• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has Justin Beiber ruined SteamPunk?

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Steampunks are just that. Punks, who think that their taste in fashion matters. If Bibarel wearing haute Steampunk couture is going to make a negative impact on the subculture, then it shows how shallow they really are. They don't give a fock about Steampunk at all, they just like FFVI because it's cool to like!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I did read the first post but all I saw was "Blah blah Justin Bieber's angered the Internet blah blah blah completely goddamn inconsequential blah blah blah has more passionate haters than he does fans".

Not a Bieber fan myself, he makes me feel really old, but get some perspective, people.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
It's not the end of the world :/ I like steampunk culture, with JB making a video with it in it wouldn't it just bring more popularity to it?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
The bigger question would be, what has Justin Bieber not ruined? This atrocious attempt to a Christmas song is painful to the ears.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I'm at loss on how an artist can ruin anything, to be honest.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
"OMG! Justin Bieber wore stripes! We can't wear stripes! This is an insult to the stripe-wearing subculture!"

I don't really get the Bieber-hate in the first place. I'm not a fan of his music, but there are plenty of artists I'm not a fan of, but I don't go around making a huge deal about it. The whole Steampunk subculture seems pretty ridiculous to me in the first place. And if you really, truly love something, there's no way some celebrity dressing like it is going to make you quit loving it. He didn't ruin anything. People are just too into hating him to get over their butthurt and move on.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
He only ruins music if your mind lets him.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
He only ruins music if your mind lets him.

Thank you. I've tried to tell this to people before. People allegedly "hate" Justin Bieber because they exaggerate whatever hatred they may have, and then hating Justin Bieber becomes the new fad so everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Me? I haven't heard enough of his music to have a relevant opinion and I don't plan to listen to it anyway.

Anyways, just because Biebs wears your clothes doesn't mean you have to abandon it. If anything, that just makes you seem insecure about your passions.