• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haruka (Contestshipping, Rated T)

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Haruka​

Hey guys, this the latest fic by Mel-Girl! I'll be working on this alongside Except Me and Meiryoku Curse, both which should be getting updates soon too! Anyway, let me give you the fic summary...~

SUMMARY: Masato has always hated Shuu. He couldn't stand the thought of Shuu and Haruka being together. So eight years after Masato said that a wedding between Shuu and Haruka wouldn't work out, Shuu has proposed to her. And when Masato is back after being overseas for five years, he's back to make his words become the truth.

The main shippings throughout this fic include: Contestshipping, Pokeshipping, Penguinshipping and there'll be hints throughout chapters of other pairings like Advanceshipping, Belleshipping, Respectshipping, Palletshipping and even some of my yaoi OTP, Shinji x Gen! 8DDD

Some notes about this fic: This fic will mostly be a romance/drama. Not to mention, a lot of bad things will happen to characters. If you're expecting an overall lgiht-hearted fic, go back to reading 'Except Me'. XDDD And prepare for characters to be slightly OOC, idk. And I'll be using the Japanese names as usual.

Anyway, onto the fic! Here's the prologue...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

How far would you go to destroy the life of someone you hated? Even if it meant destroying those you loved in the process?

----

When he was eight, Masato watched as his older sister Haruka interacted with him. This boy that Haruka met was Shuu Kimidori, a boy who gave out roses and acted like a completely arrogant jerk.

After he saw how hurt Haruka used to get from Shuu’s behaviour, Masato knew that this guy was up to no good. He sensed it and yet, he wasn’t allowed to interfere. Haruka’s friend Satoshi always told Masato to just let them sort it out between themselves. Her other friend Takeshi always said they’re having a moment and that if Masato tried to join, he’d just ruin it all for Haruka.

But Masato didn’t like it. Couldn’t they see how Shuu brought out the bad sides of Haruka? Weren’t they bothered at how affected Haruka would be by his words? He could make her feel on top of the world one moment and the next moment, be down in the dumps. But most of the time, Shuu just seemed to make her get all fired up or upset. Masato didn’t like it.

The main thing he could never understand was: why did Haruka still continue to seek Shuu out?

Eventually, Masato decided to just let things slide. It was Haruka’s choice after all. Even if he didn’t like Shuu at all, if Haruka was okay with being around him, then what could he do? It was stuff like this that made Masato wish he was the responsible older brother, not Haruka’s insignificant little brother.

That was another thing he couldn’t stand. That Haruka was the important one, the sibling that got all the attention. She got to be the popular one, the co-ordinator that got many admirers. Before, she was Senri’s daughter and Masato was as special as she was.

But ever since she met Shuu, she began to slip away and Masato didn’t know how to handle it. It was all Shuu’s fault, he was certain of that. Hopefully, Shuu would change. That would be most ideal.

----

When Masato was fifteen, Shuu and Haruka had been dating for under a year. He still didn’t like Shuu and felt this was going to end in a mess. The look on Haruka’s face everytime Shuu was around disgusted him. What did she see in him? Shuu just seemed so fake around her. Really, are roses all he can use to get Haruka to like him even more? Did he even get to know her properly?

Sometimes, Shuu would come up to Masato and strike up a conversation. There was one that went like this...

“Hey Masato! I’m really glad that Haruka had been introducing me to all her friends. I’ve been getting along with them great! Maybe my looks just win people over?” Shuu joked as he approached Masato, who sat on a park bench, whilst he sipped a chocolate milkshake. Masato didn’t respond.

Instead he continued to sip his drink and shot Shuu a look of disdain. Shuu shrugged and sat down next to him. “Anyway, I can’t really be at peace until I get to know the little brother too so...”

“How’d you win Haruka’s friends over? With roses?” Masato asked coldly. He wouldn’t even look Shuu in the eye.

