• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harley Rides Again! (437)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Wow. This episode... had a LOT of older humor. Violence, paper fans, random stuff... Crap, this episode felt like an oldie! For sure they need to keep up this kind of high production value.
yep. I thought Harley had quite a few funny scenes as well.
Just what was that physical attack Munchlax was using on Octillery? It appeared to be either Headbutt or Tackle.
I agree with Jikkle. Also I would prefer anything over tackle. edit just kidding guess geodude answered the question. Oh well Munchlax needs a weak attack. I'm glad though that Metronome was actually random though.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Team Rocket stealing Pokemon and thunderbolted into the atomsphere. Dang, this was a throwback episode and attached to the best contest in a good while. This one is going into the best of pokemon archive.

Geodude

ghost master said:
They also brought up that she shouldnt of used metronome so much. Although a cool looking will o wisp was used by munchlax via metronome.
So much? She used it a grand total of once.

Will-O-Wisp? Uh, no. Completely wrong. At first they thought the attack basically did nothing, but it was just a delayed Thunder.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Ariados had a awesome appeal, making itself a mummy. Who knew its eye spots could move!? And Wobbuffet falling down, and running off stage, priceless.

Harley was a total Drama Queen in this episode, he's precious!

And admit it, Munchlax was awesome. HE put up a great fight, and anyone notice May has dumped Squirlte for Eevee?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, they gayed him up big time for this one.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Team Rocket stealing Pokemon and thunderbolted into the atomsphere. Dang, this was a throwback episode and attached to the best contest in a good while. This one is going into the best of pokemon archive.
and this comes from a guy who hates may and contests. So you know its a good episode.
So much? She used it a grand total of once.

Will-O-Wisp? Uh, no. Completely wrong.
wrong choice of words. meant rely not use. Also I looked over the pics again. I had thought that when octillery was glowing green and in the air Munchlax had used will o wisp on it.

Geodude

His repeated uses of Engrish were hilarious:

"Harley very surprised!"

There were a couple more too, can't remember them off the top of my head.

ghost master said:
I had thought that when octillery was glowing green and in the air Munchlax had used will o wisp on it.
No, that's when Munchlax was knocking it around while it was using Rest to shake off the paralysis from the earlier Metronomed Thunder.

Last edited:

SuperSonic

Munchlax had become a pretty good battler, even before this epsidoe. I think I've mentioned before how much I appreciated how the writers executed Munchlax's growth and in-battle technique. This wasn't the best example of Munchlax's battling ability, and I think that is more of May's choice of attacks. I'd like her to have a little out of battle training and have Munchlax do a spectacular job during the next contest. Good thing its only 2 episodes away.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Munchlax has pretty much always shown itself to be a strong battler. After all it is just a miniature version of Ash's Snorlax. That thing will just get knocked around and come back for more.

~Flareon~

I have seen this Contest episode. Too bad May's Munchlax lost against Harley's new Pokemon, Octillery. That is why Harley won this contest with his Ariados & Octillery. But never mind, maybe Munchlax had done its best. Munchlax is a good battler. This is the first time I saw Munchlax in a contest battle.

Last edited:

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
Kojiro said:
Ariados had a awesome appeal, making itself a mummy. Who knew its eye spots could move!? And Wobbuffet falling down, and running off stage, priceless.

Harley was a total Drama Queen in this episode, he's precious!

And admit it, Munchlax was awesome. HE put up a great fight, and anyone notice May has dumped Squirlte for Eevee?
I dont think ive seen the eye spots on an Ariados move before but it hs been seen on Spinarak a few times so it makes sense for its evolution to have the same effect.

