• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has Meloetta gotten enough attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Note: This is just my opinion. You can disagree if you want to, but no hateful comments

BW is getting so repetitive. A lot of people hated piplup for getting so much screen time, but what about meloetta? She has like 30 episodes dedicated to her and a special short! What is so special about her?
I'm not bashing her or anything, but i just think that she has had enough attention.

I don't understand. Instead of glorifying Meloetta in every episode, why don't ash and Cilan get some real training done? Ash have all 8 badges and hardly any of their pokemon have evolved and they have hardly learnt any new moves. What happened to those exciting fillers that ended in levelling up or a pokemon learning an awesome move?

What do you think?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
A lot of people hated piplup for getting so much screen time, but what about meloetta? She has like 50 episodes dedicated to her and a special short! What is so special about her? I'm not bashing her or anything, but i just think that she has had enough attention.
As a legendary, Meloetta didn't get to become a star of her own movie so she was utilized in an anime story arc instead. Also, you're exaggerating so much. Meloetta got like 15 episodes during Season 2 - half of which she didn't even get much focus, she just traveled around with Ash and co. So yeah, she didn't get much attention and what she got wasn't too much at all.

I don't understand. Instead of glorifying Meloetta in every episode,
There you go again.

why don't ash and Cilan get some real training done?
Oh crap, some real training ... how about ... I dunno - Junior Cup?

Ash have all 8 badges and hardly any of their pokemon have evolved and they have hardly learnt any new moves. What happened to those exciting fillers that ended in levelling up or a pokemon learning an awesome move?
Sadly, those days are over, at least in BW. Ash's team was poorly handled and developed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well , first she was only in for like 15 or 20 episodes, and really was just kind of a side character for most of them minus onix island and of course the underwater temple. And then the short, and that's about it. Meloetta is the least of the problems in the anime.

BlueDragonfangirl

This Pokemon should have gotten much more attention if any thing, Pipulp attention was nutts though :p

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Sadly, those days are over, at least in BW. Ash's team was poorly handled and developed.

No, the days of those "exciting fillers that ended in levelling up or a pokemon learning an awesome move" never existed. Because levels don't exist in the anime and none of those fillers were exciting.

Janovy

Banned
No, the days of those "exciting fillers that ended in levelling up or a pokemon learning an awesome move" never existed. Because levels don't exist in the anime and none of those fillers were exciting.
Haha, no I didn't mean it that way. Nowadays, Pokémon seem to evolve only during gym matches and trainer battles, like most of Ash's Pokémon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Meloetta got a lot, and at least a fair amount, of attention for not getting a movie. For one, it got a movie short (even though that's nothing compared to a movie); and a good amount of time in the anime. How? By being a traveling companion with Ash and the gang. Plus, afterwards, we get announcements for a Meloetta game release. About freaking time.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
And as soon as meleotta gets released in America, it will get a lot more attention too.

Kokatsu

I really don't see how Mello got as much time as you think. It was with Ash for about 10 or 12 eps but it was not the star of those eps until the TR 2 parter

I think Meloetta has definitely had enough attention given to it, and that's great. Not as much as it could have, but a fair amount.

gliscor&yanmega

Note: This is just my opinion. You can disagree if you want to, but no hateful comments

BW is getting so repetitive. A lot of people hated piplup for getting so much screen time, but what about meloetta? She has like 30 episodes dedicated to her and a special short! What is so special about her?
I'm not bashing her or anything, but i just think that she has had enough attention.

I don't understand. Instead of glorifying Meloetta in every episode, why don't ash and Cilan get some real training done? Ash have all 8 badges and hardly any of their pokemon have evolved and they have hardly learnt any new moves. What happened to those exciting fillers that ended in levelling up or a pokemon learning an awesome move?

What do you think?

Firstly, Meloetta is gone from the Anime, the episodes it appeared in have aired in both Japan and the dub has been shown. You're making it sound like they are still doing stuff with it, they aren't.

Secondly, it only appeared in 16 episodes, basically half of what you said, even more, most of those episodes weren't "dedicated" to it. Here, I'll even go over each:
Movie Showdown! Sortie, Unova Defense Group!!-Debut of it, only had like once scene focused on it, rest of the episode was focused on Pokéstar Studios.
Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) Fierce Fighting at the Virbank Gym! VS Roxie!! Part 1-It appeared, but no focus at all, it was just there hiding away following Ash, the episode was focused on Ash's gym battle.
Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) Fierce Fighting at the Virbank Gym! VS Roxie!! Part 2-Same as above.
All For The Love of Meloetta Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!-Now this episode was actually focused and dedicated to it. However, there was still other stuff in focus of the episode, such as Cynthia.
Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! Piplup VS Pansage, the Magnificent Battle!!-It got some screen time, but the episode wasn't about it, Dawn's return is what was the focus.
Expedition to Onix Island! Survival on the Island of Onix!-It showed of it's other forme, but other then that the episode wasn't about it.
The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! Connoiseur Detective Cilan! The Mystery of the Lost Cubchoo! -Nothing. It appeared, but in no way was the episode about it at all, it was about finding a lost Cubchoo.
Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! Iris and the Roughneck Dragonite!-Helped calmed down Dragonite, episode still wasn't about it at all.
Jostling for the Junior Cup! The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Dragonite VS Beartic!!-Tournament focus, pretty much didn't do anything the entire time throughout the tournament.
Battling Authority Once Again! Power Battle! Iris VS Dawn!-Same as above.
Ash, Iris and Trip: Then There Were Three! Ash, Iris & Trip's Final Battle-Same as above.
Goodbye, Junior Cup - Hello Adventure! The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters!-Same as above.
The Road to Humilau! Humilau Gym Battle! Mantine VS Samurott-Nothing really happened with it, episode was more focus on Ash and Cameron bonding and Cameron having his final gym battle.
Unrest at the Nursery! Pokémon Nursery School Uproar! Rufflet & Vullaby!-It calmed some Pokemon down, nothing else, episode was focused on Rufflet and Vullably. Throughout some of these episodes, Team Rocket was stalking Meloetta but even that was a small scene in each episode to lead up to the climax.
Meloetta and the Undersea Temple Meloetta and the Underwater Temple!-Climax, of course it's focused on, it is important to the plot. Despite this, there was still other stuff going on.
Unova's Survival Crisis Advance of the Therian Formes! Unova's Greatest Crisis!!-Same as above. It leaves the show at this point.

As for the Pikachu short, yah it got one, and guess what, it didn't get a movie at all, so this was all substitution for that, and in fact, was something new that the writers did, a Legendary Pokemon has never followed Ash around to my knowledge(Unless you want to count Ho-Oh, even though the situations are far from the same). So much for "repetitiveness".

Finally, I'm closing this. Pretty much for the reasons I already went over(It's no longer in the Anime, and it didn't get nearly as much as you made it out).

Status
Not open for further replies.