• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter and the School of Fear Discussion Thread

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
*aims carefully at Sapphire*

Bubble Head is simply too advanced, there is no way anyone can learn that from first year, even the bookworms.

On a further note, I would like to point out a few things about my character, as he will be a combo of Ace Ventura and Sherlock Holmes. He will most likely learn fun spells that do funny things to others, like Langlock from the sixth book, which glues your tongue to your mouth's roof.

*buys ticket to France to hide from crazed girls, then realizes he hates France*

ForestEmerald

Indigo Champion
Yep! Bookworm's unite! Harry, Hermione, and Ron also learned some extra spells in their fourth year because the final task.

S

Shadowcat

I know that. I didn't say my character was learning that.

Anyways, *Takes out mallet and chases PS to France before whacking him, shouting at him to post in the Digimorph RP*

Anyways, looks like there's only a few of us in it. How about 'Stupefy', in Charms, Flitwick shall teach it or something, cause we need to send red sparks when in danger. But it falls in Lupin's Part.

Anyways, Oblivion, who roleplays as the teacher?

O

O'Malley

Bookworms unite!
What's wrong with the French?
How many times are you going to say "anyways"

My character is probably going to be good at all of the subjects everyone else hates and do pretty badly in DaDD.

Will there be Quidditch teams for first years? There was that blurb in the letter about not having brooms being brought to Hogwarts by first years, so I was just curious.

ForestEmerald

Indigo Champion
xXSapphireXx said:
I know that. I didn't say my character was learning that.

^^; Oops...didn't mean to make it sound like you did.

I'm going to be pretty good in most subjects, seeing as I'm a bookworm, but when I get to Divination I'll be really good in that.

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
Well, there may just be a scene of the Quidditch, but no one is going to make any teams this year. Oblivion said it might not even happen until the third year, players aren't supposed to be first years.

All right Sapphire, I'll post in Digi-Morph! *blocks strikes with mallet* I've been really busy lately, I'm almost done with NaNoWriMo, I only have four thousand to go. I only have tomorrow to finish.

Now then, why do I hate the French? For one very special reason: I've been to France, it stinks and smells like gargbage, and people pee in the streets.

I'll post soon in Digi-Morph, don't worry your Sapphire head about it. *flashes grin, then flees*

MalionX

<Is Ash gay or what?
Just a quick question (again sorry for the interruption)
Will there be new first years next year?
You know like in second year, will you allow new first years?
Or are you just continuing with the initial first group of first years and nothing more.
Just curious.
Sorry to have disrupted.

O

O'Malley

You're probably right... boo Frenchies.

Thanx for the Quidditch info.

S

Shadowcat

My Character will suck at Divination and shall storm out of Professor Treawly's(Forgot Spelling) Class after she keeps mentioning the Grim. Also, my chracter is the extreme 'Know-it-All' and shall be buying books like 'Hogwarts, A History' and many others. She sucks at Quidditch and Divination, that's about it. For the rest, she's very good, not excellent.

Anyways, am I the only muggle born? Pure Muggle Born.

Anyways, I love to use 'Anyways' cause it's ............*drum roll*............. FUN!

Last edited by a moderator:

MerkelHog

Metallic fighter
The only reason why I asked was because in the 5th book it said that alot of students were performing bubble-head charms to avoid the smell of dungbombs and stinkpellets. Here is the exact quote from the book:

"Dungbombs and Stinkpellets were dropped so frequently in the corridors that it became the new fashion for students to perform Bubble-Head Charms on themselves before leaving lessons..."

It is in the chapter called Grawp on page 677 in the hardback version.

S

Shadowcat

I think JKR meant the older pupils of Hogwarts, cause mainly, I think it's the younger pupils doing those things. Tossing Dungbombs and all. Now, not much spells were introduced in the 1st Book if I was not wrong.

Project Alpha

Recharged
A lot of the spells I'm seeing seem pretty advanced for the first-years to know them. I only feel the need to know Lumos, Incendio, and Flippendo, before the school year begins.

M

Manji

We can assume that everyone learns Lumos at Ollivander's...it would make sense since it's an easy spell to master (no wand movement) and means we can start using it right away.

O

O'Malley

That's pretty much my character. She is horrible with Quidditch and DaDD, but aces everything else. Extreme Know-It-All, meet your counterpart. I based my character off of some of my real characteristics. I couldn't play a sport well if I tried!

M

Manji

I'm the opposite.

Couldn't concentrate on her studies for more than a few hours, and prefers the hands-on approach. Herbology, Potions, Magical Creatures and Quidditch come first. Although Charms is not too bad either.

D

DeadlyMighty

My charry donest really care about it, but if she must, she can study for hours on and is rahter a bookwor, who is quite smart. She grew up around magic all her life and a lot of dark magic because her dad is a Voldemrot follower.

Nagashi

Master Coordinator
My character can study for hours on end, but he'd get so frustrated that four hours afterwards he'd be in a bad mood. It's just kinda the way he is... if he has problems, scowl.

D

DeadlyMighty

My charry could study for hours on and take in everything without geting frustrated. THe only itme she woudl get frustrated studying is if someone by her was bothering her.

S

Shadowcat

My character too, is an Extreme Know-It-All, hence Wingardium Leviosa. My character plainly is the worst at Quidditch and totally hates Professor Treawly and Divination. So she doesn't do well in Quidditch and Divination.

How many females are there? Three or Four or Less or More?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeadlyMighty

My charry is okay for Quidditch, likes it, is fairly good, but hates DADA, History of Magic, Divination, Charms nad Herbology, and she mainly sucks in Herbology and CHarms.