Whoo for Harley! Its about time he won. When i saw him holding the ribbon in the pics i started clapping and said Yay he finally won! I laughed at the beginning when he came in running like a girl would. Heh i just love Harley, hes such an awesome character. Squirtle's appeal was really cool, even though i dont like Squirtle much. I wish TR didnt barge in on Harley's appeal. Why must they ruin the good stuff? Do the writers think its funny to have TR constantly appear and ruin things? I find it more annoying than funny. The battle between Octillery and Munchlax looked awesome. I'm glad Octillery got some redemption and kick some rear end but i did feel bad Munchlax lost in his first contest battle. Ive really grown attached to the little dude. He's so cute. I think hes made it on to my list of favorite pokemon. The end of the ep was good. May got a rose from Drew, aww. Bet the May/Drew shippers liked that one. I think this was a good episode. Someone mentioned they wanted to downlod it. Where's a place you can do that?

Fizban

Propaniacs
That was a pretty enjoyable episode. When Wobbuffet fell through the roof I instantly thought "REVENGE!" It would have been interesting if it had held a grudge against Ariados for what happened back in Saffron.

Somebody actually used a Magneton for a contest appeal. The anime has made it a good battling pokemon, but it really just seems too inflexible to be any good for showcasing.

Munchlax was adorable with all of his flexing. Squirtle also pulled off a very nice appeal, which even got Lillian spinning.

I know they all said it must have been Drew who sent the letter, but couldn't it also have been from that Wakana person who will appear in the next contest? She (?) could have sent it as a trap so she could defeat May and impress her idol. Besides, if Harley already has four ribbons Drew might have five. He was always two steps ahead of the competition.

TeddiUrsa

I think Jessie "asked" James to use Manene in the next contest episode, can somebody confirm this?
I hope it uses mirror move,barrier, mimic an dother funny stuff ^^ but that´s offtopic...

It was funny how Harley was creeped out because of team rockets motto and he recognized them after all. I think he wanted to ask them for help or something like that to fool May but remembered then that they are loosers after all ^^; But again..just speculation.

Brock is the ladies man with his little bonsai! yay! he deserves it.

Harley was good as usual and he uses one of my favourite water pokemon as well, no complaining for me.

And as long as Squirtle does the appealing part and no Uber battling, I have no problem with it. I don´t understand why everybody still hates it.
Same with Munchlax who battled well in this episode, without any unfunniness if you ask me.

But Harley was just better. I think May could do nothing to prevent her loss.
Munchlax arms are just to short to knock octillery off its head ^^

I liked the whole atmosphere of this episode. Contests ARE the best part of pokemon for sure ^_^

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This episode was 'fun' in the purest sense of the word.

I loved the way the episode starts of, as its much more humourous than usual. At the begining, Brock's Bonsly was attracting hordes of girls who where squeling and commenting on how cute it is.
So now it seems that Brock can use the thing as bait. Child Labour Laws: Do they exist in the pokémon world?!
It was also amusing how Brock thought Harley was another girl when he heard his voice. Priceless.

Speaking of Harley, my god. He crashed right through the top of the campness scale and kept on going this time around. The hip-wiggling, the blowing of kisses, the limp wrists, the pink handkercheifs, the overuse of 'very' ...you name it, he's got it. All of it was fantastic and he was on top form this time around. Brilliant.

Squirtle needs to stop doing appeals now. I can't say I'm impressed by its Ice Beam and Bubble performance any more. Especially when it has such an amazing appeal like Harley's to compete with.
...and when the HELL is Combusken going to get a chance at another appeal?

Kudos to Wobbuffet, for proving he's still a pro when it comes to random, off-the-wall amusement. That entire scene, despite how short it was, was executed suberbly and was truely hillarious.
Also, he's cute when he's angry. Just lookit dat face. Daaaw!

Hahahaha! Oh man, that final battle was fecking sweet. Watching Munchlax get totally pwned by Harley's Octan-chan was definatly the best part of the whole freakin' episode and then some. There is nothing better than watching a character you dislike, struggling in futillity whilst being crushed and pelted with high power attacks coming from such an awesome underused pokémon. Especially when, for the majority of the episode, its constant flexing and cocky attitude were just as bad as its insatiable appetite.
'Harley very thank you!' indeed! :D

Edit- Just something I didn't notice the first time around. A big ROFL to Lillian, who during the intro to the contest, shouted out "Very Sexy!"

