• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harley Rides Again! (437)

CrimsonX

I was suprised. Everyone did good. Harley's VA sounded gayer but it wasn't as high as the old VA.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
LMAO Did Harley just say he was off to powder his nose? And call his Pokemon "hun"? PUSA nailed Harley just as well as 4Kids did, making him an even bigger fruit than in the Japanese version.

His voice was fine for the most part. Sounded a bit too much like Tracey in parts, but his tantrums were delightful.

Loved this quote also:
Jessie: "Say who's prettier! Me or Harley!"
James: "Do I have to?"

Although Yamato-San's parody sub lines kept rolling through my head while watching this. I half-expected Sukizo to say "I'm so high."

I half-expected Sukizo to say "I'm so high."
I might as well--how many decided to watch the parody sub after this? All hail Yamato-san~!:D

BTW, during 4Kids' run, did they say Sukizo's name correctly? If not, PUSA is!;)

Last edited:
Yeah -- The rest of the original cast and I always approached our roles in Pokemon with zero regard for the good of the series.

What utter twaddle.

You missed my point. I wasn't speaking of the VAs - I was speaking about the business types - those who were busy editing out lines so *they* could rewrite them.
All the VAs have always given 150% to whatever work they do. Of course that includes you do too. I know it's part of a good actor's nature. But those in charge have not always been that way.

CrimsonX

Remarkable LMAO

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Is it just me, or did they mess up on Octillery's Attacks!? :confused:
Cause the Attack info for Octazooka says ''Fires a lump of ink to damage and cut accuracy'', when it used it in this episode it looked more like a Hyper Beam attack. And for Sludge Bomb, it looked like Sludge Bomb, but it looked more like Octazooka!? :confused:

Cause the Attack info for Octazooka says ''Fires a lump of ink to damage and cut accuracy'', when it used it in this episode it looked more like a Hyper Beam attack. And for Sludge Bomb, it looked like Sludge Bomb, but it looked more like Octazooka!? :confused:

Lol anime changing what attacks look like.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
Just wait til we get to the Anabel battle.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
You missed my point. I wasn't speaking of the VAs - I was speaking about the business types - those who were busy editing out lines so *they* could rewrite them.
All the VAs have always given 150% to whatever work they do. Of course that includes you do too. I know it's part of a good actor's nature. But those in charge have not always been that way.

Kathy Borland is one of the funniest, most creative script writers I've had the pleasure to work with -- her changes to the scripts ALWAYS greatly improved the script. She made those changes for the good of the show , not personal gain -- she hardly needed to lift a finger if all she was in it for was the money.

Sorry, No sale.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Actually, May said the "I'm off to powder my nose" line, but Harley got mad because he said she stole that line from him. :D
Nah, I'm pretty sure Harley told May he was off to powder his nose right after the first scene, hence why Harley was mad when May "stole his line".

Medea

Excalibur
Harley's new voice...HARLEY'S NEW VOICE!

Okay, don't get too scared here. Harley's new voice didn't scare me and it didn't piss me off. It may not be as great as his last voice for English, but there were enough gayish lines coming from his mouth that made me forget that his voice changed (for about 5 seconds at least).

This episode was too funny! With this, I was afraid Harley was going to break out in song and start singing some showtunes somewhere in the middle of this episode.

Plus, the fact that I am really hating Contesta and Sukizo's new voices (bangs head against wall repeatedly) I hardly noticed Harley as much of a pain on this.

Well until next week *sobs and worries about Drew*

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I don't like Munchlax's new voice. The 4Kids one was better. Harley was funny as hell! :D "I'm off to powder my nose"! (lol) that was great! :D

Cobalt_Latios

I sware, when Harley first appeared, i screamed in fear! He scares meo_O! God the way he acted made me wonder exactly what 4Kids would have had they still had the rights. Maybe it's for the better that PUSA has it now, otherwise Harley may have been edited... oh wait a sec... Harley still had some of that um... "personnality" back when 4Kids was in charge, but nothing like this. It was great having Squirtle do it's little intro appeal. It's a born compettitor! Munchlax on the other hand, great attacks, but not so good on the competitive side. Eh, ya cant win em' all.

Now that i think about it more, Harley creeps me out more than he scares me.

Best scene: During Harley's appeal, Wobbuffet comes out from the ceiling, lands into the stage, then dashes off out the door!

And Pikachu with his cool new outfit... say where did he get it?

~C_L~

I love PUSA! They made Harley as gay as he's meant to be! <333 *praises*
4kids would have never gave Harley such fruity lines, He says some of the stuff I do :D

Aaanyway, Not include the awesomeness that is Harley, I liked this episode, It seemed like an awesome contest, and Harley actually won! <3 Munchlax did fairly well, I would have prefered it if Metronome had turned into Splash or something...`-`

But anyway
Original version I give an 8.5/10
Dub version I give a 9 due to awesome gay Harley.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
^ When they said that they could team up with Harley to plot the twerps demise, he laughed hysterically and said, "That will make me a big of loser as you guys are!!!"

THE FUNNIEST EPISODE EVER!!! Harley's lines were hilarious and I laughed out loud when he was approaching Brock at the beginning and all of the girls ran away! ^_^! I mean, he sounded completely gay in this episode!

But next week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The dub, whether 4kids or PUSA, has already screwed up two of my fav characters' voices *COUGHMAXIECOUGHASH* and I DO NOT WANT DREW's VOICE to be horrible!!

~Battle Frontier~

<-- Wolf Whistle
This episode was remakable! Squirtle's appeal round was really remarkable as well! This was one of my favorite Pokemon Contest episodes because of Harley and May's performance. I like the way Lillian said "Let's Get Busy!" about three times. In Weekend Warrior, she only said it once and replaced it with other statements.
Too bad that we will only get to see a few more performances of May until she leaves to Johto.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why is everyone saying that 4Kids never would have had Harley say stuff like "hon" and "powder my nose"? There wasn't a line in that episode that didn't sound like something the old dubbers would have done.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Harley used to annoy me, but I think he's one of my favourite characters after this episode!

I don't think they would've let him stay stuff like "hun" and "off to powder my nose" because that makes him sound gayer (is that a word? I don't think it is...) OK more feminine than ever. And of course, that is "bad".

"Boy toys?"

I think he meant toy boys haha