• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which was the hardest leader?

• Chili/Cilan/Cress

Votes: 218 9.2%
  • Lenora

Votes: 792 33.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 120 5.1%
  • Elesa

Votes: 741 31.3%
  • Clay

Votes: 215 9.1%
  • Skyla

Votes: 71 3.0%
  • Brycen

Votes: 56 2.4%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 429 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I never really found any of them that hard, but I will admit to being guilty of massive over preperation. I went into most gyms with a two or three level advantage...so that might have helped.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I didn't really find any of them to be challenging, but if I had to choose I would probably say Iris. Just because I didn't have any SE moves against her pokemon. However I found Elesa to be extremely annoying because of her Volt Switch abuse. I felt it was even worse in B2/W2 she was constantly using Volt Switch multiple times in a row. She's no Gym Leader she's a Noob!

Pippi

Cool
Lenora, mostly because I just didn't have any fast Fighting types at that point in the game to dispatch that Watchog before it used Retaliate. Elesa was a pain in the neck, too, but I wouldn't say that she was hard to beat, though...

PokemonTrainerKaden

Burgh was the only one I had to battle a second time.

ysmr97

I thnk they were all relatively easy. If anything, the most challenging was Elesa.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I agree that Unova had a relatively easy array of gym leaders. Probably due to the Audino allowing me to easily stay on-par with their levels, I also never found much challenge.

For me, if I had to choose the hardest, though, the answer is Clay. That Excadrill is very efficient at giving my team a hard time, probably due to the fact that I rarely have a water type by that point (I've actually never started with Oshawott), and the only Fire or Fighting type I usually have is my most common starter choice Emboar, who is easily outsped and Earthquaked by that thing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Iris and Drayden. Not enough Ice types to murder them with and those Pokemon they had... they were just... so annoying...

Lunar1008

Iris/Drayden took me forever to beat second time playing through...I had to go catch an ice Pokémon before I could beat Iris. Brycen was definitely the easiest gym leader for me to beat.

shadorai

wandering trainer
elesa gave me quite a bit of trouble, volt switch was really quite troublesome.

ashiemore

Lenora. I lost 4 times before I found a Throh in Pinwheel forest and beat her easily.

~ashiemore

Volitide

Metempsychosis
Elesa was hardest for me. Those fast Pokemon with Volt Switch made it hard to score a super effective hit.

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
Lenora and Elesa! That Watchog and Emolga! They haunt me!
Um but since i can only vote for one, i would say Lenora since that Watchog kept destroying my team. It's good that i had good old pignite with me or it would not end goood! Sawk and throrh (i cant spell his name) work too.

MW1020

I found Elesa pretty easy. (Mostly because I used Palpitoad with potion-spamming) I think the hardest was Drayden/Iris was the hardest because the only pokemon I had that managed to kill Haxorus was Zororark in Black 2. I don't even know how I won in the original one!

telivisionhead

I struggled with Burgh the most. That darn Leavanny! It always KOed my Oshawott with Razor Blade. ;^; (And, no, I didn't have a Pansear.)

By now Oshawott would be evolved unless u were doing a solo run or hit me with your best shot challenge and not using the Pansear or evolving Oshawott.

For me... ELESA. Yup I chose with oshawott and none of my pokemon had a rock type move. Darn. Since I wasnt using anything else and I slipped into the "under leveled" pokemon zone I had to evolve dewott (level 20 at that time) into a samurott in hours or a day or 2 leveling up 16 levels.

Dunno why Lenora was hard for some people. On another playthrough with over leveled untraded pokemon I used Oshawott and Tranquiel for the lenora battle. I just hated retaliate from Watchog. Was that the thing that messed up peoples pokemon? Then again I don't like watchogs to battle. And hypnosise is annoying...

The title is extremely misleading to me. I voted Burgh for that reason.

Seriously though, for me the hardest was....Clay. My team was weak to Excadrill. EQ, Rockslide was too much for my team.

⊙ᴗ⊙
Elesa. At the time, I only had Dewott and Pansage. Both of which I had to train extensively and evolve (much earlier than I had hoped in Pansage's case), in order to beat her. Simisage was able to take out Zebstrika and one of the Emolga's before falling to an aerial ace crit from the other. Samurott was luckily able to finish it off. Overall, it was still an extremely painful battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.