Shuu frowned, unsure how to react to this. “Masato, let’s try and not get off on the wrong foot, okay? I don’t want to be disliked by you. I want to be liked by you. I want to feel at home with the Kaede family.”

“Why would I like you? You’re just fake. And you’re a jerk, thinking you can snake your way into people’s lives. Not to mention, you seem to have a way of tricking people into liking you. Haruka used to cry over the way you treated her and you think you could then turn her around by going, ‘oh my god, here’s a rose, aren’t I hot?’ You make me sick to my stomach.”

The two went silent. Never had anyone spoken to Shuu like that. It made him wonder if he really was as bad as Masato said he was. He thought that he’d have changed for the better. These days, he treats Haruka very nicely. She tells him that all her friends like him, most of her family liked him... Surely, Masato was getting caught up over something that wasn’t true.

Nobody seemed to notice it either. Not once did Masato display a feeling of hatred when it came to Shuu, not around the others. Satoshi and Takeshi wouldn’t know. Even Haruka hadn’t noticed. But Shuu, while he didn’t quite understand it, he still saw that Masato hadn’t liked him since the beginning. And this was the first discussion where it was just him and Masato. Already, Masato was bringing out his true feelings about him. It worried him.

“You act as if an arrogant, superficial jerk is all I am...” Shuu replied slowly, staring at her girlfriend’s younger brother with shock.

Masato nodded. “That’s because it is all you are.” He got up and threw his unfinished milkshake in the rubbish bin. “I always disapproved of you from the start.”

Shuu smirked. “And you let that hatred consume you in the seven years of having known me?” Masato didn’t answer, his back turned on the green-haired teenager. “Masato Kaede, you’re pathetic.”

“You can think I’m pathetic, but that doesn’t change that you’re my sister’s boyfriend. You have to put up with me. Well, you could just leave, it would be better for everyone’s sake... Anyway, I’m leaving. I hope we never have to have stupid discussions like these where you try to get to know me. Goodbye Shuu.”

Shuu clenched his fists. He wasn’t going to let Masato put him down like that. He was going to prove Masato wrong too. Shuu ran in front of Masato and looked down at him. “You think I’m just going to buzz off because you don’t like me? No way, I’m not going to give up a girl I love just because you think I should!”

“I don’t think you should, I know you should.”

He grabbed Masato by his shirt collar, ready to punch him when a thought held him back. “Masato, you may hate me but I’m going to prove to you that I’m not that jerk who’s interrupting your life and ruining the lives of those you care about. I’ll prove it by marrying Haruka. We’re going to get married and we’ll be happy together.”

Masato smirked, making Shuu uneasy. “Is that so? Well I say, by the time you leave the altar, both of you will be very unhappy. Your wedding will turn into a complete disaster.”

The two boys glared at each other, sensing that they’d just challenged each other. No more words were needed. Who would be right in the end? Masato or Shuu? They will find out for sure, in the future.

----

(8 years later)

Hikari woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. She groaned as she got out of bed, rolling her eyes at her long-term boyfriend Kengo and his inability to wake up and answer the phone. Picking up the phone, she held it next to her ear and mumbled, “...Hello?”

“Hikari! How are you? I’m so excited; I’ve already called my family about it!” Haruka started spazzing at Hikari from the other end of the line. “This news is so big maybe Masato will finally come and see me! He’s been overseas for five years now and barely keeps in contact... but no matter! Hikariiiii...”

“...What?” Hikari was incredibly tired, having stayed up late to finish more drawings. She was a successful fashion designer, but it sure kept her awake a lot. It often left her quite unenergised. She wasn’t really used to be the tired one and Haruka being the crazy, overly happy one either.

“Shuu proposed to me!”

Hikari froze. This was big news. Anyone would get excited over that. She felt the excitement rush to her head as well. “Oh my god! Are you serious? You said yes, right? What sort of ring did he get you? I’ll design your wedding dress! Tell me all the details! Why did you call you sooner?” Hikari began to spaz as well. Then she let out a big scream of delight. “My Haruka is getting married!”

