• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which was the hardest leader?

• Chili/Cilan/Cress

Votes: 218 9.2%
  • Lenora

Votes: 792 33.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 120 5.1%
  • Elesa

Votes: 741 31.3%
  • Clay

Votes: 215 9.1%
  • Skyla

Votes: 71 3.0%
  • Brycen

Votes: 56 2.4%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 429 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paddylad

paddymon
I found Lenora the most difficult. STAB Takedown? OUCH.

I had a Timburr and I still had difficulty.

Clay was a bit underwhelming. The flying gym was a let down (seriously, not a good type for a gym).

Iris would have been beastly had it not been for my Fraxure dragon dancing her to oblivion. I reckon I would have had to have trained Cryogenal or Beartic to take her down otherwise.

Elesa, but that's because I just wanted to defeat her with my Dewott :p
Lenora's definitely second.

Raikaria

You will obey!
1s Gym: Use your monkey
2nd Gym: Use the Fighting-types
3rd Gym: Use a Tranquil
4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest
5th Gym: Use Lilligant. Destroys this gym. Maractus can do so too.
6th Gym: You know chargestone Cave? Everything there takes this Gym like a cake.
7th Gym: LOL, why is every eldery male who houses an Ice-typed 7th Gym easy?
8th Gym: Klang or Ecaviler work wonders, as does your own Haxouros. Iris/Drayden AI fail anyway... too many DDs, not to mention their movesets.

smartie

For me Elesa was the hardest, but that was mainly because I had to do all of it with Medusa, my Snivy. Tranquill and Panpour just got auto-killed by her electric moves and timburr got killed, not sure why.

Palkia98

Elesa, took me at least 20 tries until i could win

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
Cilan was easy - Pansear on lv 15 really helped.
Lenora was challenging - if I didn't have Throh and Timburr, I would of had to reset about 4 times...
Burgh was easy as I had Victini :)
Elesa was difficult.
Clay was easy - Levanny, Dewott, Deerling and Vanillite were extremely capable.
Skyla was mediocre.
Brycen was easy with the pokemon I had.
Iris was alright - Blizzard helped loads.

Gameboy69

I can honestly say I never lost a single Gym Leader battle in Pokemon Black. I found them all surprisingly easy.

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
Burgh. My team was Dewott, Herdier, Petilil and Sandile at the time, which meant that three of my four Pokemon were weak against Leavanny, who always seemed to get a critical hit with Razor Leaf. It was a bit easier when I started with Dewott against Whirlipede instead of Sandile, but still. Never have Bug-types been so annoying. D:<

Elesa was really hard. My Pokemon had nothing that was effective against her Emolga's which is what made all the difference. I could have done with Rock Slide or something.

Araleon

Chill
Cilan was hard! I lost to him the first time I challenged him. He got in a few Work Ups, and right as Timon (my Patrat) was going to defeat it, Cilan healed it.

I knew I was screwed.

So, I lost to Work Up-Vine Whips.

The second time, I stalled Pansage with Nala (my Oshawott, now a Dewott) and he never got to use Work Up. He used Vine Whip until she fainted, and by that time he was on yellow HP, so when Timon came out it was easy.

That's the only gym I've challenged so far...

Foreseeable trouble causing Gyms:

-Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...

Other than that, my team should be able to handle the other Gyms. I'm thinking Lenora will be fun, not too hard. I'll have a Vanilluxe and Druddigon for Iris. So, yeah. I think Cilan and Elesa will wind up being my two picks when I vote.

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
Well, when I played the japanese version, i had my pokemon at like, level 30 for the first gym.
I had no idea about Panpour. XD

But now, in teh english version, 2nd gym.
She destroyed me several times DX
Then I got a Timburr and named it Chuck.
You know what it's named after.
Pft.

~Tamaku~

Aesir

Breeder
The only Gym Leader I had any real issue with was Cress, since I wasn't able to level up very well before that gym

Kylesico912

Elesa.
First battle she destroyed my entire team with volt-switch and acrobatics.
second battle is the same but nearly one because of a bad move.
third battle so close. same result
forth finally one with luck.
Lenora took me 3 times compaired to her one but at that time I only had a Purrloin, Dewott and Pidove.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I really didn't gind any of the gym leaders themselves hard at all. I felt this time round the game was balanced enough to make each leader just as easy as the last, with the right kind of pokemone by your side.

I guess in that case it comes down to gyms, with would make Elesa 's the hardest due to my team not being the greastest against Electrics at that point, especially against a certain flying squirrel. Also having to defeat EVERY trainer in Drayden's without a chance to heal nearly took me out, with just 17 HP on my final pokemone before I was able to heal for the final battle.

Icing Sugar

4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest

-Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...
You can beat her pretty easily with a ground type with rock type moves, like sandile's evo or excadrill. Anyway I ended up beating her with darumakka instead of krokorok xD

blackness777

Well, I guess I was smart to catch a Vanillite at Cold Storage and a Litwick at the Tower, because my Vanillish DEMOLISHED Skyla and the Drayden in one try each. Litwick also killed Brycen's pokemon with pretty much one fire move.

Other than that, Lenora gave me the most trouble because I had no fighting type pokemon/moves, and I think I tried 7 times before I looked in my Strategy Guide to get the TM from the battle girl.

P.S. Don't use Munna when fighting a Patrat/Watchog. Ever.
P.S.S. Lucky Eggs are the best invention ever imo.

Last edited:

BlackMagic

Black Trainer
I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?

Lenora was the hardest so far, even though she wasn't THAT hard to beat. She was just a pain in the butt. Her Herdier took out Blitzle and Pansage in one hit each, leaving my Pignite to demolish her, wiiith the help of a few Super Potions.

M0TTO

Shiny Hunter
I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?

From what I can see, she's difficult to beat if you have nothing to stop Emolga from Volt Switching. You shouldn't have a problem if your Blitzle has Motor Drive, just make sure you have something to handle her Zebstrika. My Blitzle is definitely is the reason why that gym was so simple for me.

RICH

i think elesa was the worst because ground moves couldnt hit 2/3 of her team and i didnt have a rock type

Status
Not open for further replies.