• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has Pokemon lost a little bit of its attraction?

Bownzinho

I lost interest after X. I can’t really say why it just happened and I got rid of all my games but Platinum (that’s got all my event ones still on it). I get back off honeymoon this weekend and have found sound good deals on White 2, Sun and Ultra Moon on EBay to get me back into things. I’m not moving into gen 8 or 9 for a while.

I think it’s one of those series that goes in phases for me. I’ll never fall out with it even as I hit 40 cos they’re fun games but I do tend to stop for a while and then something will pull me back in.

I’m not going to lie all the battle mechanics like Dynamax always have me confused when I read the Pokémon of the week stuff but I remember on X i tended to ignore the mega evolution stuff in battle. Not a criticism of the mechanics, it’s old habits I guess.

ranaday789

There's definitely a third category of adult Pokemon players--those of us that just play the games for fun. I'm 25 and have logged 130 hours in the new generation with no breed grinding, nuzlocke challenges, or anything other than just playing and having a good time.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You could even argue Gen 8’s success as a whole was because of it being the first true generation to be on a home console and not a handheld, .
As much as I liked the Gen 8 games, I wouldn’t call this generation a success. Based on the endless bashing all three games got for stuff like Dexit, the graphics, the battle animations, Dynamax, the story (especially SWSH), and basically everyone saying they’re “bland and uninspired games not worth $60,” I feel like Gen 8 was a complete flop (and all of the complaints and criticism from Journeys didn’t help either -_- )

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
As much as I liked the Gen 8 games, I wouldn’t call this generation a success. Based on the endless bashing all three games got for stuff like Dexit, the graphics, the battle animations, Dynamax, the story (especially SWSH), and basically everyone saying they’re “bland and uninspired games not worth $60,” I feel like Gen 8 was a complete flop (and all of the complaints and criticism from Journeys didn’t help either -_- )
I meant commercial success, it was far more divisive from a fandom perspective. The sales figures were mostly driven by the fact a huge amount of the casual players owned a Switch and likely many of its other best-selling games.