Kengo woke up at the sound of the squealing. “Wha... What’s going on?”

Ignoring Haruka’s answers at Hikari’s questions, she jumped back on the bed and hugged Kengo. “I’m so excited, Kengo! One of my best friends is getting married!” Holding the phone next to her ear, she caught the rest of what Haruka was saying.

“And so I want you to be my head bridesmaid...”

“HELL YES!” Hikari interrupted for Haruka could finish off properly. She heard Haruka giggle at this.

“...Anyway, I would’ve called last night after he proposed and I said yes but ah... we were too busy making out so I decided to call today instead! He was so cute when he proposed though – I’ll never forget it! Anyway, I gotta call up everybody else so we’ll grab a coffee later on today, yeah? Bye!” Haruka then hung up, while Hikari was still shaking with excitement.

She felt annoyed though too. That means she won’t be the first down the altar like she thought she would be. At this rate, if Kasumi finally manages to beat some guy into proposing to her, then Hikari would be the last of the trio to get married. Well, Nozomi wasn’t married either, but she was the only one not looking to get married.

Also, she missed Haruka’s explanation of how the proposal went! How frustrating! Ah, no matter. Hikari was sure that as the head bridesmaid, she would make Haruka’s wedding the best wedding ever.

The best wedding after hers, of course.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ack, third person! XD Well, here's the prologue so far. Reviews would be hugely appreciated... :3 This'll probably be one of the fics I'm mostly going to be focusing on, as well as Except Me. Especially since the ideas for this fic have been hanging around for quite a while.

So yeah, I hope you enjoyed and uh... yeah, review?

Adios!

Last edited:
You write too many fanfics Mel >( Wayyy too many fanfics >( How is anyone supposed to review every fanfic if you just keep typing more!? >(

JK

Well, I told you before and I'll say it again: O-M-G, just omigod, this was so dramatic, so powerful, and so, in some ways, beautiful. The three things I look for in a fanfic lol.

I just love the fact that at the beginning it was through Max's eyes. Like instead of the same old same old Drew sees May as a hot babe and May sees Drew as one helluva hunk, lets get together! fanfics, you put some thought in to this. You really did, and it shows.

The way that the prologue is structured is just awesome as well. I mean, the time gaps and the quote (?) at the beginning were great. Again, just wow, powerful. And then it ends on a high note of Dawn thinking of making May's wedding perfect just years after Max vowed to ruin it.

Your writing is, as always, incredible to read. I was just glued on to the screen when I read it, as you probably noticed on MSN lol. But yeah, really good writing.

I can honestly say mel that I have never read a fanfic like this and it is seriously unique in every way. Awesome prologue, awesome writing, awesome characters!

Can't wait for chapter 1 ~<3

Tadashi

kiss my greens
MEL! <3 I love the way this is shaping up 8D

“Why would I like you? You’re just fake. And you’re a jerk, thinking you can snake your way into people’s lives. Not to mention, you seem to have a way of tricking people into liking you. Haruka used to cry over the way you treated her and you think you could then turn her around by going, ‘oh my god, here’s a rose, aren’t I hot?’ You make me sick to my stomach.”

Oh man, I remember this. I remember watching the anime and going, "wryyyy, Shuu?? D:" So I know where Masato is coming from.

“Masato, you Haruka hate me but

Er? "Masato, I know you hate me but..." That should be like that, right? >>' oh noez I spotted a mistake D:

9 years of dating and Shuu finally proposed? Oo; What the heck happened there? Or am I off on the timeline? Ah well, can't be helped. *trying to picture Masato in his twenties* ... *brain fart* Well, I shall just have to see how the story shapes up ^_^

You're doing great so far, Mel! I can't wait for Chapter 1~ =D

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Like I told you, I'll be reading this one...
Angry Masato is a concept that wins ^^

The look on Haruka’s face everytime Shuu was around disgusted him. What did she see in him?

lol, hopefully nothing you'll understand ^^'

“Hey Masato! I’m really glad that Haruka had been introducing me to all her friends.

