• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has completing the Pokedex aged well in gen 1?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I got close, but no, I never finished it. I think I had about 114 Pokemon cataloged.

TwilightBlade

It was way too hard to achieve this feat in the early games even with help from friends because nobody that I knew was willing to trade their version exclusive Pokemon unless they got something rare in return. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
I finished it in Red version about 10 years ago when I replayed the game, but I didn't feel that it was worth it. Perhaps because I wasn't that interested in the Kanto games when I achieved that accomplishment: if I had done it during the Gen I era, I probably would've felt happier.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I don't recall having Pokedex completion as a major goal for myself even this early on. Like, it wasn't a thing for Ash and I preferred him having a smaller team that he really bonded with. And even if I had, the only reward being the Diploma would have probably been really disappointing lol.