• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter 7 Pt 2

Ace of Shades

About the the sequel people are hoping for 3 years ago Rowling stated if she was to make another book it would be 10 years from now. So for those that fail at math that means seven years from this year or 2018

ChrishMC

I saw the movie and I thought it was great! Great way to end the series.

darkcharizard58

I think there is a good reason why harry can hear them and if you think about it, I'm sure you'll see it as well.

I understand perfectly why they could but it had never happened before. They just used it as a way to skip all the back story about how he found the horcruxes. They didnt even mention the cup belonged to Ravenclaw or that he saw Tom getting in the pensieve, so instead they had it yell out to him. I just think they couldve added an extra 30 min. to explain the backstory of the the horcruxes. It would still be shorter than the first half and wouldve been that hard

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
I just saw the movie today and i have to say it is going down as one of my favorites. Some parts were off but i don't know if it happened because they cut the movie into two or people forgot what was happening two seconds ago. Still a 10 for me though.

Was it just my movie theater or was the 3-D blurry in some parts?

Some things i'm really confused about:
When entering the bank why did Hermione not have the wand? What was up with Ron's disguise, it looked like they just put a fake beard on him.
It sounded like and looked like Tonks died. Then at the end Harry was talking as if they had a kid and she was still alive.
hopefully this turned out okay my "s" key is broken ><'

darkcharizard58

I just saw the movie today and i have to say it is going down as one of my favorites. Some parts were off but i don't know if it happened because they cut the movie into two or people forgot what was happening two seconds ago. Still a 10 for me though.

Was it just my movie theater or was the 3-D blurry in some parts?

Some things i'm really confused about:
When entering the bank why did Hermione not have the wand? What was up with Ron's disguise, it looked like they just put a fake beard on him.
It sounded like and looked like Tonks died. Then at the end Harry was talking as if they had a kid and she was still alive.
hopefully this turned out okay my "s" key is broken ><'

Dont know why she didnt have the wand because she did in the book, either way the outcome was that they knew there were intruders. They enlarged Rons nose and gave him a beard. Tonks and Remus did die. They had a child in Part 1. Harry was the godfather and in the book he raises the kid.

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
Okay how they worded it got me confused. I don't think they mentioned a kid in part 1. Need to go see part 1 again to refresh my memory.

darkcharizard58

Okay how they worded it got me confused. I don't think they mentioned a kid in part 1. Need to go see part 1 again to refresh my memory.

They may not have, they cut alot out. I cant really remember but I think they did

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Saw it opening day and I was very pleased. It's a satisfying conclusion to the film series and it did the book as much justice as it could along with successfully doing its own thing without straying too far.

I did feel that some of the humor was unnecessary, as it detracted from some of the scenes and of course some of the younger actors didn't deliver their lines as well as they could have.

Snape's Memories and King's Cross were my favorite bits, much as they are in the book. The latter fit my picture in the book nearly perfectly.

-Like I said, the humor went overboard sometimes. Particularly Neville going all "WHAT NOW?!" to [I:]massive hoard[/I] of Death Eaters simply because the barrier held for a little while. I know Neville's supposed to be more courageous now, but that was pushing it a little bit.
-I didn't like Ron's shouting in the Room of Requirement either, partly because the lines weren't delivered well and partly because it felt unnecessary.
-I don't know how I feel about McGonagall's "I've always wanted to use that spell!" line. It was funny, but felt out of character. Or maybe that was the purpose?
-I like when Harry confronted Snape, but the whole "Your security is weak." line was just awkward.
-Voldemort... hugging Draco was odd.
-Bellatrix disintegrating was rather random. It worked for Voldemort's death, but I think a normal death would have worked better for her. Although I'm overjoyed they kept Molly Weasley's famous words.
-Hermione could have looked older in the epilogue. It reminded me of how she looked after the Ministry of Magic bits in the first part.

But, yes, I really enjoyed and it may be my favorite of the films. I will be seeing it at least once more in the theaters.

They may not have, they cut alot out. I cant really remember but I think they did

They referenced it (or tried to) before the Seven Potters scene. Tonks begins to say "Remus and I..." as if she's about to announce something but Moody cuts them off.

Last edited:

ChedWick

About the the sequel people are hoping for 3 years ago Rowling stated if she was to make another book it would be 10 years from now. So for those that fail at math that means seven years from this year or 2018

So testy about something so minuscule. It's not like everyone keeps to their word or doesn't change their minds.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!

Oshawotter

I absolutley loved this film and I feel that it was a very satisfying ending to a wonderful franchise. Here is what I enjoyed and disliked about the film.

