• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Araleon

Chill
What was your favorite shipping scene in the series?

Oh gosh, my favorite? Well, there are a lot, so I'll pick one for each of my main pairings.

HarryxGinny - The scene where they, and Ron and Hermione, are talking about tattoos. I don't know why, but it seemed like one of the few perfect moments in Harry's life before Voldemort was killed. Plus the conversation made me laugh. Coming i second is a tie between their first kiss, and when Harry wanted to turn Dean into jelly in Book 6.

RonxHermione - Hmm... So many to choose from! The Yule Ball in Book 4 was pretty heavy duty, and the canaries is one of my favorit scenes in Book 6, so that's a contender, and so is Ron leaving Hermione and Harry in Book 7, but then coming back and that scene involving him and Hermione. I think that wins because it shows how much they have come to love each other, willingly or not.

NevillexLuna - Well, there aren't very many, so I'm not entirely sure at the moment. xD

But so far, the RonxHermione one is top in my book.

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King

Well, frankly they're both not very "shippy" (there aren't many moments like that in HP after all), but they both have a good atmosphere and are very indicative of the characters' feelings.

The first one is for Ron/Hermione, in the scene where Ron destroys the locket Horcrux. Ron getting all emotional about the horcrux's illusion and Harry telling him that Hermione is like a sister to him was quite special.

And the second one is for Remus/Tonks, the scene where Remus announces the birth of Teddy. He's just so happy and excited! Harry even says he's never seen Remus so happy before. Obviously, something very good happened between him and Tonks after he realized he's being an idiot and came back home.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead

Hmmm...without actually going to the trouble to crack any of the books open...The fight between Ron and Hermione at the Yule ball was intense. I also really liked the ummm..."Interesting" perfume that Ron gave Hermione for Christmas.

I also liked Hermione kissing Ron before he goes off to his quidditch match, and her developing a blindspot for breaking the rules if it's for him :p

And from book seven, when they feel asleep holding each other's hands. And when they kissed at the end :D

Well, those are all Ron x Hermione ^^; But they're the ones that came to mind first off.

Even though I'm not really a HarryxCho shipper, at least not anymore, I was madly in love with the kiss scene and the conversation he had with Ron and Hermione that followed. I read that part over and over again. I actually remember where I was exactly the first time I read that scene (randomly sleeping in a RV, reading by flashlight).

I also loved all the RonxHermione-ness in the 4th book. And that kiss on the cheek in the 5th one that I somehow forgot about until I reread the book and spazzed out.

Finally...in the 7th book... the whole SnapexLily and their past and whatnot. Gah. I'm still ffruustrated about that.

Edit: Rank Up mann.

CheekyJoy23

Battle Factory Lover
What Harry Potter shippings do you support? Why do you support them?
I'm pretty open-minded about most ships in Harry Potter, but the one I especially support is:
RonxHermione - I used to not care about this ship because it seemed too obvious and like many people in the fandom have said it would've been very "fanservice" However, the 7th book totally drew me into this ship because of the way Ron felt. Ron really makes this ship work and I'm glad they're together. Even if JKR totally used Alchemy symbolism as underlying proof that they were going to end up together no matter what. ^_^

If Ginny and Harry never happened, who would you pair Harry with?
I would pair him with Luna. I think these two have such a wonderful friendship and in the end could work out because Harry can ultimately accept her quirkiness because he understands her on a deeper level where other people don't. Yeah, Harry x Luna was one of my more favorite ships and I still like it better than HarryxGinny.

The part where Ron destroys the locket! That moment is burned into my memory, it is what brought me to loving RonxHermione and it is also what made Ron become one of my all-time favorite characters. The emotions in that scene were just amazing, if only Hermione had been there to see it...

Random question of randomness - what do people think about any of the Giant Squid Ships? LOL!

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
I can't even decide which Giant Squid Ship I like the best! Colin/Giant Squid? Dennis/Giant Squid? Hogwarts Castle/Giant Squid? Oh, the possibilities are endless!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Damn it, I've got to keep better track of this thread. I apologize, everyone -_-

I've never been one to ship the Gaint Squid, but the shipping potential for the beast is enormous, if only for its body structure and appendages XD. How about a massive poly-ship including all of the main cast, the Giant Squid, Dedalus Diggle, and Mrs. Norris? Loads of awesomeness there.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Sekra's Snape x Harry pic.
Suzimi's adorable ROn x Draco picture.
LJ com for HP slash lovers, some of the work is NSFW thoughbut some of the stuff there is brilliant.

Ron x Draco is really cute and crackyish. They would be a bit like an old married couple sorta; since they can't stand each other. And if their children decide to get married, they'll most likely have to make up with each other. Yeah I like Sporpius x Rose. Like if Draco and Ron had a drunken one night stand, it would cause some real choas and confusion to both families.

