• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility Wii!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Hi everybody!

I'm an avid Harvest Moon fan and I thought we could discuss the new game on Wii and any problems we encountered, who we married etc.

So discuss away!

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)
Ahh. D:< I wish I had this game. -Lives in Europe- But I've been looking at videos and that on YouTube; looks pretty good. :D Imma gonna marry Reena or Luna on one file, then Julius or Gill on the other. >: I was considering marrying Calvin, but there's a glitch that prevents you from marrying him. The game freezes at one of his Request Events or something. Hopefully they'll fix it before the Europeon versions come out.

ironknight42

My controler got messed up before I could get far in the game I had hardly gotten established and now I need to try to make my Wii nunchuk to work

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Shame ironknight, I heard that Calvin had a glitch, I hope it's fixed for Europe too! I think I might marry Candace (sp?) on one file, not sure about the other!

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is that game any good, like, as good as Magical Melody? Because I really don't want to waste my money on another HM game that turns out like HM DS >.>

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)
Is that game any good, like, as good as Magical Melody? Because I really don't want to waste my money on another HM game that turns out like HM DS >.>

I don't think HMDS was such a bad game in my opinion. But ToT has a hopeful looking outcome — can't wait 'till it comes out in Europe. The graphics and characters look nice. At first, it took me a while to get used to the "bug-eyed" characters, but it grew on me. :B

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Is this worth getting, because I like the Harvest Moon games, but they lose appeal after a while. Does Tree of Tranquility have anything that makes it different from the others?

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)
Is this worth getting, because I like the Harvest Moon games, but they lose appeal after a while. Does Tree of Tranquility have anything that makes it different from the others?

Ushi No Tane said:
• The village you live in is called Waffle Town, on Waffle island.
• Livestock animals are the typical Cows, Sheep, Goats, Ostriches, Ducks, Honey Bees, Silk Worms, and Chickens.
• There are wild animals as well, such as the typical Monkey, Turtle, and Weasel. New animals are the Bear, Panda, and Penguin. When you raise a wild animal to 6 hearts, it will move into your farm.
• You can change your clothing
• Your child and spouse will help you with your farm work.
• Fishing is done by swinging the Wiimote up, down, then pressing A when the fish bites. You can cook the fish you catch with a fire.
• There are mini games like a 4 player horse race, bug catching, frog jump, carnival popgun targets, and wack-a-mole.

I'm also pretty sure that you're Rivals (If they get married) can have children. (Correct me if I'm wrong) And most Harvest Moon games lose their "touch" after a while; especially after you're married. ._.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think HMDS was such a bad game in my opinion. But ToT has a hopeful looking outcome — can't wait 'till it comes out in Europe. The graphics and characters look nice. At first, it took me a while to get used to the "bug-eyed" characters, but it grew on me. :B

HMDS was horrible, you start out with nothing, it's extremely hard to get money and the translation was worse than normal. I had to resort to using a glitch to get enough money to build the buildings you should start out with.

Is harvest moon like animal crossing on a farm>??

Not at all.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
What's it like then, and should buy it

You raise animals, grow crops, and other such stuff to gain money to buy more stuff. You can also befriend the townspeople, get married, and start a family.

In the spinoff game Rune Factory, it's the same thing only you can explore dungeons and befriend the monsters in there. That was a good game, but it could've been better IMO.

Harvest Moon games are worth playing if your into simulation games and the like, but it can get boring and lose replay value at some point, so that's why I wanted to know what Tree of Tranquility was like before I considered buying it..

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
@ Captain Falcon:

If you can, you should look into getting some of the older games. Harvest Moon: Mineral Town for the GBA is a really good game in the Harvest Moon series, the first one for the GCN is okay and I've heard a lot of good about Magical Melody but i haven't played that one much myself.. The instalments of late have not been that good.

I will Hydrohs,thank you Krake, thank you both.
You've been really helpful

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)
HMDS was horrible, you start out with nothing, it's extremely hard to get money and the translation was worse than normal. I had to resort to using a glitch to get enough money to build the buildings you should start out with.

Not at all.
Why did this made me lol?