• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which was the hardest leader?

• Chili/Cilan/Cress

Votes: 218 9.2%
  • Lenora

Votes: 792 33.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 120 5.1%
  • Elesa

Votes: 741 31.3%
  • Clay

Votes: 215 9.1%
  • Skyla

Votes: 71 3.0%
  • Brycen

Votes: 56 2.4%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 429 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittykitty1

Skitty Master
I'd say probably either Lenora or Clay. Even though I did pick the grass starter, Clay's last pokemon really gave me trouble. As for Lenora's normal types... they're such a pain. :K

MajinYoshi

Dragon Master
It got really annoying having to catch and train a pidove just to beat the first gym leader! It got me thinking how hard the rest would be, but they were quite easy.

Dattebayo

Banned
Lenora was by far the hardest even with Pignite. I guess this is what we get for discriminating African Americans long ago. I was expecting Drayden to be much harder even with Druddigen, but it turns out he was easy to beat, and my Seisimtoad polverized Haxorus thanks to spamming Bulldoze.

Zigzagoon_Fan

I don't remember which one was hardest for me since I always save before challenging the leader and then shut the DS off if I'm almost out of my Pokemon. I think the dragon gym might have given me the hardest trouble cause I didn't have my Ice Pokemon leveled at the time and it wasn't in use. I change my strategy or I go level up some more if I have trouble and then I challenge w/o losing (cause I shut off if I almost lose). lenora may have given me trouble too

Firebird101

Chili was hard for me too

gandaf

I never found any of them extremely hard...but the only one i lost too was clay...and i beat him on the second try. The leaders arn't too bad if you fight every trainer (and no wild). I can gaurntee i didnt even have the best team.

Chili-Snivy and a Patrat that disappered right after
Lenora-Audino and Swak(also disappered) But my Audino was main.
Burgh-Panpour and Whilipede
Elesa-Emolga, Servine, Gothita
Clay-Gothita, Servine, Either Whilipede or Scolipede (don't remember which)
Skyla-Emolga, Scolipede, Panpour
Brycen-Serperior(Coil FTW), Panpour, Audino, Gothorita
Drayden-Serperior, Simipour, Audino, Scolipede, Gothitelle, Emolga (my final team)

I don't like to use on guy more than once in a gym....other wise some wouldn't have took as much. Plus, Coil wipes amolst anything at max use. Megahorn and Siliverpowder helped too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It got really annoying having to catch and train a pidove just to beat the first gym leader! It got me thinking how hard the rest would be, but they were quite easy.

How did you manage that? Pidove aren't available until after you've obtained the first Unova badge :s

Lenora was by far the hardest even with Pignite. I guess this is what we get for discriminating African Americans long ago. I was expecting Drayden to be much harder even with Druddigen, but it turns out he was easy to beat, and my Seisimtoad polverized Haxorus thanks to spamming Bulldoze.

Lenora is strong because African Americans were discriminated against? Wow that's something to think about.

Anyway, I just remembered that Brycen is quite a challenge in his own right. I think the thing I dislike about his team is that it's composed of pure Ice-type Pokemon. Pryce from Johto and Candice from Sinnoh both specialized in Ice-type Pokemon as well but they had several dual-type Pokemon on their teams, which made battling them much easier. But here we have Brycen and his ice cream cone, his snowflake, and his bipolar bear and they're all pure Ice-types. FML.

VictoriousVictini

Victory League Owner
Mostly Iris.......:/
She Was ANNOYING.

I only had a little trouble with the electric gym because I never pick up a ground type to use during the game. Other than that, everything else was pretty easy.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I only had a little trouble with the electric gym because I never pick up a ground type to use during the game. Other than that, everything else was pretty easy.

Wouldn't have helped too much, ground is uneffective against her 2 Emolga, and they spamed Double Team and Aerial Ace instead.

TheTruth

None of them were particularly hard, but the only one I had to reset on was Lenora. After two tries, I just went and caught a Timburr and crushed her.

coolminun

Banned
Definitely Cilan and Chilli. I wanted both Oshawott and tsutarja for my journey, so I started with tsutarja first then traded to a friend to hold then started with osha. Chilli beat me 3 times. Damn pan sear burnt my oran berries and killed me with work up. Eventually I won because me and the puppy had a work up/growth battle and I smashed him a grass mixer.(This was without water monkey) Cilan beat my osha once, but I got him later

darklazerman

Yeah, I believe you.
I would have to say the trio gym leaders. The only one I lost to(made me train my snivy to 16/17). The rest I was a few levels higher.

PowerPikachu

I was underlevel the whole game, but none gave me trouble exept for chili and drayden, who both took 2 tries to beat. First time for chili, didnt hav monkey.

Gallantry

I don't think the 1 gym is the hardest when you get a free monkey from Dreamyard

Status
Not open for further replies.