• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the Bike become a totally pointless item?

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
I bike everywhere exept on hgss t00!!

Firebrand

Indomitable
In SS I never used the bike. Autorun and a pokemon behind me made it so I never wanted to use it. Well, the one time I used it, I felt I was moving slower than when I used running shoes.
But now that none of those features are in Gen V, I use the bike considerably more, like on bridges and straight roads.

What's so pointless about an item that makes you move fast and that you can store it in your backpack, despite the fact that it is larger than your backpack...

DarumakkaImposter

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I dont use the bike especially because of the music that appears when using it

jj48

In Gen V I bike everywhere, because it's twice as fast as running.

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
i can't stand to run everywhere,i love the bike:)

Professor Poke

What's so pointless about an item that makes you move fast and that you can store it in your backpack, despite the fact that it is larger than your backpack...

Pokeball technology obviously. Have you not seen the anime? They apparently carry enough furniture/utensils/food to feed/sit a whole family in their backpacks. The only thing missing is the house itself.

I hate using the bike on BW on very narrow places! When i stop holding the D pad, my character stops at an extra frame! It's harder to squeeze in something narrow riding a bike than running directly into it...

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
I hate using the bike on BW on very narrow places! When i stop holding the D pad, my character stops at an extra frame! It's harder to squeeze in something narrow riding a bike than running directly into it...

Admittedly true, still helpful for eggs and speeding up riding across the big "cutscene" style bridges :p

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
I'm of the opinion that the bike is completely useless. Unless they keep adding more places where the bike is absolutely necessary. :/

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I find the bike absolutely cruical. Holding the B-button down gets tiring, and hatching eggs would be an absolute pain without it. Also - Skyarrow bridge, people?
I find it very satisfying to bike around, twice as fast as the running shoes, and obviously, with the wind blowing in my face. Joy.

Mevejuma

I think it would be nice if they gave us two different kinds of bike again, or a bike that can shift gear so it can function differently. It was pretty cool in R/S/E that you needed a different bike to access different areas, so I wouldn't mind seeing that back. Maybe they could even come up with some kind of mini-game utilising the bike, where you have to perform tricks and stunts? Just a thought.

wdlssm

It's Me
I like the music, it's faster than running, and I use it to hatch eggs in Goldenrod city.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
The Bike...your trusty get every fast item of Gen I and II. Has it become a pointless item thanks to the running shoes?
I know there have a been a few things it's been used for in the recent gens such as getting up slippy hills and the such, but why do we still have it?

Pretty much all the above reasons, and for me I use it to hatch eggs faster while breeding.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I use bikes everywhere expect caves because I always have the Dowsing Machine on. Got to get all the goodies!