• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the Bike become a totally pointless item?

Psycho Cut

Yeah, I never really use the bike much to be honest. I know it's faster than the running shoes, but i just prefer the running shoes. The only time I use the bike is for hatching/waiting for eggs.

YDT

Positively Ecstatic
In heartgold the bike wasn't much faster than running shoes, but i still used it cause it was somewhat faster. Now in Black and White it's like two times faster than the running shoes, especially with all the straight paths in the game i found it really helpful.

manaphy72

i use the bike to hatch eggs....

Axel

Orange Champion
I used the Bicycle all the time in Generations I and II, but that's because we just didn't have Running Shoes back then. Ever since Generation III, I only use the Bicycle for hatching eggs.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I used the Bicycle all the time in Generations I and II, but that's because we just didn't have Running Shoes back then. Ever since Generation III, I only use the Bicycle for hatching eggs.

You're right. It's really working well in earlier generations.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Why to use the bike if you can run?

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
I use the bike so I can breed eggs and hang over here... ;)
But yeah, I like bike... use it all the time... maybe been bringing it from Gen I

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
The only time I really use the bike is when hatching eggs.

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
Can you say "I need it for Breeding"?

Thats exactly what I use it for. I do use a bit but I can just fly to places and most of where I am going to I can just run there.

chadrizar

I actually use the bike (I find running slow).

~Ace

i can show you how
I still use the bike, but i cant seem to steer it accurately in black and white! If I am 1 tile away from a door, I will often bike 2 tiles with 1 tap of the button. Frusturating!! Haha, but I like it for its speed

this ^ i almost gave up the bicycle, then i got in 3 hours later nbd

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
Am I the only one that finds the running shoes too slow and that it puts too much stress on the B button?
In smaller spaces the running shoes are great but travelling city to city (i.e., long distances) runs (ugh, bad pun) more smoothly for me with the bike.
I do not use the running shoes for hatching because it takes even longer and every game except HG and SS I would need to hold down B and that makes it an even less enjoyable experience.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
Am I the only one that finds the running shoes too slow and that it puts too much stress on the B button?
In smaller spaces the running shoes are great but travelling city to city (i.e., long distances) runs (ugh, bad pun) more smoothly for me with the bike.
I do not use the running shoes for hatching because it takes even longer and every game except HG and SS I would need to hold down B and that makes it an even less enjoyable experience.

bike is better... I've gotten B-button cramps in the parts before you get the bike.

Nakashima

I only ever use the bike when collecting and hatching eggs. Other than that I just get annoyed with it =P I run into to things when just running, let alone using that darn thing..

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I forgot to say it was good for hatching eggs

jamaela18

All-Round Breeder
I forgot to say it was good for hatching eggs

And its the only thing its worth using it...
The bike was cool in R\S\E because there were some places you can only get with the bike, but after that...
Maybe they put that slopes again if they made the remake.