And the bit where Ron tried to make Draco eat slugs and it backfired, that was funny too.

Voodoo-muffin

I shot Bambi's Mom=]
Well I always shipped Harry/Hermione I always thought they'd be cute and I still do >.> (I just ignored the ending of Deathly Hallows) since I'm not a fan of Ronxhermione or harryxginny =/

RonxLuna would be cute in a way to.. there both funny..and it seems like it could work

and GinnyxDraco.. honestly I dont know why but it be..cute in a weird way lol

If Ginny and Harry never happened, who would you pair Harry with?

hermione of course XD (and I'm not a fan of the ship anyway..so) o.o
and I choose her because well they known eachother since 1st year..and they just click o.o

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
*Runs in and bumps the thred*

Hullo Sonic Boom, I would like to join ^^

Off to the topics:

What Harry Potter Shippings do you support? Why do you support them?
Harry x Ginny, well, I always liked Ginny, I never saw them together until book 5 becouse of the year diffrence, but love will always find a way.

Hirmonie (I know SP) x Ronald No need to explain, I knew that they wpo\\ould have been together after reading book numboro 1.
Snape x Lily Potter. ANother no brainer
Snape x Magicarp

If Ginny and Harry were never together, who would you pair Harry with?
Luna Lovegood. The wierdness would kill me of laughter

What was your favriote shipping scene?
In HP:GoF I loved the sene when Hermonie came down the stairs and Ron was speachless.

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
What Harry Potter shippings do you support? Why do you support them?

Hermione x Draco!
The couple is so cool and cute! Usually people hate it, but I like it because it gives off the Tough girl and Bad boy type of vide-ish-couple. Y'know what I'm saying? (I hope you do... D: )

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Hello and welcome to...
harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_to_be_split_i_451x300.jpg

The Harry Potter Shipping Thread [V2]

As we (should) all know, the Harry Potter series, authored by the wonderful J.K. Rowling, is one of the most popular book series to date, and is enjoyed by children and adults alike. The story focuses on a young orphan named Harry Potter, who, after living with his aunt and uncle for the first ten years of his life, comes to realize, with the assistance of Rubeus Hagrid, that he is not the ordinary boy that he believes himself to be. Upon revelation that he is indeed a wizard, he is unsurprisingly thrilled that he can finally be part of a group who would understand him. Upon receiving an invitation to enroll into a school that focuses on his incredible talent, Harry wastes no time to make sure he can get there. Upon collecting his school belongings, including the beautiful snow white owl, Hedwig, he boards the hidden platform 9 3/4, and sets off to what will come to be his most exciting adventure, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, headed by Albus Dumbledore.

Over the years, Harry Potter befriends a colorful cast of promising witches and wizards, including the tall, spunky, and red-headed Ronald Weasley (along with the rest of the Weasley family), the intelligent, witty, and kind-hearted Hermione Granger, the less confident, yet brave Neville Longbottom, his fierce, yet loving godfather Sirius Black, and many others. Harry is also well respected among most of his teachers at the school; Minerva McGonagall and Remus Lupin often assist him in matters he wouldn't otherwise be able to accomplish. However, with great friends comes great enemies, including the smug and proud pure-blood Draco Malfoy, the prim, proper, and prissy Dolores Umbridge, and, perhaps Harry's "Achilles Heel," the quiet and mysterious Severus Snape.

But what is perhaps Harry's greatest enemy comes in the form of the psychotic and wicked Tom Marvolo Riddle, a.k.a, Lord Voldemort. While the true history of Lord Voldemort is masked to the public, sans some well-informed minds, what is known about this dark entity is that he had impeccable power, even amongst the strongest witches and wizards around. However, on a night that would live in infamy, the Dark Lord was stricken down....hit by his rebounding Killing Curse.....by a one year old baby, Harry Potter. Seemingly defeated, Lord Voldemort sought numerous methods with which he could survive: drinking unicorn blood, possessing the bodies of his followers, until finally, upon Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts, Tom Riddle finally resurrected, using Harry's own blood, which now allowed him to have contact with Harry without feeling any repercussion. With his body resurrected, Voldemort now needed to reassemble his masses, and reclaim what he believe what was his destiny: supremacy over the wizarding world, genocide of every non-pure blood wizard, and immortality. Now knowing what he was up against, Harry, with the assistance of Albus Dumbledore, took it upon himself to find the secret to Voldemort's terrible and fantastic power, and subsequently, find the remaining Horcruxes and destroy them, to give them any fighting chance against the Dark Lord.

Now, looking at that, this series seems to be quite the epic tale. In my opinion, it is. But that doesn't mean that there are other elements in the story. From Book 3 onwards, it became evident that shipping hints were present in the books, and on second glance to the previous two novels, some hints and moments can be seen as well. Over time, these hints and moments began to develop ideas for the pairing, and THAT in turn began the Harry Potter shipping fandom. That is what this thread is for!

