• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has anyone ever beaten Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphee

no need to be upset
I beat Red the first time i battle with him, but always have problems with Snorlax( never used a fighting type <.<) then the elite four and him were only there to make money and my pokemon more stronger

burninator59

red is very difficult the first time, because you dont know hes there. you just find him... and BOOM! level 81 pikachu!
but once you replay the game, your whole purpose of training your pokemon is to defeat red. he is your final opponent. you know it. you train a team just to beat him. at least thats how i felt :)

FastTonyDeNiro

I beat him the first time I battled him. Feraligater, Mew, Ho Oh, Machamp, Raikou, and Tyranitar. They were all between level 60-65, and I breezed right through him. 1 hit KO'd his Snorlax with a critical hit cross chop from Machamp, it was pretty.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I've never beaten Red. I was a little younger back in the G/S/C days. I couln'd even beat the Elite 4. -_-;

np-x

Give Me Seafood.....
I think the question should be "Who hasn't Beaten Red"

xDDD

Kataphrut

Yes, but I pretty much streamed through with my level 100 Feraligatr. Even then, I definately struggled.

Seriously, they need more battles like his. That fight was the closest thing to epic in the Pokemon series.

FastTonyDeNiro

Ya they really should add more battles like this one.

Isn't there someone in one of the newer gens that has pokemon that are even higher levels than Red's? I can't remember if it's in 3rd or 4th gen.

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
Use super effectiv moves, Earthquake to make taters out of snorlax and pikachu for instance. He got all the Red/blue startes and pikachu. Snorlax and Espeon.

Beat him the first time, and every time.

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
Ya they really should add more battles like this one.

Isn't there someone in one of the newer gens that has pokemon that are even higher levels than Red's? I can't remember if it's in 3rd or 4th gen.

As far as i remember, you got the battle frontier which you can enter open level and all pokemon matches the level of your highest lvl pokemon in team. But dont think there are any strong trainer with fixed levels on his pokemon as some kind of boss.

wordless

From what I remember I ended up slaughtering him after several tries, then I just used him for training purposes

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
As a wee lad I only came across Red once, by accident, grossly unprepared. Lo thy battle was legendary!

Last edited:

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
I have. He's quite easy if you use pokemons that trump any of his pokemon's weaknesses.
The only thing remotely hard about him is his Snorlax.

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
I was under the impression that he was supposed to be Yellow; thus why he had all the starters and why his strongest poke'mon was a pikachu.
I'm pretty sure that Red and Yellow are the same person, so it never really bothered me. Until I decided to read the PokéSupé manga. It gave me plenty of reasons not to ship them together.

Also, this game has been around for several years. I'd be worried if no one had beaten him by now. I know I have several times.

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
Yup. After having a shockingly charged battle with him at first,(pun intended) the battle culminated at a highly exciting point, invoving a lugia that destroyed 3 of his pokemon, and a meganium that knew solarbeam. I pwned him.

Mooites

I beat him with my level 70-ish Typhlosion. I was pretty young at the time, and it took me a million tries, thanks to Blastoise, but I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.