• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has anyone actually beaten Skyrim's Storyline?

Well, if you're talking about the whole game including every tiny sidequest, then no, I haven't done that yet. But if it's main Questlines, then yes, I'm almost done with those. I believe all I need to do is work on the Dragonborn DLC questline, and the Stormcloaks vs. Imperials questline (Which I'm saving for last.) Almost all Deadric artifacts, a few dragon priest masks, three regular houses, one Hearthfire house, have Shadowmere, and I'm a level 52 Khajit.

Last edited:

Jerre

Gogoat!
I think i'm going to play Skyrim soon again, with a new character and actually try to beat the Main and Sidequests. (Including the DLC ones)

Smuggers

Alright Guy
I've never beaten the main quest in an Elder Scrolls game, but that's only because the weakest part of the game.

Skye-42

Let's get Creative~
I've beaten the main quests in Skyrim, but honestly, it felt empty. No forcing me to watch the credits rolling along with grand, majestic music? Do I really have to manually watch it?

It doesn't feel like I've done anything important cause of that. No credits leave me feeling empty... ;-;

Anyways, getting to Alduin was a lot more difficult than fighting him. The only reason I didn't defeat him in my first go was because I got a little cocky and underestimated his flame attacks and the Heroes that were supposed to help you fight him weren't there. (Sucks to be wearing light armour. I needed the distraction there because I was an Archer type character too.) I was a level 34 wood elf, and that was barely enough to get through the final dungeon. But Alduin? Easy as heck. :/

sparkyandpikachu

and also Puka
You act like its hard to focus on it. Lol.

Pikachu78

Spider-Dan
I beat the main quests when I first played on PS3. But when I got the game for PC I just didn't bother, not because I had done them already but because they had no real point to them. No great rewards from what I remember and not a particularly satisfying difficulty. It's better just to stick to the intriguing side quests and keep on levelling the skills you want, that's my opinion anyway.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I tried to beat the main storyline. Too bad my Xbox is seven years old and every massive battle sequence would lag so hard it just wasn't worth playing it anymore. It's too bad I don't have the money for a new 360.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I tried to beat the main storyline. Too bad my Xbox is seven years old and every massive battle sequence would lag so hard it just wasn't worth playing it anymore. It's too bad I don't have the money for a new 360.

It wouldn't play any differently, all 360 systems play games the same, that's the point of consoles. Skyrim just has really bad lag on console.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
It wouldn't play any differently, all 360 systems play games the same, that's the point of consoles. Skyrim just has really bad lag on console.

Well, crap. I mean, if it wasn't for the god aweful lag issues, I love the game! I'd have no problem playing the storyline, it's pretty cool. And before I get the "PC Master Race hurr durr", I like to play on console, and I lack the ambition to purchase a computer for something like video games when I have a console that can already play those.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
You act like its hard to focus on it. Lol.

^This. There is only 20 quests in the main quest.

Anyways, when I first beat the main quest, I thought it was really cool and interesting that Alduin was sent forward in time. Wasn't expecting that.

V

Shiny Hunter
Honestly, I straight up refuse to finish the main storyline. For anyone who's seen my "About me" or noticed a trend in my "Claim your Favorite Video Game [insert category here]" claims, it is pretty obvious that Skyrim is my favorite video game. Ever. I don't honestly play many games (pretty much only anything Pokemon, the Deadpool game (<3 Wade), Minecraft, BBT, Spyro YotD, and Skyrim, Syrim, and more Skyrim), so I don't have a huge frame of reference. But as long as I never complete the main story and don't read about it, I know that I will always have something new that I can do.

Somewhat unrelated sidenote, I'll put it as a spoiler.
Does anyone else super hope that they release a DLC that allows for Minecraft-style multiplayer? Like, you're still the you of your world, but our friends can make someone to join you. They are just a normal person, though, as you would be in their world. PM or VM me your opinion on this so we don't take up a bunch of this lovely thread's space. I think it is a cool idea personally.

I tried to beat the Skyrim storyline, but the game is so broken on PS3 that I just gave up. Every single second I was worried about the game frame dropping or crashing randomly. It's a great game but it is not for consoles.

Ithanul

The the very first thing I did on Skyrim. Was kind of sad it was short, but dang that underground place is cool as heck when maxed out on PC. Then o course I started loading all the mods afterwards, hehe. *Actually manage to kill a Titan by downsampling from 4K with 50+ mods loaded, thank god for EVGA warrenty*

Actually I did! After completing almost every other quest lines there were, and decided "Hey, I'm gonna try to beat the game." And I did.