• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Cobalt_Latios

Sephiroth_Strife

I really enjoyed the sixth movie! I would've preferred the final scene involving Dumbledore (as done in the book, to save spoilers) than the burning of the Burrow.

I love Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix, though! She fits it so perfectly, and, even though I hate her for killing Sirius, I still laughed aloud when I heard her go running and screaming "I killed Sirius Black!!!" over and over.

Raines

Bogan
Downloaded it over the last few days and watched it last night. Great movie :) It's such a shame I've read all the books though... Still since they are not fresh in my mind it's great to watch.

Whoever plays Bellatrix Lestrange does a ****ing good job. Favourite character by far

mangaeyes

Downloaded it over the last few days and watched it last night. Great movie :) It's such a shame I've read all the books though... Still since they are not fresh in my mind it's great to watch.
Lol same. I've been reading the Harry Potter Wiki book plots so that the books are fresh in my mind because I read them so long ago.

Whoever plays Bellatrix Lestrange does a ****ing good job. Favourite character by far
Helena Bonham Carter. She always does quite dark things, usually with Johnny Depp as he is a close family friend of her and her husband, Tim Burton.

mech king1

Fire trainer
why download a film? why not watch it in a cinema where it is better byu far(except for people who eat really loudly). i think it was a good film, i like the bit at the beginning showing the death eaters in london but i wish it was a longer film.

SmartD

I saw the movie on my birthday today, it's really cool. The plot was interesting, I didn't know who the Half Blood Prince was until near the end of the movie. Though, it looked like the movie was about other things than about the Half Blood Prince. But it's still good. I can't wait for the movie version for The Deathly Hallows.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Did anyone else hear that none of the actors have read the final book and don't know the ending?LOL They're being paid enough you'd think they'd read the books

I really doubt that the actors would not have read the books. Why wouldn't they? It makes the characters seem more like they did in the books. Probably some rumor you heard.

I have not read the book, but I'm looking forward to watching the movie. Harry Potter is like the ultimate epic fiction of today.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Just finished watching the movie. It wasn't too bad. I read the book whenever it first came out so my memory was pretty dull which I think made me enjoy the movie better.

Chaos Rush

I think they should've included more information on who this Half-Blood Prince is. Because at the end of the film when Snape said, "ZOMG I am the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahahahaha," it didn't seem as impacting as it should have.

Also the end of the film seemed kind of like it abruptly stopped. So far, each Harry Potter movie has some kind of "epic" ending except Half Blood Prince:

Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone: Harry confronts Professor Quirell, who's hiding Voldemort
Chamber of Secrets: Harry fights the basilisk and destroys a Horcrux
Prisoner of Azkaban: Harry yells "EXPECTO PATRONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Goblet of Fire: Harry has some epic fight with Voldemort
Order of the Phoenix: Dumbledore and Voldemort have an epic duel
Half-Blood Prince: Snape says, "ZOMG I'm the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahaha fear me lolololololol"

Then again bear in mind guys that this film was the longest book yet so considering that I think they did well. The last 2 films will (hopefully) be freakin' awesome.
Order of the Phoenix is a longer book than Half-Blood Prince. Ironically, Order of the Phoenix is the longest book and the shortest movie. In fact, the Half-Blood Prince book is shorter than Order of the Phoenix AND Goblet of Fire.

Oh, and the Bonham Carter person that plays Bellatrix Lestrange is awesome. Altough her character in the film seems different than the book (less aggresive), she makes Lestrange look like some crazy psycho lady, which is how I imagined it when I read the books.

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Also the end of the film seemed kind of like it abruptly stopped. So far, each Harry Potter movie has some kind of "epic" ending except Half Blood Prince:

Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone: Harry confronts Professor Quirell, who's hiding Voldemort
Chamber of Secrets: Harry fights the basilisks and destroys a Horcrux
Prisoner of Azkaban: Harry yells "EXPECTO PATRONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Goblet of Fire: Harry as some epic fight with Voldemort
Half-Blood Prince: Snape says, "ZOMG I'm the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahaha fear me lolololololol"

No, "ZOMG I'm the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahaha fear me" was not the huge part at the end of the movie. The part where every student and teacher (except Snape of course) held up their wands and used some beautiful mystery spell that made the dark mark dissapear. (I cried here)

Seeing Dumbledore die made me cry.

I cried here, too. And I saw it comming miles ahead.

mangaeyes

Did anyone else hear that none of the actors have read the final book and don't know the ending?LOL They're being paid enough you'd think they'd read the books
I have no idea where you'veheard that but I'm pretty sure they have read the last book. In fact I would be confident in saying all the main acotrs have read the last book, if not all then 90% of them...

I think they should've included more information on who this Half-Blood Prince is. Because at the end of the film when Snape said, "ZOMG I am the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahahahaha," it didn't seem as impacting as it should have.
I agree 100%.

Chamber of Secrets: Harry fights the basilisk and destroys a Horcrux
Goblet of Fire: Harry has some epic fight with Voldemort
Agree yet again.

Oh, and the Bonham Carter person that plays Bellatrix Lestrange is awesome. Altough her character in the film seems different than the book (less aggresive), she makes Lestrange look like some crazy psycho lady, which is how I imagined it when I read the books.
Shes awesome. Is it just me or has anybody else noticed this: Bellatrix was totally crazy in OOTP but now she seems to have a posher voice and less crazyness...good character development or mangaeyes looking too deep into it?

No, "ZOMG I'm the Half-Blood Prince mwahahahaha fear me" was not the huge part at the end of the movie. The part where every student and teacher (except Snape of course) held up their wands and used some beautiful mystery spell that made the dark mark dissapear. (I cried here)
The wand thing was a poor replacement for Dumbledores funeral. They should have included the funeral it would have been a brilliant and emotional and dramatic ending but no they instead all hold up there wands and cry waaaaaa.

Stupid wizards....

Last edited:

bleachaddict

Death God
The book was awesome but when I watched it I found it boring and it dragged out to long.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
The wand thing was a poor replacement for Dumbledores funeral. They should have included the funeral it would have been a brilliant and emotional and dramatic ending but no they instead all hold up there wands and cry waaaaaa.

Stupid wizards....

Hahaha I loved it. It was sad, emotional, and very powerful. I want my own wand.

Blazios

The part where every student and teacher (except Snape of course) held up their wands and used some beautiful mystery spell that made the dark mark dissapear. (I cried here)

Including Hagrid. That error kind of ruined that part for me.

Last edited:

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
Yeahhh. I mean, would it have been so hard to make him hold up his damn umbrella? That was annoying, it's oversights like that that kill my hope for the series of movies.

As for the movie as a whole, I enjoyed it. A little too light-hearted for Half-Blood Prince, and the PG rating was meh, but I understand that they want to pace themselves for the last movie, from a strictly cinematic point of view.

That being said, I feel that the romance in the movie was incredibly rushed.

ChedWick

Including Hagrid. That error kind of ruined that for me.

Hmm, didn't notice that but I don't think I would have minded. Hagrid isn't a muggle after all, hes just forbidden from using magic. Doesn't mean his umbrella of a wand is gone :)