1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Shipping' started by Sonic Boom, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

USE THE EDIT POST GEEZ. This is your final warning one more double post/short post, I will have to suspend you for a week D:
    please don't
    skip lines
    as it gets
    very annoying.

Still not in the club, you need to add more to your posts, geez.

I know right =(. I never thought of it that way, but yes, I see a loyal servent/lord thing going on there, it was easy to see that they would do anything for each other.

I agree on this one, I wonder if Albus ever told him that he liked him though..

I forgot to mention another one that I like: Tonks x Bellatrix, I like the pairing, I figure that they wouldn't consider each other family, sense their familys hated each other.

New Topic:

When you first read the books, who did you think would get together with who?

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Well let's see, I think the most obvious ones were either:
    -Harry x Hermione: I thought since they both had a similar background (both raised by Muggles) that they understood each other a little more.
    -Ron x Hermione: After the teasing that ensued between them after they met, during their classes, and even Hermione's gloating on the Hogwarts Express, I thought it was a possible Ship.
    -Neville x Hermione: The least likely Ship I think but I remember Hermione tried helping him find his toad (I think it was in the book too, maybe just the movie, I'll need to find out for sure). I thought that was sweet.
    -Harry x Draco: Come on, it was so cute when they were trying to prove their dominance to each other. Bitter rivals or a beautiful couple? I can dream at least.

Most of the other Ships I mentioned before came afterward basically.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

Oh I like Harry Potter.

My favorite ships are:
    Hermione x Ron - Always been a favorite. I thought it was a cute, and I had a feeling they were going to get together.

Harry x Ginny - Same as HxR.

Harry x Draco - I got into this when I got into slash. I started watching slash vids on youtube and got into the pair by then.

Luna x Cho - I felt sorry for Cho. Luna is one of my fav characters and she could cheer Cho up.

Harry x Snape - Used to creep me out when I first read a fic about it, but now I'm okay with it. It became on OTP after book 7.

There's more as well. I almost ship everyone with everyone. XD Including Snape x Magikarp. 8D

4. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

Introduce yourself! Why are you here and what are your top Harry Potter Shippings?!

Skiyomi here, gotta love Harry Potter and I'm glad to see a new topic for it :)

Alrighty, my ships...

Ron/Hermione: Sorry Harmonium, but I've loved this pairing from the beginning. They just have such a cute, funny relationship and they actually remind me of a few people. Strongest couple in the series IMO, and it's nice to see a couple that are also great friends.

Harry/Ginny: Another one I snagged from the beginning. Even when the field was more open as to who Harry would end up I put my bets on Ginny. I'm really glad she came out of her shell more by the fifth book because it turned out she was a really awesome girl. At that point I started really supporting it instead of just predicting it. By the way, I think the 6th movie illustrated their relationship much better than the books.

Neville/Luna: I keep asking myself why this didn't become canon. They're just so cute and geeky together! I think even JKR ended up saying after the fact that she could see why people shipped them. Seeing them in the fifth movie together made me like this ship even more.

Snape/Sinistra: I know, I know. Sinistra never really had a character in the books. But I ship this hardcore because of my most favorite fanfiction EVER: Lamentations of a Starry-Eyed Twit. I would've loved to see Snape in this kind of relationship. Also they're written in the stars. Just sayin'.

Filch/Madam Pince: This is a new one for me, but I'm really loving it and want to spread the madness. It's actually sorta... canonish. In both the 6th book and the movie Harry mentions that he always thought there was something going on between the two of them. Now, it might be a throwaway joke and all, but at Dumbledore's funeral they're seen sitting with each other. Now, I know it's not much, but they're tertiary characters so that's about as much as we could hope for. Just think of it... an evil caretaker and a strict librarian? They could rule Hogwarts with an iron fist!!

There are a few others I like, but those are the ones on my mind at the moment.

5. Waterpokes

Waterpokes Well-Known Member

Introduce yourself! Why are you here and what are your top Harry Potter Shippings?!

I'm here because I love Harry Potter, as I have read them more then 5 times. All of them! And I like the pairings, so shall we get started?

Ronald X Hermione: It was very predictable, from the first to the last. But I loved it anyway. One of the strongest relationships and has been through much, and that pretty much seals the deal. Definatly one of the best couples this show has.

