• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has technology gone to far?

Do you think technology has come to far?

• Yes

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 98 88.3%

• Total voters

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Technology is fine, people being complete idiots with the use of technology on the other hand has way overstepped the mark.

jigsawtimes

purple pokemon ftw
*too @ op

actually, the united states great plains are capable of producing enough food to end world hunger. Problem is other countries are incapable of paying us for these goods and we all know what happens when farmers overproduce. Historical evidence includes pretty much the entire period post civil war until wwii (sans the wwi gap).

In any case, technology improves quality of life for the most part and should not be slowed. It must be allowed to grow.

Tl;dr screw the amish

why do you write normally here but nowhere else?

Fire_Paw

Moonwatcher
Yes and no. Yes, because I can see what littlea53 means by saying technology is keeping us from manual labor, or at least, it's an excuse that a lot of people use to avoid manual labor. No, because really, technology is part of what keeps track of earthquakes, hurricanes, and quite a bit of other stuff that we need warning of. Plus, because of technology helping more medicines for diseases can be discovered so I can't say technology has gone too far in most senses. Mostly the problem is with the abuse done by people.

Last edited:

red fish

A reekfish
it comes to far when occupations are made just for techology.(and when people are to fat to walk)

legendarypokemonmaster

No. I can see your point though. When stuff like the matrix happens, then we will have gone too far. Technology does not cause laziness, but, if anything, enables it because physical labor is not as necessary as it used to be.
We still have third world countries. Your argument is invalid. If technology is so advanced, they should be able to solve famine problems in third world countries and stuff like that.
I don't think that is what the OP is talking about, and it is in fact possible.

Ausgirl

Alleviate:

It's only a matter of time until the robots take over. After movies like iRobot and Terminator I'm sacred.
Someone has been watching too many sci-fi movies.

Last edited:
Yep. It's only a matter of time before we build a board with a nail in it so big it will destroy us all!

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
I think technology hasn't gone too far, but then again I think they should redirect their efforts to stuff that's more beneficial to mankind, rather than spreading itself out too far with researchers that use up a LOT of money for research on aliens, or bigfoot or whatever. They needsta get their priorities straight for the time of being.
Well, this is just MY opinion, feel free to argue against it.

Ausgirl

I think technology hasn't gone too far, but then again I think they should redirect their efforts to stuff that's more beneficial to mankind, rather than spreading itself out too far with researchers that use up a LOT of money for research on aliens, or bigfoot or whatever. They needsta get their priorities straight for the time of being.
Well, this is just MY opinion, feel free to argue against it.

Why limit the possibilities? Not everything is as straight forward as you might think.

I support alien research because there's a strong possibility that they could exist for example there's the crop circles, ufo sightings and earth-like planets. However there's no evidence for creatures like bigfoot with the exception of crappy photo's.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
Why limit the possibilities? Not everything is as straight forward as you might think.

I support alien research because there's a strong possibility that they could exist for example there's the crop circles, ufo sightings and earth-like planets. However there's no evidence for creatures like bigfoot with the exception of crappy photo's.

I strongly believe that they exist too, but I'm just saying that they should focus more on the immediate problems that can be found on Earth: global warming, world hunger/poverty, etc, rather than spending money on research that can wait, like Alien research. or archaeology. Well, unless of course an artifact is quickly eroding or something of that sort.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Not until jetpacks becomes available to everyday households, I'd say no.

VizardBlue

no, you are dead.
No! Never! We're just starting in the world, we haven't solved issues that need to be solved for human life to last longer. Were already getting extremely overpopulated, eventually, we're either going to have to stop people from getting pregnant, or cast out into space! We need more medicine, more cures, newer, better methods for everything! Although I think we shouldn't devolve into a point for the machines do everything for us, we need a way to keep humanity in it's physical prime, so no one ever gets fat or lazy. Considering America is one of those countries that has the latest technology even though we're in a extremely poor economic state and have fallen from grace, were nowhere near the "best country in the world" anymore, were still the fattest.