• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has anyone ever beaten Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
I defeated him a looooong time ago

burninator59

you really dont need to train your pokemon to level 70 and such. i hardly get my pokemon past 50's for fighting red. his pikachu can go down with a strong earthquake. all his others need to be hit pretty hard with super-effective moves. for snorlax. a misdreavus with pain split, perish song, and mean look can do the trick easily.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
Hasn't everyone, I have

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
...yeah. Not too difficult, actually.

redpanda

Yes... it wasn't too hard because I leveled up my pokemon like crazy before facing him.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
I once beat him with my high 40's water mono team (consisting of Feraligatr, Starmie, Lapras, Quagsire, Gyarados and Poliwrath). Venusaur gave me some problems until I got lucky with confuse ray/ice beam lapras, Quagsire owns Pikachu, Starmie can beat Charizard and it and Gyarados took down Espeon. Quagsire and Poliwrath beat Snorlax between them, and Blastoise was Starmie again with Thunderbolting action.

mew801

Yea ages ago when I had time to play the games!

the OP is the only one who hasnt beaten him, still good fun and a good rival. extremely exciting time for me as a 9 year old when I saw a level 81 and such

Forrest's Runs

i beat him on Gold
he says "..."
pikachu
espeon
charizard
venusaur
blastoise
snorlax
is his team

Zorg

Spongetastic
reds easy bad thing is you can only verse him like every day, so you cant train as much on him...

After finding out what pokemons that he used and a little training, I beat him around up to five + times and found him more of an annoyence than a challange.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i challenged him once and finished him with my lv100 dragonite, now that was in the time that a dragonite could beat everything.

Orphee

no need to be upset
I beat Red the first time i battle with him, but always have problems with Snorlax( never used a fighting type <.<) then the elite four and him were only there to make money and my pokemon more stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.