Harry X Luna: Both were outcasts, lost somebody they loved and both are considered psychos, in other persons perspective. I wish they made a couple in the book, but I do like Harry X Ginny as well. Even though you can see that Harry loves her, very very very much, as he (and Ginny) named there daughter after her.

Harry X Ginny: Funny to me is, that I never noticed Ginny too much, until the 5th book. Where she began dating, and then I thought about book 2, where she really loved Harry. Now, in book 6, they came together and bam! Definatly one of the better couples!

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Well you're not alone. I didn't even notice her unless she was possesed of something. I don't think she "loved" Harry until much later though. I mean, why fall in love with someone you've only known for a year? She liked him before he saved her in Book 2 so I was a little confused as to how she'd love him even though she barely ever spoke to him.

She kind of blossomed in Book 5 and she really showed more character and personality in Book 6 when she was dating. I guess it shows that she matured a bit. I am not happy about how things turned out though. She was so shy and then Harry ends up liking her too.

7. Aros

Aros Bounty Huntress

I am Aros. I am a Harry Potter fan and support some ships from the series, so I thought I would stop by.

My favorite ships:

Lily x Snape: Bitter sweet story of unrequited love. Had Snape not called Lily a "Mud-Blood" and not joined the Death Eaters, she could have returned his feelings. Alas, it was not to be. Still, it is an intriguing ship. The fact that it was Snape's love for Lily which led him to assist Dumbledore and Harry is icing on the proverbial cake.

Harry x Luna: I have always liked this ship. Both Harry and Luna lost close loved ones and were treated like freaks by the people around them. The pain they have both experienced makes it possible for them to understand and relate to one another. I doubt that other people would be able to get what they have each gone through in life. Therefore, it made sense to me that they would eventually become a couple. I figured they could help support one another through their struggles and help heal each other's old wounds. Furthermore, their personalities compliment each other well. Harry's an impulsive hot-head while Luna is calm. Because Luna thinks with a clear head, she would be able to handle Harry's rash behavior, since she would not succumb to volatile emotions while he is having one of his fits. As such, tension between them would be diffused more easily than it would if he was paired with a girl who is prone to violent outbursts similar to his.

Lavender x Ron: I actually liked this shipping better in the sixth film than I did in the sixth book. Maybe that is because I liked Lavender's character more in the film. Overall, I thought they made a good couple. Lavender is actually capable of providing Ron with self-esteem, which is something that he needs. If she toned down her clingy and obsessive behavior, I think their relationship could have worked.

Ginny x Neville: Because Neville is a nice and goofy guy who would fit right in with the Weaslies. You know it :D

Even though I hate them together, I knew since the fourth book that Rowling was going to pair up Ron and Hermione. I also thought Harry would end up with Luna, but that did not happen.

Even though I dislike Harry x Ginny in both the sixth film and the books, I agree. Their relationship was more tolerable in the sixth film than it was in the books.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I noticed a lot of people like Harry x Luna. I thought they had some chemistry especially in the end of Book 5 and the beginning of Book 6. I think it's showcased better in the movies, like movie six where her role is a little bigger. I liked that both could hear whispers from behind the veil in the Department of Mysteries. Both went through a lot too like losing parents. I just cannot picture him with her since she's a little awkward and so is he. It wouldn't work well in real life in my opinion but they're both cute.

9. GetBacker

GetBacker Well-Known Member

I was just causally looking through this thread when this shipping suddenly occurred to me:
    Albus Dumbledore x Professor McGonagall (after all Miss Minerva McGonagall is clearly in her prime)

10. GirlsILikeThem

GirlsILikeThem Well-Known Member

I hope it's not against the rules to bump this, but since the new Harry POtter film is coming out in two and a half weeks...

I am becoming fond of putting Harry with Hufflepuff girls. Harry/Hannah and Harry/Susan Bones...fun stuff.

Parvati/Padma is a fun shipping.

I really could go on and on, about Ginny pairings, like Ginny/Hermione, Ginny/Luna, Ginny/Penelope Clearwater, Ginny/Victoire...gotta have Ginny/Victoire...Ginny/Hermmione/Luna/Lavender...Ginny/Parvati/Padma....but it would go on forever.

I also like Romilda/Firenze.

11. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

I'm afraid this was bumped after over 9 months of inactivity, so I'm going to have to close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.