• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harley Rides Again! (437)

PamperedPersian1

I also liked the part where they're staring each other down and May turns into Munchlax and Harley turns into Ariados! Though that powder my nose line is gold!

GDE

Palette Professor
I was so happy when harley won, harley is da bomb XP

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Woo, a win for Harley 8D I'm so happy for him ^_^ It's about time he won against May.

Is it just me, or was there a moment where it looked like Brock was checking out Harley's butt? o.o

Harley's appeal was so creepy. I loved it <3

I loved that bit with Harley & May in Ariados and Munchlax costumes, respectively. And when May got that letter with the rose attatched... EEEE!! More proof for Contestshippers everywhere ^-^

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Bleh I still hate that Harley guy. I got real tired of him way before this. But him in that Ariados costume was priceless.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved to see Harley finaly beats May in a contest.
And Octillery's moves were great, i loved to see them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Octillery was amazing. I mean, using a Fire type attack in battle? Genius. Harley taught it well.

I'm glad lost. She was on a winning streak so I wanted to see her get knocked down a peg.

Contests are such a great was to show the full extent of a rivalry. 9/10

Maylax and Harleyados!
Best part ever!

After reading all these posts, am I the only one that actually found Munchlax flexing all the time kind of cute after a while?

And, wow! could they make Harley any more gayer? Not that it's a bad thing!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I have to say it was nice to see Harley beat May for the first time.....

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. Harley wasn't up to no good this time around. It was cool to see an Octillery for the 1st time in awhile. It was interesting to see Harley finally win a contest. The Munchlax vs Octillery battle was very cool. Harley definitely exploited May's flaws in her strategy for the battle. It was tough to see Munchlax lose the first contest battle it was in. Squirtle's performance in the Appeal Round was really cool.

78/100

Vernikova

Champion
Hey, Harley actually got a win. I suppose that they had to extend May's contest run some how I suppose.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I quite enjoyed this episode. I find it quite nostalgic because this is actually the first episode i saw in japanese way before the dub was even done of this series. I believe season 8 dub was still airing at the time from memory.

However I don't have access to the japanese version anymore when it comes to this season.

The english I realise loses a bit of impact due to some of the dub music but you know what? That doesn't bother me anymore. So I actually enjoyed the dub quite alot.

I loved the facial expressions and the way harley and May interacted with one another. It was funny.

I also enjoyed the battle and performance round. Squirtle and Munchlax were brilliant.

I really like this episode.^-^

It really gave me good memories. I remember I use to have a still image of pikachu doing that little dance in my sig. I love those scenes in both dub and japanese.=3

I remember that scene so well since it was a first in a long time where i thought pikachu was cute. The last time back then was as far back as Johto.

Last edited:
Here's the thing: 4Kids started over gay-ifying James in AG (Eric Stuart, I love your voices man, but even I gotta admit you were losing it as James a bit-- still I would take Eric's AG James over Ted and Jimmy any day but besides the point), but apparently TPCi started over gay-ifying Harley.

That being said Bill Timoney is easily one of the better TPCi VAs to me. He did a fairly passable impression of Andrew Rannells.

"May and her brood of boy toys."

Woah...back up...TPCi wrote something...CREATIVE? THAT ISN'T AN ALLITERATION OR A ZOPPI-LOGUE. PINCH ME: I MUST BE DREAMING!

JK. But really, the dub is lacking SO much creativity these days. We need lines like this to spruce things up, please. :D

Michele's May was her usual sexy high-pitched self (when she yells, she sounds kinda hot in a wrong way to me = xD), Sarah's Ash was his usual gloomy, brooding, and deep self, etc.

All in all, a good one for Season 9 more due to the writing than the voices.

Ash and Max, R.I.P. your voices. *Salutes*

Dub: 76/100

Harley has gotta be the worst character ever. At least his voice isn't as annoying as it was before. Decent episode though.

Eh, I disagree. Andy wasn't an angelic voice, but he was a lot less annoying than Bill's far more catty and more gay-like Harley voice.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
This episode was funny in my opinion. Harley and May's facial expressions were funny, Nice to see Harley beating May for the first time in a Pokémon contest. Also, it was hilarious when May said " Gotta go powder my nose ".

Last edited:
Shame that May lost, but having main characters lose from time to time like this keeps them realistic and less one dimensional in their chosen fields.