• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the Bike become a totally pointless item?

Validus

I use it all the time for hatching eggs, without the bike they would be twice as painful to hatch.

megamudkip

mudkip rulez!
i only use it for breeding because i hate the music

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
I'm glad the Bike is still in the game. I use it when I'm breeding, when I'm gathering wings/obtaining HP EVs on the bridges, and just when I need to get around faster. It's very useful.

Also, I'm not too fond of holding down a button for extended periods of time just so I can move faster, and it doesn't seem good for the button itself.

I use it on Black so I don't have to hold down that stupid B button, but on SoulSilver, to me, it is essentially useless- being followed by Pokemon is just too fun.

PsychicPsycho

I'm glad the Bike is still in the game. I use it when I'm breeding, when I'm gathering wings/obtaining HP EVs on the bridges, and just when I need to get around faster. It's very useful.

Also, I'm not too fond of holding down a button for extended periods of time just so I can move faster, and it doesn't seem good for the button itself.
I totally echo this statement. While the running shoes are faster then walking, the bike is faster then the shoes.

And as someone whose ds buttons are slowly sinking into his ds, I prefer not to have to hold down B all the time. I thought the running shoes button in HG/SS was great.

Trainer D1

The Trainer in Blue
The bike is not really pointless (like what the others said). It helps me hatch eggs faster (whenever I'm impatient) and I don't have to press B for how long to make myself faster, but in HG/SS, well the bike is not completely useless, it's just I don't use it often.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
The bike is not really pointless (like what the others said). It helps me hatch eggs faster (whenever I'm impatient) and I don't have to press B for how long to make myself faster, but in HG/SS, well the bike is not completely useless, it's just I don't use it often.

They've removed bike-only places, like dusty slopes.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
The bike used to be more fun with the bike route or road

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
I love the bike I get sick of holding B Down

Black Inc.

No pasa nada.
I love the bike! I rode it even in HGSS when I didn't have to hold down B to run lol
Plus, the music rocks. The G/S bike music is the only bike music I can remember.

Like most people, I use the bike for egg hatching. Other than that, I typically don't use it. I find it very hard to control, and I like to stay on the center of the path.

EnvyTheirGreed

Just keep swimming~
I only use the running shoes until I get a bike, or when I'm indoors. LOL