

Nebbio

NINJA!
I like Clay because his town has awesome music.:)

Aegon

The hardest for me has been Cilan, but Elesa was an absolutely pain with Volt Switch. I've yet to challenge the last four Gym Leaders. Lenora wasn't too difficult for me (the same can't be said for my brother), and Burgh was pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.