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I say from now on we call Octan-chan Octan-sama the Salyer of Haruka. *laughs insanely and is then shot*

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
did anyone catch the Engrish that Harley used when he first release Octan? I'm wondering what Octan-chan's nickname is.... Noctus and Jupetta are his "cool buds", Ariados is "King of Cool", so Octan is....?

God damn that Zenigame.... not only does it appear again, but it scores top appeal. Even with the scoring system taken away since Kantou began to prevent me from seeing how well each appeal did, they still manage to severely piss me off. That thing beat Ariados again. Yamato angurii! Apparently, popping bubbles is more impressive than bungee jumping and spinning yourself like a mummy with your own silk -_-. But it seems like but a minor gripe in comparison to the rest of this majorly kickass episode.

The beginning was funny as hell. First there was Takeshi almost mistaking Harley for a girl in the crowd (after the orienteering episode, and now this scene, Usohachi is quickly gaining my respect), and Harley scaring off all the girls as he came strutting up. I loved that fake voice that Kojirou was putting on as he was disguised as a Polock salesman, and after Rocket Dan did their motto, this little bit was the icing on the cake.

Harley: "Oh, you're the Rocket Dan that always loses to Haruka-chan, aren't you?"

Sounansu: "Sounansu!"

XD I was bursting out laughing with that one. The insanity with Rocket Dan only continued, as Sounansu randomly fell in and Ariados scared the living s*** out of it. Then when Satoshi caught Rocket Dan stealing Pokemon on the roof, they tried putting up some ruse that they're supporting Haruka, since they have a grudge against Harley for his earlier insult. Then Satoshi asked what the Pokemon in the cage were for, and not finding an answer, Pikachu immediately Thunderbolted them away. And while I'm still talking about the comedy aspect of this episode, I also got a chuckle when I saw Sukizo and Contesta scared half to death by Ariados's afforementioned appeal, while Joy didn't let it get to her a bit.

It's nice to see that they're properly preparing Eievui for its eventual use in contests, making Takeshi hold it in order for it to see what a contest is. I guess I won't be seeing any of that rush-right-into-being-cheap-after-several-episodes-of-goofing-off-and-barely-training bullcrap that a certain turtle did (and I just got through translating the orienteering episode, where Haruka states that Eievui needs to work on some techniques before she'll let it participate in contests. Really good to know ^^).

And to top it all off.... Harley got a win. Boo-f***ing-yeah! He appeared at the start of the episode to show that he already had three ribbons (four counting this one), as well. That's the kind of stuff you'd see Shuu pulling off before royally handing Haruka her ass. The writers finally got it through their heads that they need to portray this guy as more of a threat, especially given his popularity. It's about damn time, I say ^^. It's just too bad that the Battle Frontier is in a rush, now. A first part episode that's setting things up, like how things were for that attrocity in Yamabuki, sure would've been nice (ah well.... at least I'm ever so closer to a certain upcoming evolution). But I'm with The Big Al, this episode is definitely one of my instant favorites.

Gravy said:
There is nothing better than watching a character you dislike, struggling in futillity whilst being crushed and pelted with high power attacks coming from such an awesome underused pokémon. Especially when, for the majority of the episode, its constant flexing and cocky attitude were just as bad as its insatiable appetite.

Yeah... to be honest, I'm like the majority that's gained some respect for Gonbe after all the development it was getting (hell, unlike Zenigame, it actually would've made sense if it were to win this battle. Not that I'd want Harley to lose again, of course). But, all that flexing really did get on my nerves after a while. Thank god Octan came to lay the smack-down on that cocky little b*stard.