"has" been introducing.
Present continuous.

Masato smirked, making Shuu uneasy. “Is that so? Well I say, by the time you leave the altar, both of you will be very unhappy. Your wedding will turn into a complete disaster.”

The two boys glared at each other, sensing that they’d just challenged each other. No more words were needed. Who would be right in the end? Masato or Shuu? They will find out for sure, in the future.

When did he get so bent on destroying his life ?
And besides, it doesn't seem there is much question for him in harming his sister in the process of making Shuu's life miserable :/

(8 years later)

lol, just type that in Italics ^^'
Don't mind the brackets.

Hikari was sure that as the head bridesmaid, she would make Haruka’s wedding the best wedding ever.

The best wedding after hers, of course.

Competition ^^
Bride Wars xDD

Yeah, this was good :)
The intro 8 years ago was ok, but now I want to see Masato all grown-up lol
And of course, what he does ^^

P.S. : Sorry for the time it took to actually review you fic from the time I told you, but I needed to take some screenshots of me actually reviewing, and write it down...it's a project I'm doing for the forums :p

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Very nice beginning. ^^

Family conflicts always make things more interesting... I'm interested to see how Max will be at the wedding. (Sorry, my brain's hardwired with the English names...)

So starting with Contest and Penguinshipping. I wonder who's the man for Misty? And who everyone's going to end up with? duh duh duh... XD

May's a very happy spaz. XD I enjoyed her phone conversation with Dawn. Kenny sleeping through the whole thing just made it that much better.

Bride Wars ftw! I certainly hope there's some not-so-friendly competition to get married and have fabulous weddings. :D

And that is the review of the Shadow. She eagerly awaits more of this story. :)

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Lawl. I feel like continuing one part of Tadashi's review. *shot*

Tadashi said:
9 years of dating and Shuu finally proposed? Oo; What the heck happened there?

They were having the most "thrilling" and fun part of their life before they start thinking about babies *shot* - if you get my drift. ;D *shot again*

Going back to the reviewing part of the story:

When I first read Masato's pov, why did he remind me of Toya from CCS - except that he seems more mean. :x Damn, I want to see how the dynamic between Masato and Shuu will improve from this point. Such a cliff-hanging prologue. xO

And somehow, you brought my Belleshipping side when Hikari answered the phone call and Haruka was like "I'M ENGAGED TO SHUU" and the like. ;x I guess I'm asking for too much. *shot* But it'll still be nice!! ;o; *SHOT* j/k j/k j/k

Great job Mel~ =)

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
Hey, that was great!

“You can think I’m pathetic, but that doesn’t change that you’re my sister’s boyfriend. You have to put up with me. Well, you could just leave, it would be better for everyone’s sake... Anyway, I’m leaving. I hope we never have to have stupid discussions like these where you try to get to know me. Goodbye Shuu.”

Shuu clenched his fists. He wasn’t going to let Masato put him down like that. He was going to prove Masato wrong too. Shuu ran in front of Masato and looked down at him. “You think I’m just going to buzz off because you don’t like me? No way, I’m not going to give up a girl I love just because you think I should!”

“I don’t think you should, I know you should.”
Masato was just sooo mature! But I like it! XDD

Hikari froze. This was big news. Anyone would get excited over that. She felt the excitement rush to her head as well. “Oh my god! Are you serious? You said yes, right? What sort of ring did he get you? I’ll design your wedding dress! Tell me all the details! Why did you call you sooner?” Hikari began to spaz as well. Then she let out a big scream of delight. “My Haruka is getting married!”
Hikari was just like Caroline!! XD

oh, and Hikari and Kengo were staying in a same house? Or were they married? Or domestic partner(or whatever it's called)?
PENGUINSHIPPING ftw!!

xD nice work =) i'll be waiting for the update!