• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has Anyone played the GB version of the trading card game?

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
(In advance, I had no clue where to put this thread so i put it here.)

So has anyone played the the pokemon trading card game on the Gameboy? The game was great espcially where I lived because i didn't live by many kids and I could'nt play the game at school(something about the gateway to gambling) so the Gameboy game was there so I could build a deck without spending to much cash and had something to play against.

I think this may need to be moved to other games.

But yeah, ive played it and it was good for when a human opponent wasnt available. It would be interesting to see an updated remake from nintendo, but i dont think it could be better than redshark/apprentice. ;123;

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Gammazamma

Aquapolis trainer
I do and I love it. I never played the trading card game as a kid, I just collected the cards. It's really good how all of the elements of the card game have been incorporated and that I can actually play it because nobody I know plays or has played the card game in real life. I like that it only has the older cards and none of the newer ones because the game brings back the nostalgia too, plus the ease of not having newer features such as Pokebodies , Ex cards, new trainer cards and new energy cards so the rules are kept simple.

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
*sigh* I loved that game. We should start a petition to have a sequal made! After all the Yu-gi-oh games I've seen on the DS, I doon't think it would be to much of a stretch to make a Pokemon Trading Card Game for the DS, featuring all of the Diamon and Pearl Sets and all of the Platinum Sets.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Hell yes! I still have it, infact. I haven't played on it for a bit, but i mean to.

It had a good storyline too, plus some lovable characters...

...Except for that dickhead Ronald. I hate him so much...

Lady Umbreon

Love it. Still have it and play it every now and then. I think there was a Game Boy Color sequel that didn't make it over here. A DS version would be awesome.

Tiomasta

Not amused
I played it once, and I loved it.

I think there was a Game Boy Color sequel that didn't make it over here.
Yeah, Japan only. It had one or two new sets, I think.
The bosses wore some masks, each with a number and a type, I think...
The game had some really, really cool boss music.
Ah, forgot one thing. There was some duels that had special rules, like using only normal-type pokes, that was cool.

I would love if they made another TCG game for the DS or something.

Last edited:

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Does anyone know if there is a translated rom of the second game? I've been searching for it for ages. Or are roms a taboo subject here?

Illusione-Tempus

I like that game :D

I wish they will make a DS game for it, and I hope they make them include Pokemon from various Dex (eg. Upcoming Johto Dex, Hoenn Dex, Sinnoh Dex) :D

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
They make a Yu-gi-oh! DS game a year! Why can't they do a PTCG to?

BCVM22

...because what Yu-Gi-Oh does as a franchise has zero bearing on anything of value, much less what Pokémon does as a franchise?

Just a hunch.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I have the game! I bought it very long ago...but I'm surprised at how good it is...there are so many cards and you can custom your deck anyway you want to! I would like to see another Pokemon TCG for the DS! [even tho I probly wouldn't get it]

Nebbio

NINJA!
I haven't but is it any good and what sets does it include?