1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Harley Rides Again! (437)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Munchlax's Battle Debut! Harley & Taking the Game Seriously!

On their travels, Ash & Co. go to Modama Town where a Pokémon Contest is taking place. May is eager to win her 3rd Kanto Ribbon, however things start to get tense when she discovers her rival, Harley is taking part in this contest with his Ariados & Octillery. Will May be able to defeat Harley or will she suffer her first Kanto loss?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

I can confirm that May lost this contest, if you wish to fully discuss the ramifications and your feelings about this loss while being unrelated to the episode, please do it elsewhere

3. Medea

Medea Excalibur

So I guess it's true that Harley has Octillery and...

HARLEY FINALLY WON! All I want to know is how May will act after she loses. I mean, if she's going to be such a you-know-what like when she lost to Savanna.

4. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Can you confirm which attacks were used?

If not... get outta here.

5. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

Knew she'd lose. Well done Harley, he deserved a win. So the next Contest episode soon she'll probably get the ribon she lost here (not the exact same one)

6. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Oh happy day. Harley got a win and Octillery got to make up for the sins of those who came before it. I wonder if Metronome went all wrong and Munchlax paid for it dearly.

Still, TBA is happy. Now all we need is the Steelers to win this weekend.

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

This is all I needed to know about the episode, the rest is irrelevant. Thank you Battle Frontier writers for getting this saga out of the slump it started in.

8. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Irrelevant? How about how it fought? The attacks used? The outcome of how it kicked some ass?

Oh sure, I agree with that about the surrounding plot, but not the battle itself!

9. SuperSonic

SuperSonic Well-Known Member

I hoped Munchlax proved itself though.

10. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

Ohhh yeah! I have mad prediction skillz. This sounds like a great episode. I wonder if May losing is going to affect her attitude for the next contest? It could really shake her confidence.

11. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

Why is everybody so excited about May losing? At the end of the days all this does is extend the time it's going to take for the group to make their way through Kanto as May will now have to enter an extra content in order to obtain five ribbons.

12. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

We're pleased because it would be unrealistic for May to win every contest, we'd rather see extra contests in the BF than extra fillers, and this way Harley gets some credibility as a villain again.

13. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Quite simply, because the majority wanted to see Harley take the win (Curse you Jo-Jo!). And to a lesser extent, to see Munchlax get its ass kicked to curb. But we shouldn't name names, ne? ;P
    Besides, its hardly like the Frontier is moving at a snails pace at the moment.

I just want to know what Harley does after he defeats Haruka. Hopefully something along the lines of rubbing more than a tea-spoon of salt in the wound, old skool [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]

14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Agreed, Contests are ever so grand. More contests means less filler too.

We went to 8 Gyms in Hoenn and 8 Contests in Hoenn. We're going to 7 Brains in Kanto, does that mean we'll have 7 contests? If so, May will have to lose another one down the road.

15. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

Wha -? What did I do? :p

16. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

You beat me to it, AND with an infinitely better explanation! :p

17. GreenKirby

GreenKirby GreenKirby

So did Harley really win? Any conformation?

18. taitofan

taitofan Stalker!

Yes, lots of confirmation. Everyone at Japanese forums are talking about it. And they're just as happy as we are. ^.^ Booyah for Harley!

And since no one's mentioned it... Haruka gets a rose and a letter from Shuu somehow. Dunno how, as I couldn't translate well enough to say for sure. Looks like she won't be as depressed as I'd hoped... >.> Perhaps it's an invitation to the next contest?

19. GreenKirby

GreenKirby GreenKirby

Awesome!!!! The writers are finally being truely awesome just like they were before. Now I'm eternally happy. It's great that Harley finally gets revenge on May.

20. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

All piss. I want to see her cry enough tears to fill Lake Erie. Not mention Harley go crazy for finally sticking it to her (though we'll get that part anyhow). Blasted Drew. *Locks Drew in a meat freezer.*