• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harley Rides Again! (437)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Wait one last question, has Jessie entered any contests in Kanto so far?

Alfonso

Derpgull
...What did Harley say at the end of the episode, while hiding behind the tree? I got a very bad feeling when he said it. Not 'Oh, I guess I've beaten her, so I don't hate her anyore', I hope. ._.

LMAO at Team Rocket. Jessie "powering up" and Wobbufetts antics were great. And I agree that it's great that Eevee gets to WATCH a contest before participating, hopefully Eevee doesn't turn out to be Skitty's replacement.
I dunno, Munchlax seems to have filled that with Metronome and its kawaii facial expressions here.^_^ But it's good to see that they realize Eevee-chan is just a baby fluffball...albeit one with infinite potential.:)

But, all that flexing really did get on my nerves after a while.
Believe me, you have no idea how annoying it can get...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
A few things I wanted to clarify:

About whether attacks should glow or not, I think that whenever a special energy is being used they should glow, or whenever it helps define the attack better. I mean what then is there to distinguish something like Rest from normal sleep? After all, normal sleeping doesn't cure a Pokemon of ailments and restores its energy to the max in less than a minute.

As for Crabhammer, it is a Water type attack so having it glow makes more sense to give it the elemental aspect to it.

`Master~Harley' said:
May was very overconfident and it led to her getting pwned by Harley.
Overconfidence didn't seem to have anything to do with it, besides Harley winning only because of that wouldn't have redeemed him as a skilled opponent now would it? It also shows how much May has matured in that she took a loss to a jerk (he may be skilled, funny and a great character but he's still a jerk) like Harley so well.

Both May and Harley faught extremely well, and their "life bars" were quite even for most of the battle. This was the best kind of pokemon battle, both sides giving their all and using various strategies while the other tries to counter them with their own, until the more skilled trainer wins (even though luck plays a part as well).

RaikousThunder said:
I wish TR didnt barge in on Harley's appeal. Why must they ruin the good stuff? Do the writers think its funny to have TR constantly appear and ruin things?
But they didn't barge in on the appeal. Wobbuffet came crashing in for a hilarious scene. If it hadn't we wouldn't have gotten to see how Ariados can change the facial markings on its back like Spinarak can.

My single disappointment, although actually its nice in terms of continuity is that Harley's Ariados seems to still be a weak fighter who is only good at spraying webs. But that is the main reason it lost to May's Squirtle, Harley should have given it more offensive attacks like Night Shade, Fury Swipes and such.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Pokemon Fan said:
About whether attacks should glow or not, I think that whenever a special energy is being used they should glow, or whenever it helps define the attack better. I mean what then is there to distinguish something like Rest from normal sleep? After all, normal sleeping doesn't cure a Pokemon of ailments and restores its energy to the max in less than a minute.
Still seems pointless to me. The trainer tells a pokémon to use rest, it goes to sleep, it's now using rest. Not hard to figure out.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
Still seems pointless to me. The trainer tells a pokémon to use rest, it goes to sleep, it's now using rest. Not hard to figure out.
Right. With an attack like Rest, if I Pokemon is doing that in battle, you know it has to be on purpose.

Contrast that with, say, Block, Endure, or Role Play and the difference is clear in regards to what requires a glow and what doesn't.

I do agree with Pokemon Fan on the idea of Special-type contact moves though. Or with Crabhammer at least.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Alfonso said:
...What did Harley say at the end of the episode, while hiding behind the tree? I got a very bad feeling when he said it. Not 'Oh, I guess I've beaten her, so I don't hate her anyore', I hope. ._.

After hearing Haruka say she won't lose next time, I think he says something along the lines of "Whatever" and leaves.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
I still can't believe that May lost to Harley but she had to lose to him eventually. She beat him in Izabe, Slateport (Grand Festival), and Saffron

Alfonso

Derpgull
Pokemon Fan, their life bars may have been equal at the end, but that's only because May lucked out with Thunder forcing Harley to command Rest. Up until that point, before she got one of the most AMAZING peices of luck ever, Octan-chan was owning May and her annoying little Munchlax.

Some points to make:

-This episode was a huge STFU to all those that said that Harley was a one-trick pony, and stale. He got right to the *****yness, not only with May but with Team Rocket too, and delivered some of the greatest lines and facial expressions ever. (Like when Metronome produces Thunder and when he commands Ariados to wrap itself in it's own webbing.)

-Harley's Engrish. "Harley very question" is the best line in Pokemon ever. Period.

-Octan-chan mimicing Munchlax's Metronome. Hell, Octan-chan's cockyness was pretty awesome all round.