-Sonic Boom, I couldn't have said it better myself.​

The Topics:
Introduce yourself! Why are you here and what are your top Harry Potter Shippings?!
When you first read the books, who did you think would get together with who?

Members:
- Mr. Joker
-The 4th KIRA​

FanFiction:

Okay guys! Post away~!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Introduce yourself! Why are you here and what are your top Harry Potter Shippings?!

Well I'm The 4th KIRA. I've liked the series since I saw the first movie and I've come to like some of the characters and I believe some belong together.

As for Shippings, these are some I support *I don't know official names*:

Harry x Hermione, I think they have the most chemistry. Both know about the Muggle World since both grew up there. Both are smart, and talented in magic. I like that there were rumors about them being a couple in book four.

Voldemort x Bellatrix, I think they're both so darn evil, why not hook-up? I love that Bellatrix is Voldemort's favorite and strongest Death Eater and I like that Bellatrix is devoted to her master 100%.

That's about it :)

As for Shippings, these are some I support *I don't know official names*:

Harry x Hermione, I think they have the most chemistry. Both know about the Muggle World since both grew up there. Both are smart, and talented in magic. I like that there were rumors about them being a couple in book four.

Voldemort x Bellatrix, I think they're both so darn evil, why not hook-up? I love that Bellatrix is Voldemort's favorite and strongest Death Eater and I like that Bellatrix is devoted to her master 100%.

That's about it :)

You took the words right out of my mouth! hahaha!
I think I'll introduce myself!

I'm Harrypotterfan100%! My favorite harry potter shippings are.....
1. Harry x Hermione
2.Ron x Lavender
3. Voldemort x Bellatrix

And that's pretty much it! Please except me in this thread! XD

Last edited:

Lorde

You took the words right out of my mouth! hahaha!
I think I'll introduce myself!

I'm Harrypotterfan100%! My favorite harry potter shippings are.....
1. Harry x Hermione
2.Ron x Lavender
3. Voldemort x Bellatrix

And that's pretty much it! Please except me in this thread! XD

You know, I've never found a suitable girl for Ron in the whole series? :S

Kinda weird I know but I don't see him with Lavender, she was too much at least in the movie. I've always thought he liked Luna but she's too awkward for him and I know he's picky when it comes to girls.

Looks like the majority *or us* like Harry and Hermione lol. Too bad things don't out the way you planned. I'm not sure how I feel about the couples at the end if the series.

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Welcome to the thread guys! Lets make this one go more then 2 pages like the last.

@harrypotterfan100%, I am going to have to ask you to post a little more then you are, simply saying that you like Harry x Hermione and quoting Kira isn't cook imo =\

Kinda weird I know but I don't see him with Lavender, she was too much at least in the movie. I've always thought he liked Luna but she's too awkward for him and I know he's picky when it comes to girls.
I know what you mean, I like seeing him with Hermione but I don't at the same time, *Explaining later in this post*, imo at least, but they are cute together =3.

I tend to stick with the canon ships, but here are my top few:

Harry x Ginny; I loved it from the start, they are really cute together and it was pretty easy to see that they would be a couple.
Ron x Hermione; one of my top few, I think that they have the "opposite's attract" thing going on.
Luna x Ron; Don't ask. I had a crack daydream in math class and loved the ship ever sense, rofl.
Snape x Lily; way to bad this wasn't canon, I felt bad for snape, and to be quite honest, I didn't like James one bit.
Bill x Fleur; Canon and cute.
Hermione x Fleur; My yuri OTP for HP, they seem like they would be a cute couple x3
Dumbledore x Minerva McGonagall; I knoe Albus is gay and all, but I couldn't help but feel something between them
Tonks x Lupin; MY OTP FOR HARRY POTTER. They are very very cute together <3
Voldemort x Bellatrix; I know Bellatrix is married and stuff, but she would do ANYTHING for Voldemort, and probably he has done EVERYTHING to Bellatrix if you catch my drift.

Well there ya have it! Join people!!

Lorde

Dumbledore x Minerva McGonagall; I knoe Albus is gay and all, but I couldn't help but feel something between them

I always thought of them as a couple, a set if you will. I mean, she was always there, at his side. Almost like a good version of Bellatrix (Minerva) always prepared to do what had to be done for the cause. Dumbledore seemed fond of her too :(

Since we're going to do Gay Ships too, I guess I'll include this one:

Gellert Grindelwald x Albus Dumbledore: It's not something I spend time thinking about, but it really would've been cute if we had seen both sides of this Ship. I know Dumbledore liked him but we never knew if Gellert felt the same. Had I had my way, they would've been a couple :3

yeah I know Dumbldore and him
should be pretty good together,
well anyway here is one of my
gay ships...

Ron x Harry.
sorry thats all I could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.