TeddiUrsa said:
And as long as Squirtle does the appealing part and no Uber battling, I have no problem with it. I don´t understand why everybody still hates it.

Because it's a stupidly pointless and late Fire/Leaf advertisement (at least Gonbe's an advertisement that makes sense), was nothing but a crybaby for 15 episodes before majorly p*ssing us all off in Yamabuki, stole Heigani's thunder in what was rightfully his showcasing episode, and still has yet to do anything or have something happen to it that will redeem itself of those things. Its voice is damned annoying, too, and tries looking cuter than your average Zenigame but horribly and sickeningly fails.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yamato-san said:
(and I just got through translating the orienteering episode, where Haruka states that Eievui needs to work on some techniques before she'll let it participate in contests. Really good to know ^^)
She says that now, but I'd be surprised if she didn't use it in next fortnight's contest. Apart from Eevee, they really haven't got anything new to work with. Though I hear Wakana (who is a decent enough bet for Haruka's main opponent this time around) is a rookie coordinator, so I suppose if Eevee DID battle and defeat her it wouldn't be too bad, ne?

Yeah... to be honest, I'm like the majority that's gained some respect for Gonbe after all the development it was getting (hell, unlike Zenigame, it actually would've made sense if it were to win this battle. Not that I'd want Harley to lose again, of course). But, all that flexing really did get on my nerves after a while. Thank god Octan came to lay the smack-down on that cocky little b*stard.
Bah. I'm far too stubborn to start respecting Munchlax at this point I'm afraid :p
But here's to hoping that Squirtle is the next to be battered. It wouldn't be fair if a pokémon I don't like gets its face pounded into the dirt, whilst your disliked creature gets away scott free :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
GOOD GOD!

Just when I thought it wasn't possible to make Harley any campier, they outdo themselves. This episode was pure genius! Harley really outdid himself (and not just because he won, everything else he did in the episode was hilarious!)

The writers must have been planning ahead for this episode for a long time, because it was just about perfect in every sense of the word. If every episode of the series was like this, we'd have a truly fantastic show on our hands.

Is it just me or is Lilian starting to look slutty? Guess the outfit must be getting to me. (Not that I wouldn't mind May wearing something like that someday)

LMAO at Team Rocket. Jessie "powering up" and Wobbufetts antics were great. And I agree that it's great that Eevee gets to WATCH a contest before participating, hopefully Eevee doesn't turn out to be Skitty's replacement.

Loved Brock falling for Harley at the beginning too. Is Brock becoming a chick magnet lately? :eek:

May was fun to watch as usual, I'm surprised she took her loss so well. What else can I say? This is Pokemon at its best, and its a shame that the writing can't be as consistently brilliant as this episode.

Ok after watching this episode it turned out to be better than I thought really.

*Brock falling for Harley was LOL, maybe he's giving up on girls ;D.

*Octillery was a twist, out of all the Pokemon I thought Harley would have I wouldn't of thought Octillery to be one of them. But at least it got an appearence, we haven't seen one since Hoenn when it clinged to Max's face :p

*Wow Drew letter, i'm so glad he's returning in the next contest. He's like losing the spot light to Harley, he needs a contest episode already! Plus I wouldn't mind seeing him lose to May, even though I am a Drew Fan.

*Now all I need to see is a Jessie victory and i'm golden. I mean if Harley finally one, my hopes for Jessie are reviving. I mean James did win the that thing, so maybe Jessie will strike lucky and win the next contest. *croses fingers* We can all dream.

*Since May used Squirtle for her Appeal and Munchlax for her battling, I can imagine her using Eevee for her next battle and Munchlax for her appeal.

CC said:
Is it just me or is Lilian starting to look ****ty? Guess the outfit must be getting to me. (Not that I wouldn't mind May wearing something like that someday)
But that outfit is what makes her better than Vivian :p

Wait one last question, has Jessie entered any contests in Kanto so far?