-May getting her *** handed to her = win

-One of the best, if not, THE best BF so far. It's got to be up there in my top 5 favorite episodes of Pokemon.

-Munchlax flexing it's muscles. Seriously, that thing needs to die.

-So does Squirtle. I love how they've made it an Uber in appeals too.

-Politoed = win

B

Blaziken master

Yeah politoed's cool, why did it have to be taken down by that bloody overated munchlax!?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because Solarbeam + Water Pokemon = owned. That and the battle went by quickly to give more screentime to the Harley/May fight, so the writers didn't want to draw the first one out.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Politoed appeared! but beaten so easily!
such a close battle, good to see Octillery again, I knew May would lose, but atleast it was a good battle!
does that letter mean that Drew will be in the next contest?

8/10

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
FINALLY saw the episode. Like most people have said, this episode was indeed awesome. FAR better than the Saffron and Silver Town Contests, and just about on par with the Lilycove arc.

*jump* D-do you hear that? That's me jumping on the Harley bandwagon. I've always thought he was cool, but the way he acted and the fact that he won in this episode REALLY got me to like him.
Speaking of his movements, someone better get Harley's lower half insured...because the skipping, the hip waggling, EVERYTHING was adorable [and his 3rd person Engrish only contributed to this] Sooo...shall we start at, what, a cool 10 mill? C'mon people, 10 million dollars for the greatness that is Harley's legs. Neh?

I severely underestimated Octillery as Harley's Pokemon as well. It actually does fit him, and the animators did put a sort of glare on his face. On the note of Pokemon, Politoed!!! Aww...I love Politoed. Too bad it was beaten so easily.
Squirtle is as cheap as ever with that damn pretentious bubble attack, and Gonbe was actually getting on my nerves with the constant flexing and such [and I seriously don't mind Gonbe].

Overall, excellent. See you in the Grand Festival, Harley.

taitofan

Stalker!
I wanted to wait to tell what I thought so I wouldn't ramble... Though it should be obvious (if you know me) that I loved this to pieces. Harley's movements, expressions, Engrish ("Haarii very question" was the BEST)... Perfect. Octan-chan... Perfect. Ariados-chan... *squee* I loooove you Ari-chan~ I'm soooo glad Harley's win came with such a wonderfully drawn episode too. <3 Definately takes the spot as my fave episode.

Even Zenigame couldn't ruin my love of this episode, though I certainly could have done without it... >.> And I hope Harley uses Jupetta-chan next time...

Anyways, I took 372 pics of Harley, Ariados-chan, and Octan-chan if anyone is interested. Me, obsessive? Never~

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Seen the ep! Spent most of it thinking "How in the world did they manage to make Harley even gayer??", and then "SQUEEContestshippingSQUEE" for the last three minutes. In an attempt to review semi-seriously, all I can say is that everyone was so darn CUTE in this episode. Harley with his pink handkerchief, Pikachu in its widdle cheerleading costume, May giggling at Harley, Team Rocket being all -__- when Harley was laughing at them, Drew sending May a rose in a letter (daww, he misses her!) - even Squirtle was kind of adorable. I liked its appeal. (More than Harley's... sorry. *hides*) And I guessed lots of stuff right, which makes me very happy. Harley totemo happy, even.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, I just now got around to watching this ep, and it was indeed as good as everyone made it out to be.

First of all, Kojirou-tachi's interaction with Harley was hilarious. I guess I never realized that they hadn't had any contact with him until now. It was funny that he recognized them as being the ones that were always beaten by Haruka and her friends. XD Not to mention his Engrish had me in stitches. And Soonansu randomly crashing though the ceiling in the middle of his appeal was priceless.

The battle itself was pretty damn awesome. It's about time we get to see Octan take part in a real battle (or be seen at all for that matter), and it kicked a*s, which is what I would have expected from such an awesome dude. Too bad it didn't use any of those crazy moves it can learn. And needless to say, Harley winning was beyond awesome.

They really could use more episodes animated like this. Everything looked great. And again with the old school music. "Shouri no Badge, Getto da ze!" <3

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
hey everyone. Sorry if this is a bit of a shameless plug, but I just wanted to let everyone know that a parody sub I made for this episode, which you can discuss about here, was recently released. Expect a true sub of this episode to be released soon.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was funny to see Bonsly attract the girls for Brock. Harley's new voice is terrible and also, IMO, makes him sound weirder. Him laughing at TR was hilarious. Squirtle's performance was awesome. Munchlax was awesome. It was good to see Octazooka, but poor Munchlax getting owned. It was funny when Thunder hit Octillery.