• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harry Potter Vs. Hunger Games

Harry Potter or Hunger Games?

• Harry Potter!

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Hunger Games

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Okay so my friends and I are fighting about which is better, Harry Potter or The Hunger Games.
This is mostly for the books.
Personally, I think Harry Potter is much better, but I wanted to prove this, so please vote!

Vernikova

Champion
You're probably not going to prove it with some poll in the misc section of a Pokemon site.

Harry Potter is marginally better.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I don't like both thaaaaaat much, but eh. That's me.

Harry Potter is so much better. I still can watch the first movies and still the same pleasure I had when I first watched it. And get impressed by the same scenes it did before. Besides, being a movie about magic and all this stuff, it makes me want to live there, move myself to that plane of Oblivion. When I was young, I kept playing (alone though...) as a wizard, sometimes my toys would be one as well. I think the world there is quite more immersive.
None of this I felt when I watched ('cause wouldn't bother to read) The Hunger Games. The story is nice and all and have its moments, but I think it's just a series out of many. Nothing really special about it.
That comparison though is not any fair. Both series are marginally different. It's incomparable due to the fact they both can't relate to each other easily. Even when people LOTR with HP I feel like they're doing it wrong, but at least they share the fantasy premise.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I love the Hunger Games.I've never liked Harry Potter in general,and the Hunger Games fits with what I like:Bloody battle where only one side/person emerge victorious.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I love the Hunger Games.I've never liked Harry Potter in general,and the Hunger Games fits with what I like:Bloody battle where only one side/person emerge victorious.

Yes. Complete reason. I also like character death in books, so The Hunger Games fills my book love completely.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like both of them, but HP a little more since I love the magic battles, the acting and the atmosphere. Hunger Games was interesting in its own way though, showing just how false some people can be.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Harry potter will always be better. Mostly because it's british but also because it's more believable and there is way too much dystopian fiction out there like the hunger games.
They also have loads of HP attractions so yeah.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
As much more as I love Harry Potter, I'm gonna say neither one is better than the other. Rowling is a great writer, but her HP stories are actually pretty bad in the overall scheme of things. On the other hand, Collins is a horrible writer (or at least one that writes specifically for young girls), but her HG stories are very well thought out.

There's no real way to prove this; there are only opinions. And mine is that Harry Potter rules.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Harry Potter, simply based on nostalgia and because the Hunger Games series doesn't interest me in the slightest. I couldn't even get through the first book.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
As much more as I love Harry Potter, I'm gonna say neither one is better than the other. Rowling is a great writer, but her HP stories are actually pretty bad in the overall scheme of things. On the other hand, Collins is a horrible writer (or at least one that writes specifically for young girls), but her HG stories are very well thought out.

There's no real way to prove this; there are only opinions. And mine is that Harry Potter rules.

Harry Potter is very thought out.
The information from the first books all fit in the last few books.

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
HP hands down. Better/more fleshed out world, interesting and memorable characters, premise is more fun, etc. I'm obviously going to prefer the books that popularized the young mage fad and virtually defined their generation over yet another dystopia. Dystopias can be interesting, but not this one.

Let's not even get started in the film department.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I'm going to go with Harry Potter for the overall appeal. Currently a teenager, I've definitely outgrown the days where I wanted to dress as Harry for Halloween every year and don't really remember the small details of Harry Potter, but as my LEGO collection can attest, I once loved Harry Potter with a passion. I still actively like the Hunger Games, remember the details, but I find the movies a little intense and dually so for kids. In my opinion, Harry Potter got the casting right, while I find the Hunger Games too Hollywood in the movies. The SEVEN Harry Potter books can each hold their own as a quality read for really any age. The Hunger Games is a slow start, but worth it. Catching Fire can hold up too, but I think the Mockingjay was rushed, or the author was tired, or something so IMO there's only one or two good Hunger Games books.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I like Harry Potter so much more. It seems so relatable but at the same time something fantastic. Harry's story always spoke to me in so many ways. I just can't really relate to The Hunger Games very much.

Psychic

Really and truly
Both have their issues, but Hunger Games seems to be much lazier in terms of characters, world-building, and actual writing. Hunger Games also has a lot of really messed-up messages about femininity, social classes, beauty and morality. Harry Potter isn't perfect, but I think the quality and the messages are overall better.

Yes. Complete reason. I also like character death in books, so The Hunger Games fills my book love completely.
Uh, spoilers, but a huge chunk of the cast dies in Harry Potter. And at least they get names - in Hunger Games we don't know half of the tributes.

~Psychic

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Both have their issues, but Hunger Games seems to be much lazier in terms of characters, world-building, and actual writing. Hunger Games also has a lot of really messed-up messages about femininity, social classes, beauty and morality. Harry Potter isn't perfect, but I think the quality and the messages are overall better.

Uh, spoilers, but a huge chunk of the cast dies in Harry Potter. And at least they get names - in Hunger Games we don't know half of the tributes.

~Psychic

Small correction, you don't know 7/8 of the tributes. They're like crash test dummies.