• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the Bike become a totally pointless item?

Sea Swampert

being piratey
The Bike...your trusty get every fast item of Gen I and II. Has it become a pointless item thanks to the running shoes?
I know there have a been a few things it's been used for in the recent gens such as getting up slippy hills and the such, but why do we still have it?

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
i use it all the time, mainly cos i'm impatient and i'd rather zip around than hold down the b button. even in soulsilver i still held down b out of habit while running.

Sea Swampert

being piratey
hmmm good point actually lol. although in HGSS you didn't need to hold B for the running shoes.

I just find I don't use the bike like I did in Gen I and II

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
I only use the bike on long straight routes or bridges! (I race the trucks on skyarrow bridge they always win though)

Woo 50 posts woooooo yeah

Last edited:

Sea Swampert

being piratey
I only use the bike on long straight routes or bridges! (I race the trucks on skyarrow bridge they always win though)

I'd like to see some one cycle faster than trucks on a motorway :D

Mister_SGG

hmmm good point actually lol. although in HGSS you didn't need to hold B for the running shoes.

I just find I don't use the bike like I did in Gen I and II

This is probably cause the only other option was walking slower than, as my grandfather would say, mollases in the middle of July.

But yes, I think it's a pretty pointless item now. I have prefered the Running Shoes since HeartGold when you couldn't see you Pokemon unless you were running or walking. Hardly ever used it except for Egg hatching. That's the only thing it's really good for anymore.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I tend to use my bike only when i really want to rush to the Pokémon Center. Other than that, I walk.

Sea Swampert

being piratey
Would you rather hold B while going back and forth hatching your eggs? Suit yourself.

Again, a good point. Guess it has more uses than I thought. sigh now I feel like a right tit

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
So has the bike become useless?
Simple answer: no
I use it to race trucks while hatching my eggs.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
You had better!

The bike... I still don't see how it fits in tiny little bag. Even if it's like, foldable.

You Don't question Logic like that in a Pokémon game.

Last edited:

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
The bike... I still don't see how it fits in tiny little bag. Even if it's like, foldable.

bahaha i've never thought about it.

it's odd thinking about how ghetto packed those bags must be.
especially when i have 60 some odd ultra balls in preparation for an incoming legendary battle.

Zanji

I use it everywhere I am able to in White lol helps me hatch eggs, and get across those bridges lol