Positive
+The build up to the Battle of Hogwarts was well put together.
+The acting in the film was outstanding, especially in scenes such as the Resurrection Stone scene.
+The death of Bellatrix Lestrange was a great scene and I'm glad they kept Molly's famous line "Not my daughter you b****!"
+The special effects were really cool, especially in scenes like the Fiendfire in the Room of Requirement.
+The soundtrack was amazing. Especially tracks like "Statues"
+The battle was well shown and the scale of the battle felt epic.
+Several scenes were enough to get my heart beating fast, especially Harry's sacrifice in the Forbidden Forest.
+The revelation that Snape was truly loyal to Dumbledore and his love for Lily was wonderfully shown. This made Snape one of the most respectable characters in the series.
+Nevile's bravery and heroics were outstanding and he had some great moments in this film, especially when he killed Nagini.
+The kiss between Ron and Hermione in the Chamber of Secrets was great.
+McGonnagal played a great role in dueling Snape and defending Hogwarts from Voldemort, not to mention her hilariously out of character line "I've always wanted to use that spell!!!"
+The dialogue between Harry and Dumbledore at the Kings Cross Station limbo was well written.
+The build up to the final battle between Harry and Voldemort was incredible with the epic battle of theirs through the castle(with Voldemort physically beating Harry), all leading up to the final duel and Voldemort's demise.
+The epilogue scene was wonderfully put together, and it definatley felt satisfying as an ending.
+Choosing "Leaving Hogwarts" as the background music in the epilogue was a wonderful choice due to the nostalgic value it had, especially since it ended the first and second film, and how appropriately fitting it was for the final scene of the series.

Negative
-The aftermath of Voldemort's death felt underwhelming since nobody saw it and nobody was showing that they knew Harry defeated Voldemort other than Hagrid who shared a hug with Harry, as well as Ron and Hermione.
-The lack of Voldmemort's NYEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
-The second phase of the battle felt better in the book, mostly since Voldemort was fighting in it rather than just fighting Harry(as he didn't know he was alive until he attacked Molly after Bellatrix's death and Harry revealed himself then)
-Peter Pettigrew's death was never shown in this part nor the first part.

Last edited:

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
This thread isn't an in depth review, in fact it was made BEFORE the film even came out. The thread maker asks if anyone else is excited about the movie. Furthermore, it really doesn't take that much effort to do this:
That was incredibly hard!
Assumptions are not always right, and being considerate really isn't difficult..

If you had taken the time to read my original post, you'd have seen that I did in fact use spoilers where appropriate. However, one should expect when entering threads like this, that there will be spoilers. Everywhere. People get caught up discussing a new movie, sometimes they forget to add such things.

Assumptions are not always right, and reading a post really isn't difficult...

Grey Wind

So I saw it today and I thought it was excellent.

Brilliant. Snape's flashback was excellent. And Mrs. Weasley's 'Not my daughter you b*tch' was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was Fred' death, they barely showed it at all. And I didn't really get why Bellatrix had to explode.

Other than that though, it was amazing.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
So I saw it today and I thought it was excellent.

Brilliant. Snape's flashback was excellent. And Mrs. Weasley's 'Not my daughter you b*tch' was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was Fred' death, they barely showed it at all. And I didn't really get why Bellatrix had to explode.

Other than that though, it was amazing.

Explosions=better movies :p

CAH

Calm And Hyper
As is yours. My superior insight pulled from his rant a passionate and fierce hatred for those who ruin endings for people. Strong feelings such as leads me to believe that sometime in CAH's life he/she had some type of ending ruined for them that pissed he/she off. Fail less please.

As mentioned I was saying this on behalf of people I knew who had endings spolied for them and the fact that deliberately spoiling endings is a selfish thing to do, but even so my point is entirely valid, and you yourself have just used a "spoiler" so you surely agree with it, which leaves me to wonder what the purpose of your posts directed at me are other than just an attempt to annoy.

If you had taken the time to read my original post, you'd have seen that I did in fact use spoilers where appropriate. However, one should expect when entering threads like this, that there will be spoilers. Everywhere. People get caught up discussing a new movie, sometimes they forget to add such things.

Assumptions are not always right, and reading a post really isn't difficult...

Perhaps you should take your own advice and read again carefully. I didn't say that you didn't use spoilers at all. I simply made the point that it's not so hard to be considerate to other people and use one when discussing things which are classed as spoilers or would ruin the movie for anyone else.

Also if you read what the first person I quoted wrote you'll see that this person didn't forget to add a spoiler, they simply deliberately posted the ending likely just for the misfortune of others, which is pathetic.

Please don't give out advice that you yourself have failed to take.

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
As is yours. My superior insight pulled from his rant a passionate and fierce hatred for those who ruin endings for people. Strong feelings such as leads me to believe that sometime in CAH's life he/she had some type of ending ruined for them that pissed he/she off. Fail less please.
And yet, you were wrong. Funny, that. Get a better superior insight, yours is broken. Or at least, in your own words, try to fail less, please, as difficult as it may be.

saw it the other day and i was quite impressed tbh. they were surprisingly consistent with the book (except griphook never died, and something else that idr right now). everything seemed to happen more quickly than i remember but i guess that will happen when you go from book to movie.

AaronxLegend

I cant believe Its over. Since I was a kid I watched the movies. Im not a big fan but it feels like its gone now. Although I saw a girl at the movie theather with a shirt that labeled, "Harry, the last Hocroax is in my Bra". Haha.