• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter Opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
This is gonna be closed by a mod but i wanna post it anyway?

Anyhoo after going on harry potter Wiki just check out the Peverell family tree i found this:

Familytree2.jpg

As you can see harry and Voldemort are (distantly) realted. So how come this was never mentioned in the books?

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Because he got married at the end, to a pure blood. Purebloods are related and Voldemorts mother was a pureblood. Plus, If you get a big tree you'll find yourself connected to many people you wouldn't expect, but they're very far away from you.

Edit: I've never seen the tree before, so thanks for that it's pretty cool.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
No worries but Voldy and HP are both descended from the 3 Peverlls so thts the bit i dont get

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
We were told that Voldemorts grandpaps was descended from them, and the cloak was passed down to Harry through the family.

That is the most confusing family tree i have ever seen... There's so many Blacks and people i can't remember reading about >_>

That is interesting, but Rowling doesn't really need to say every little detail does she? I mean that takes the fun out of figuring out for yourself... although whoever thought up that tree really read into it.

It doesn't really surprise me that they are distantly related... going by that chain the Weasleys are kinda inbred? :p

EDIT: AND they seem to be very very distantly related to Malfoy! That would please Ron lmao!

EDIT2: And if Voldemort was descendant of Salazar Slytherin does that mean Harry is too? Or did Salazar come after the Peverells?

Last edited:

Chaos Rush

Most non-muggle people are distantly related. Even Sirius Black said that in Book 5. And yes, J. K. Rowling has said personally that Harry and Voldemort are distantly related.

EDIT2: And if Voldemort was descendant of Salazar Slytherin does that mean Harry is too? Or did Salazar come after the Peverells?
Harry is a descendant from only the Peverells, and Voldemort is a descendant from BOTH the Peverells and Salazar Slytherin. Voldemort descended from Camdus Peverell, Harry descended from Ignotus Peverell.

EDIT: Wait a minute....Harry and Ginny are distantly related...they're 3rd cousins...and they married...OHMYGAWD THEIR CHILDREN ARE INBRED RESULT.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
That was kinda cool, but I don't remember many of the characters listed. Prolly because I haven't read any of the books in a while.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't think it might've been listed because they came from two separate branches. Voldemort was from the "Cadmus" branch, while Harry was from the "Ignotus" branch. I guess that these branches are kind of considered the three starting lines from wizard family trees, and are kind of considered like three separate family trees.

But also, like they mention in the books, just about every single wizard is somehow related to each other.

Upa

Pink Floyd Never Die
wait, so according to this, Lily Evans was muggle born.

YEah I think that's what it was anyway. Awesome tree.

MaskedManAbsolkid

That is the most confusing family tree i have ever seen... There's so many Blacks and people i can't remember reading about >_>

J.K. Rowling created a family tree and auctioned it off for charity. Some of these are mentioned in the books however, such as Ron and Malfoy being related and most pure-bloods being related, such as Tonks and the Weasleys.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
wait, so according to this, Lily Evans was muggle born.

YEah I think that's what it was anyway. Awesome tree.

Yes, she was. That's news to you?

Why should it have been mentioned in the books? It's not exactly majorly relevant to the plot. I reckon Rowling only did it to try and satisfy the 'Voldemort is actually Harry's father/grandfather/brother/cousin/father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate' school of fans.

Chaos Rush

It's sorta sad there's a thread about this.
They're witches and wizards people.
[sarcasm]It's sorta sad that there's a forum about Pokemon.
They're garbled pixels people.[/sarcasm]

We can discuss Harry Potter if we want, just like Pokemon.

ForeverFlame

What's the point of this thread?

Anybody could have figured out that fact just from reading the books. Voldemort was descended from the Peverells, and Harry's great-great-whatever-grandfather was Ignotus Peverell. It's a no-brainer, really.

Farmermon

Is back once again!
Its an awesome tree! Yes it was mentioned that they both descended from Perveralls... Not in the same sentence however. Some of the characters JK Rowling must have put in to give us a more knowledgable tree to follow?

mangaeyes

Well I don't want to sound patronising or rude or anything but any intelligent Harry Potter fan already knows that.

All pure-bloods are related somewhere so the Potters, Weasleys, Gaunts, Malfoys, Lestranges, Blacks etc. are all related somehwere down the line.

That means Harry and Ginny are related. Ew.

Anyway they didn't mention it because it just goes without saying and it isn't really a big thing.

most pure-bloods being related, such as Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks is Half-Blood. Her mother, Andromeda, is a pure-blood 'traitor' and sister of Bellatrix Lestrange but Nymphadoras father, Ted Tonks, is half-blood or muggle-born or something.

Last edited:

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
What's the point of this thread?

Anybody could have figured out that fact just from reading the books. Voldemort was descended from the Peverells, and Harry's great-great-whatever-grandfather was Ignotus Peverell. It's a no-brainer, really.

Yh but i wnated your OPINION on this, not whether ypou thought it was a no--brainer or not

Wow i cannot remember half of the stuff and i've read all books multiple times!

And i had no idea that Rowling had stated the relations although it is easy to figure out... after you've read it twice. I was so immersed the first time i didn't really notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.