• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harley Rides Again! (437)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
My guess: It charged up using Focus Energy, hence the green glow. Then it finished off Munchlax with a Hyper Beam. I don't see what other combination it could have been.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Sushi said:
Harley

Octillery:
- Constrict
- Octazooka
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

And Munchlax' Metronome-attack turned out to be Thunder.
Looks like they changed an attack YET AGAIN. Now Rest has a funky green glow akin to Protect.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Well...color me surprised and tickle me shocked.

Heracross

Custom User Title
V Faction said:
Looks like they changed an attack YET AGAIN. Now Rest has a funky green glow akin to Protect.
I'm really getting sick of the animators' mindset that every move or technique needs to glow for no apparent reason. Bleh, I suppose I should just be happy that they've been laying off the crappy CG effects recently. -_-;

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
I'm really getting sick of the animators' mindset that every move or technique needs to glow for no apparent reason. Bleh, I suppose I should just be happy that they've been laying off the crappy CG effects recently. -_-;
I'm with you 75% of the way.

I like a glow or a charge or an aura if the attack needs something to differentiate it from the next. For an excellent case look at all the punches. Mega Punch, Dyamicpunch, and Focus Punch may as well be the same thing. The color change is the only diversity given. Some punches, like Dizzy and Comet, have to have enough more tweaks.

I also feel that if an attack is hard to visualize, a glow doesn't hurt. Now when I see Helping Hand and Aerial Ace strut their stuff, I can recognize the strut.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I agree with you there, but with stuff like crabhammer and take down it's just dumb. And I'm fairly certain most people can tell when a pokémon is resting. :/ They just make things glow for the hell of it.

Squirtle_007

PDL said:
alright! this is great :)

May's luck streak's finally over!

Luck streak?, let´s see

Vs. Shuu: She lost with her Beautifly
Vs. Grace: She won with Beautifly but it has type advantage and was a great fight
Vs. Kimimaro: Lucky contest # 1
Vs. Tsukiko: She lost with Bulbasaur
Vs. Kanata: Combusken is an awesome Pokémon
Vs. Him: Even with that sissy cheat, Bulbasaur won fair
Vs. Eriko & Toshiki: Lucky contest # 2
Grand Festival: She lost
Vs. Him ... again: Some people will call it "cheap battle" I call it "taking advantage from a malfunction" because Ice Beam wasn´t a random attack like Assist
Vs. Obata: Combusken had the type advantage

And now Haruka gave a pity ribbon to ... him
2 separated contests make a "luck streak"?
I don´t think so

Heracross

Custom User Title
Squirtle_007 said:
I don´t think so
1 victory for her rival make a "pity ribbon"?
I don´t think so

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Squirtle_007 said:
Luck streak?, let´s see

Vs. Grace: She won with Beautifly but it has type advantage and was a great fight
Vs. Him ... again: Some people will call it "cheap battle" I call it "taking advantage from a malfunction" because Ice Beam wasn´t a random attack like Assist

I don´t think so

Although you are extremely biased I partly agree. The main reason that people are saying May is on a luck streak is because of that one match against Harley with her Squirtle and so everyone is basing it on that. It's like Grovyle's 'losing streak' based around its loss to Luvdisc, or the fact that Ash 'releases all of his Pokemon' because he did that a few times in the Kanto region, once in the Orange Islands, then after that (if you don't count giving Beedrill to Casey) never doing it again even though people still accuse him of it.

Although Harley's victory was a bit overdue, so good for him to finally beat May.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Squirtle_007 said:
Luck streak?, let´s see

She should have never gotten to the second round.
I hate contests with a pashion but can tell you type advantage doesn't mean squat. However, it was a great fight and May truly deserved it.
Agreed.
If only she learned something from it.
Kelly was too stupid to not clamp that overgrown dodo's mouth shut. Though that's more incompetance on the part of the opponent that luck.
*Blows a whistle, throwing a yellow flag onto the field, and runs up in a football referee uniform* Ash interference. #1 on the offense. Five yard penalty. Remains third down.
Skitty should have been puppy chow.
After getting a cheap lucky win against Harley.
Ice Beam came out of nowhere, making Snorunt look like a grade A retard in comparison. Then it some how freezes all the webs despite not touching them. It was total luck and totally cheap. And Ice Beam does not have an advantage against Bug/Poison.
Venusaur caved first.
I don´t think so
May lost because she was stupid and thought she could win on luck. Harley learned this glaring weakness and used it to his advatage. That's why in the end, Harley is the better coordinator.

Last edited:

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Squirtle_007 said:
I don´t think so

Pity win? She got crushed by a person who commanded his pokemon better than she did. She shouldn't have relied on charge moves and metronome. She battled stupid and her loss was understandable. I mean, remember when Octillery used rest? It seems like she wouldn't have even been attacking it if Ash didn't yell out

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
This episode was pretty good although TR was extremely pointless and rather annoying after their first scene.

At the beggining May and Harley trash talked also I think Harley though her Eevee was cute unless I misunderstood the pic. There was some funny TR/Harley interaction at the beggining. Squirtle did a cool looking appeal. Harley did as well but, when he was done wobbufet came crashing from the middle of nowhere. Then there was a juggling machamp. There was two pointless scenes of watching TR get blasted off by Pikachu. Which couldve been extra time spent in Munchlax battling Politoed or Octillery vs. his opponent. I thought Munchlax was excellent the commander was not so good during Harley's battle. Actually everytime they talked it seemed May was being too overconfident. Im glad the writers finally used the fact that solarbeam takes a tiny bit to charge to the opponent's advantage. Since Octillery got an attack through to stop Munchlax from executing the attack. They also brought up that she shouldnt of used metronome so much. Although a cool looking will o wisp was used by munchlax via metronome. In the end Harley didnt rub it in but, he did the oh so cliche behind the wall thing. I actually felt sorry for Munchlax being upset because it lost. Then May recieved a letter about another contest and with the letter/map came a rose so we know it was Drew who sent the letter. Anyway there was quite a few worthy avatars of Harley and possibly one for Munchlax.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Wow. This episode... had a LOT of older humor. Violence, paper fans, random stuff... Crap, this episode felt like an oldie! For sure they need to keep up this kind of high production value.

I'm getting sick of seeing some certain Pokemon... Rhyhorn and Rhydon; Furret; Machamp; any small, cutesy Pokemon; SUNFLORA.

Politoed vs. Munchlax: As quick as it was, that battle was a thrill. OHKO from Solarbeam on a Water Pokemon finally makes it more genuine.

Octillery vs Munchlax: Simple in terms of attacks and strategies. Nothing outrageous or convenient (like a certain Ice Beam). Constrict actually constricted Munchlax. Focus Punch was forced to lose its focus. Solarbeam had power up time!

Metronome scoring Thunder I'll let slide. It did allow for that spectacular Rest scenario. Capitalizing on the Pokemon's vulnerability... that was exploited in the Battle Arena episode, wasn't it? Mighty entertaining.

Just what was that physical attack Munchlax was using on Octillery? It appeared to be either Headbutt or Tackle.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
Think he was using headbutt since tackle uses more of the shoulder and he was using his head the couple times he used his physical attacks.